The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 09-15-2010, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

I like that "WORK not WANT".

I'm getting back on track, I've lost 2.7lbs this past week, but before you get too excited I'm still not back down to where I was before we left for vacation on Aug 15th. Still chipping away on that Disney gain... I've got another 2.3lbs to go, maybe by next week, fingers crossed, lips pressed firmly together.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Week #5

Hi Everyone,

Week #5 for me here and still the same....WTF?

C25K is progressing along nicely - I am in the middle of week #4 and still loving it and am impressing myself. WOO HOO

Have a good week everyone!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all!

Hope, this won't turn into a rant...

So.. I had my introduction at the gym yesterday and I have to say: I love it! My trainer designed a circuit training for me which I'm now supposed to follow 3 to 4 times a week. Apparently, my muscle mass is pretty good (32%), however, my body fat is really bad! I've got 28.8 % of bady fat - what a shocker! And how is that even possible after all the running, cycling and swimming I did over the last few months??? I mean, I knew it would be rather high, but almost 30%??? Ah well, I went to a calesthenics class this morning, which was incredibly exhausting and will do my circuit routine tomorrow night. I guess I just need to start all over again...
Old 09-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Hey MollySue, don't get discouraged. At least you love the gym and you know where you stand. How did they measure the body fat %?

It sounds like you are focusing a lot on cardio from the things you listed. maybe if you did some dedicated weight training, the percentage would drop as you build muscle. It's not starting over, it's refining what you're already doing...smarter, not harder. Hang in there!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker- you will get rid of that disney weight!!!

boradeb- dont let those numbers discourage you- keep working hard!!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Cassie, thank you SO MUCH for the encouraging words! Reading the number on the scale (they used a body fat meter, by the way) was quite an eye opener and I just hope that it will help me stay focused this time. It's true, I concentrated on cardio alot, however, my circuit training focuses on weight training, which I hope will help me drop that body fat. Off to the gym now!

Take care everyone!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 09/22/2010

Good morning, Wed Clubbers!

What have you got this week?

Best wishes,
Molly
Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Week #6

Woo Hoo For Me! Down 2 lbs.!!!!!!

Why? How? Because I've been logging my food, drinking my water and doing my C25K training faithfully!!!

All in all, even though the week to week is sometimes frustrating, now that I have a few weeks under my belt if I even out the loss it's a 1/2 lbs. a week. I know I can definitely lose more weekly, however, my weight is going down steadily and I'm not denying myself anything. So that makes this more of a lifestyle change and not a diet. I haven't denied myself anything and its working.

It truly is amazing what you can do once you are honest with yourself and face facts.

C25K is still progressing nicely - I just finished W5D2 this morning and still loving it. Friday is the 20 min run (send me good vibes). I was looking ahead and there are only 2 more days of intervals next week then they are all RUNS!! I am so psyched that I have come this far! Everyone that has done this was right - I have surprised myself and am so proud.

Can't wait to read everyone else's successes this week - the stories and seeing progress in black/white are what keep me going! Thank you everyone for being here each week.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

I need to get honest and face the facts- i have been to lax with my food!!!

i am up .2 pounds. Which is kinda good since i attended 3 parties this past week...and ate to much at each..

However i have been doing my C25K- i am seeing myself struggle with this... My 5k is a month away and i am only at 2 miles currently...

I WILL DO BETTER NEXT WEEK...I HAVE TO..

MY DEADLINE IS NEARING!!!!

6.8 pounds away.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies!

I am at 206.4, which I think, is down 2 1/2 pounds! Woohoo!
I think you have the right idea, if weight loss is to be sustainable, then it must be a lifestyle change and it must not feel like deprivation. Why is it that I used to think I would never get to eat chocolate again, so therefore, I would eat loads of it as if it were my final meal? (FWIW, chocolate would be my final meal if I had the choice) ummm also (FWIW, I hope I don't have that opportunity!)

Ok, onto dieting/exercise better living etc...

Way to go on the C25K I am impressed! I want to do that, but my brain doesn't want me to, or my aging body doesn't want me to do it. Maybe I should just shut the both of them up and do it anyway? I am a swimmer, but I don't usually lose much weight by swimming. I tone up, but little weight loss. Right now, my brain is telling me that I need to see weight loss. Running will do that.

Does anyone here lift weights? I am interested in trying it, but again, I stop myself every time. I have some knowledge of what to do, I am familiar with weights, but something stops me. Even though I know weight training is the true fountain of youth.

Book/website recommendations? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Until next week! Happy losing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.