The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 09-24-2010, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default 20 min run!!!

YIPPEE WOO HOO!!!! I DID IT ~ I DID IT!

I ran the 20 minutes non~stop and it felt GREAT! I could've kept going it felt so good.

I did not let myself get nervous about it, I kept telling myself I could this, that I've practically already done it with the previous intervals. (NO NEGATIVITY).

Then everything wrong happened. I got up a little late, I left my ipod at work - OMG - I have been completely dependent on my preloaded podcasts for the timing. I was determined to not let anything take the run away from me so I went to use my daughter's ipod just for music and I find no ear phones. No way! Really? Then she reminded me to use my boyfriends earphones and so I just used his Ipod. Good thing I just loaded it up with songs the other week, huh? So I didn't have to worry about timing cause it was just a 5 min warm up then run for 20 mins. I read somewhere to not watch the clock/timer and just check your time after 4 or 5 songs. Good plan, but I had to keep skipping songs cause I had no playlists with fast music set up on his Ipod - ugh! Of course I lost count of the songs because I had to keep skipping around. LOL

I tell you all this because I thought it was very funny......here I was ready to take the "big 20 min run" and I ran across every freakin excuse in the book that could have given me a reason NOT to do it. But I was determined to do this run, do it today, do it all the way through and today I officially became a RUNNER!

The C25K program really is awesome! It's challenging enough to keep you shooting for doing better each week, yet it's completely doable when you do it at your own pace. And while I haven't had to repeat any days or weeks, I always left that option available to me. I think the biggest part was my mindset - I went into this program knowing I wanted to complete it even if it took me longer than 9 weeks......and look at me now!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

WOOHOO, DEB!
Thanks for sharing your success! Way to go!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 09/29/2010

Hi folks!

How did everyone's week go?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default I'll give it a C-

Hi fellow Wed. Club folks! It's not been the greatest week for me; another vacation, another running-off-the rails. I am just planning on getting back to what I know works and trying to be patient. It's not so much that I ate "bad" food (except for one day), just too much of the okay food. Plus we were in the mountains, and hiking at my family's pace and whitewater rafting were not aerobic in the least, although it was all a ton of fun.

It feels good to feel a little DOMS today after getting back on track Monday and yesterday.

Hope you all are doing well!!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone? Where is everyone? Is this thread wavy usually? hmm? Anyway, I'm down again. Now I'm at 205.4, as long as it goes down, the amount doesn't matter to me, it is all about direction right now.

I barely exercised this week and I realize that if I repeat that pattern the direction will change! Yikes!

Exciting news: I'm going to buy a bicycle this week. woohoo! Just to kick around town with the kids and Sunday morning rides with my neighbor.

Well, that is all I have! Have a great week and keep up the good work!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Week #7

Morning everyone,

I stayed the same but it's TTOM again - better than gaining!

C25K on track, just completed W6D2 - last day of intervals. All running from here on out, now I will focus on distance and speed.

Things I am learning: Patience and writing it down! Seeing it in writing and scheduling things on paper make them real and more importantly MAKE THEM HAPPEN! I was never really convinced about writing things down, but I'm learning it works.

Question: Anyone who's been doing the C25K (or any regular exercise), did you find it messed with your "cycle"? Sorry guys, but these questions have to be asked! LOL
Old 09-30-2010, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

I am back from Italy... and I had an AMAZING holiday! It was just magical. I saw and experienced so much. The art, the architecture, the culture... the food! YIKES! The food was outrageous. Sadly I have gained 5 pounds! Since my return 5 days ago, I have been devastated by this and sadly haven't gotten back on track. I feel so pissed that I gained that much weight. I don't feel like I ate enough to gain 5 pounds so that really sucks! I also was on the move every day, walking miles and miles and thought I was relatively safe from a big gain. I was wrong. The walking does not compare to my running program which I must get back to!

So before this gets any more out of hand I am here to say that I am renewing my commitment to get healthy and lose weight!!! I must get back to my running and remember how much I loved it and how good it made me feel. Of course it is POURING rain outside and has been every damn day since I have been back. Today I went to a spinning class which is pretty intense and it made me feel that awesome feeling that I get from working out.

Thank goodness for this forum. We need to all be here for each other!

Cassie, good for you for getting back on track! It inspires me. I have felt majorly DOMS since Saturday but I think I am coming out of it!

Deb, WOOHOO! How awesome that you are breezing through C25K! Doesn't it feel amazing?! YOU ROCK!

Missfitt, congrats on your weight loss and hope you got your bike by now! Maybe you could post a picture of it? I bet it's pretty!

Molly, thanks for keeping the Wed Club going and hope all is well with you.

Have a great Thursday, Everyone!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 09-30-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Ok, Rose...calm down and stop beating yourself up!

First of all, I am so glad you enjoyed your awesome holiday, and letting loose a little is part of that. After your stressful year, you earned this one, baby!

Second, it is very unlikely that calorically you ate enough for five pounds, so don't panic or get defeated. Give yourself a week back on your usual plan to accurately assess the damage. Over my past 2 vacations, I have noticed that it takes about that long (maybe 10 days) for my system to right itself and stabilize; yes, maybe a couple pounds up, but not as many as were reflected by the scale. Different foods, different activities, even just traveling...they all can add up to produce scale artifacts. Just do what you know is good for you body, don't freak out, and see where you are in a week or so, then come up with a plan.

Also, you are conditioned now so your body will respond quickly to exercise again. Put on your sneakers and do a run and you will automatically feel back on track!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Cassie, thank you so much! Seeing it in black and white, I realize that I am being a little dramatic. The weight gain is a bitter pill to swallow but you are right. I will get back on my plan and in a week I will reassess the situation. I can't thank you enough for the amazing advice that you give. This forum is really lucky to have you!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys- sorry i was not here last week- very busy at work and home.

i just got back from a fall getaway weekend today which has landed me with a higher number on the scale...

back at 200. i worked so hard to get under 200 and i let it go so easily..

i have a goal of 190 and plan on hitting it...but it sure is hard! i am down 15 pounds, you'd think the last 10 would be easy..but hell no it isnt!

anyways- besides the weight gain i am proud of my consistency with working out- i worked out sat morning and sunday morning in the HOTEL GYM! Sunday i ran 2.5 miles without stopping!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.