The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 07-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Wed Club!

Congrats, Nessa and Kaitlin, on moving the scale on down this week! Nessa, I know exactly what you're talking about with the scale fluctuating; sometimes check in day is not well timed depending on what went into the mouth the days before. Kaitlin, nice job on sticking to plan...that's great with not one but 2 BBQs.

Jackie, Rose; I've been where you are, too, getting so puzzled by the plateaus when you're doing everything right. Sometimes your body just needs to catch up. Be patient, maybe change ratios or exercises, and give it time; you'll get past it, I promise

MollySue, thanks for starting us out every week! How are you doing?

I second the recommendation for C25K. I did it over the spring. I was always a kid who hated to run and was the slowest in P.E. I am still not fast, but at least I don't have to play sick on gym days anymore . Anyway, after I did the C25K I have just been running a 5K on the treadmill on my running days and stretched it to 3.25, then 3.33 miles. I usually put my towel over the distance and time and count out songs when I run. On Sunday I pulled off the towel and I had gone 4 miles! I know to most runners that's a baby step, but for me it was a big deal. So that was my big happy for the week .
Old 07-14-2010, 10:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tjkhoover
Well, I am a bit frustrated....I was down to 202 and every since that day I was up on the scale....my final weigh in was 204...it actually went as high as 207. I am thinking that some of it was water retention and hopefully muscle because I have been exercising faithfully on W1D2 of C25K and walk 3 miles every other day as well as holding my calories between 1200-1500 most days and on occasion I will have a 1800 to 2200 but that would be considered my maintenance calories on the high end....so what gives?
i shoot up 2 lbs or so when i have a "bad" 2000 calorie day. not because of the calories, but because it usually means extra sugar and salt in my body. for that, you body retains water in order to process it. have a few low sugar, low salt days and see if that solves the gain.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hi Wed Club!

I second the recommendation for C25K. I did it over the spring. I was always a kid who hated to run and was the slowest in P.E. I am still not fast, but at least I don't have to play sick on gym days anymore . Anyway, after I did the C25K I have just been running a 5K on the treadmill on my running days and stretched it to 3.25, then 3.33 miles. I usually put my towel over the distance and time and count out songs when I run. On Sunday I pulled off the towel and I had gone 4 miles! I know to most runners that's a baby step, but for me it was a big deal. So that was my big happy for the week .
that's a great idea! i get so obsessed with the distance and time!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Jackie, Rose; I've been where you are, too, getting so puzzled by the plateaus when you're doing everything right. Sometimes your body just needs to catch up. Be patient, maybe change ratios or exercises, and give it time; you'll get past it, I promise
Thanks Cassie! I feel better now that you have promised I'll get past this plateau. I just completed day 2 of week 7 in the c25k and I feel like I will bust through this plateau. I am trying very hard to not let it discourage me. In the past, I have always been so emotional and stressed out about plateaus but I really want this to be a lifestyle change this time around. I already feel different about this new weight loss journey because I am running and because of this support network. Your success is very encouraging to me!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

Sry I have not posted any words of wisdom or encouragement until now. But I was really trying this week to come back today with good news of my own. Seeing how everyone has done so well with not giving into the temptation of 2 BBQ in one weekend and even though we plateau know that it isn’t that you hit a wall you are just maintaining at your new weight and this is good.

As for me I have been stuck at 201 for about 2 weeks but it was just my body getting used to the new lighter me. Today when I got on the scale I was 198! I was very pleased to see the "1" in the front. So this week I have dropped 3 pounds and I am full of life today. When I started my journey with me being here in Africa and trying to run in the heat I would run 3 miles in 31:30 however, on more good news for my day or en"lighten"ment I ran my 3 miles in 23:28! I haven’t run that fast since 2006. I am overjoyed and I am glad that I can share with all of you.

Together we can reach our goals!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Frank! What an awesome accomplishment...two, actually

You are doing so well! I can almost "feel" your energy. Yep, plateaus really mess with your mind, but what a high when they finally end. Thanks for sharing; it's really motivating.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Oops sorry, I forgot to post this week. I did fairly well, dropped 5.5 pounds from one Wed to the next. Don't be too impressed however because most of that weight were pounds I packed on over the 4th of July weekend, when I ate and drank whatever I could get my hands on, and didn't exercise enough to get anywhere near break-even.

Goals for this next week are to clean this house, egads it's really bad!!! And to get that garden weeded. I know that doesn't really sound like a workout, but it will take me hours and I will be sweating about 15 minutes in to it.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:07 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 7/22/2010

Good morning, everyone!

It's this time of the week again! Here's the place to share your ups and downs, your highs and lows and everything else you want to be accountable for.

Have a great week, Wed Club!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:34 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

Since I didn't log in last week, I made it a priority today to sign in first thing in the morning. I'm doing ok. I'm far from being as strict as I was when I first started out, but I'm still focused. I generally watch what I eat (meaning I try to indulge in fruits, salads and vegetables and try to limit high-calorie food). I did have a few slip-ups (it seems I'm incacble to resist ice cream), but also managed to incorportate a couple of good workouts. However, my biggest achievement surely was that 75-mile-bike-ride I did a couple of weeks ago. Weightwise, I still fluctuate between 124 and 125.5. I know that if I want to lose more I need to be a bit stricter with myself, so hopefully I'll have a successful week coming up.

Take care,
Molly

Last edited by MollySue2; 07-20-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:12 PM
FitDay Member

wow, Molly! 75 miles!!! That's an awesome accomplishment! I've never cycled that far before!

Ugh. The scale told me I was 191.8. Two days ago I was 190.5lbs with a quick hint of 189 before it settled, so I thought I'd make my goal of 189-190. I've been eating well and exercising like mad. I'm hoping it's water retention because my muscles are really really sore from this class I took two days ago still. I believe I read somewhere that muscles hold on to water to repair themselves?

I still want to be 189 or 188 by Friday, but unless it really is water and it decides to leave soon, that's not going to happen

oh, right. So, depending on which weight I want to go with, I've either lost .2 or 1.5lbs. I wanted to lose 3, but I would have been very happy with 2...

Last edited by NessaSonic; 07-20-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: adding weight lost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.