Notices

Resistance tubes

Old 05-28-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Resistance tubes

Sigh...I sustained a shoulder/back/rib injury in March ...due to a graceful tumble I took over my own two feet . I've been attending physical therapy trying to learn to "deal" with the stupid thing. I know it's mending, but just not quick enough. I'm not in constant pain any more...I just can't do much with it... and all I can say is that damaging tendons SUCKS big time!

I only have a few days left of physical therapy and I don't want to regress. I can't afford a gym membership, so I went out and bought a set of resistance tubes that I can do most of the exercises on that I am doing in physical therapy.

Has anyone ever used resistance tubes before?

Today is the first day of using my new resistance tubes with the workout dvd that came with them. I suck!!! Some things I can't do because of my shoulder.

The cardio I can't do just because I'm soooooo out of shape. I chose to march in place through all the cardio parts. Which I guess is better than just standing there looking at the television, huh? Hopefully I'll be able to work my way into the cardio stuff...or at least up to jogging through the cardio stuff.

My plan was that I was going to get up early this morning and go for an hour walk before it got too hot. Didn't happen. I am so not a morning person...sigh. Guess that I need to learn to be though if I expect to be able to do any walking this summer.

I now weigh 156 pounds and am 5' 6". I'm thinking that if I lost another 11-15 pounds I'd be at a pretty healthy weight.

Does anyone know how I can increase my protein intake without adding very many calories? I have found these bottled smoothies with boosts added. The mango flavor has 30g of protein per bottle, but it also has almost 500 calories per bottle. Which is fine for the days that I miss breakfast. But, I'm really trying to keep my calorie intake to under 1100 calories daily. Even eating healthy and using portion control, it's really easy to go over that.

Sigh.....
Old 05-28-2010, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

See if you can find pre-cooked chicken breasts. Some of them you can get seasoned as well. Just pop one in the microwave and cover with a couple tablespoons of guacamole or real ketchup (no corn syrup!). Each breast has around 30g or so of protein but only about 150-200 calories. Dressing it up probably would add maybe another 50.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:30 PM
FitDay Member

Eggs are a great source of protein. A large egg has about 71.5 calories and 6.3g of protein. You can hard boil them and take them almost anywhere. Protien shakes (made from powder are fewer calories than the bottled type and protein bars can also get you 20g of protein with about 200 calories.