Little steps to the finish line >

Little steps to the finish line

Community
Notices

Little steps to the finish line

Old 05-27-2010, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Little steps to the finish line

I started my New way of healthy eating and fitness April 1st weighing in at 200. As of today I am down to 187 (weigh in is Saturday - crossing fingers). I started doing 45 minutes in am to Jillian Michaels video Last Chance Workout (love it!) 4 wks ago and then last week started running after work for an hour 3.75 miles. This weekend I am opening my pool so I will be able to toss in laps once I get it cleaned. My goal weight is 155 - no time frame when I get there I'll get there - but am finally doing it the right way. I didn't do this to myself overnight - I know its going to take time to get to the finish line. I'm just happy to be up and moving again. I feel so much better than I have in a long time.

My question to all of you would be - what are your regiments or what has worked for you. Just looking for different things to do so I don't get bored.

Good luck to eveyone and keep your eyes ahead of you - the finish line in out there.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to fitDay, AliciaNova!

I'm so jealous that you've got your own pool!! Anyways, I found that I get bored fairly easily when I work out, so I try to switch between different routines. I swim for 60 minutes once a week, I attend a Zumba class, i go biking at least once a week (weather permitting) and I try to walk alot, not take the lift, walk or cycle when i don't really need to take the car etc. And I try to watch what I eat. Be assured, I'm not always successful, but for me it's mainly about developping a new mindset.

Best of luck for your journey!

Molly
Old 05-27-2010, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi AliciaNova

Having been someone who has worked out pretty regular for a few years now, I have watched the old 'age' thing play havoc on my metabolism strongly over the last year.

I have noticed that my cardio that I am used to, is no longer helping me loose or even stay even keel. I have to step things up a notch now in order to beat this added weight with age syndrome.

I have recently changed my cardio. Having only access to a treadmill at home and no pool or gym membership, I am incorporating alot of plyometrics now into my routines. I have done it max 1x a week for a few months (knee was bothering me) but have recently upped my cardio and plyo to almost daily with plyo at least 2-3 times a week. I started jumping alot of rope too for variety. Its very easy to keep my heart rate up when doing plyo as I am not in the greatest of shape that I thought I was..... lol

Good luck with your goals, persistence pays