Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 07-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for that, Rose . I really needed it today. Sometimes being in maintenance is definitely not as reinforcing as watching the scale go down every day and today is one of those days. Your post put me back in perspective. Keep up the good work yourself .

Have a wonderful Friday, Wednesday Club! Go strong into the weekend!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

I had a rough week. One the first of July I fell off a trampoline and landed on my back, cracking a rib. It's painful and I haven't been able to exercise the way I was before. I had just finished the Couch to 5K program and was running regularly 30 minutes, three times every week. I was starting to work on increasing my speed and had plans to increase my running time as well, so you can imagine how upset I am that I can't run right now. In the four days after the fall, I ate whatever I wanted, including fast food one night for supper. I was feeling quite sorry for myself. After the four days though, I wanted to go back to recording my intake and finding alternate ways to exercise. I'm walking a lot now until I can run again, and somehow I'm only .2 lbs up from where I was last week.

This process is a long one for me. Every week I have some sort of struggle but somehow I get through it. I think the key is not giving up every time you slip up. I slip up a lot, but every time I realize that one slip up doesn't have to have lasting consequences.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:50 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 7/14/10

It's this time of the week again! What have you got?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 PM
FitDay Member

ergh. I am going to go with what I weighed earlier this week since I ate all of the sodium and the sugar in the world yesterday and am probably retaining an ocean in my body right now. Earlier I was 192- so 2 more pounds down. I think I'm really believing in those "set points" I've read about on these boards because the 200's were hell to get under and the 190's are flying by! I Will lose 3 lbs in the next 10 days so I can say I've lost over 45 (46. lol) lbs to all of my family the weekend after next! I NEED to cut out simple sugar from my diet again starting today. it's how I started this successful journey, and how I'm going to keep it going. Also, I need some low sodium days because two days in a row I've been consuming 3000mg!!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

Hey guys!

Nessa- i'm sure you will get you goal reached before you see you family- when you work out or dont pick up that donut just think how good it will feel to say "i've lost over 45 lbs.."

As for myself i am curently at 209.4! last week i believe i was at 212.something when i checked in with you guys! It feels so good to be under that 210 mark, and now i just need to focus on getting under the 200 marker, which will be hard. i have really focused on eating correctly and i stuck with it through the weekend - even though it was so hard with the 2 BBQs i attended!

Well over and out!
talk with you all again in a week and when i am lighter

xo
Kaitlin
Old 07-14-2010, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I am a bit frustrated....I was down to 202 and every since that day I was up on the scale....my final weigh in was 204...it actually went as high as 207. I am thinking that some of it was water retention and hopefully muscle because I have been exercising faithfully on W1D2 of C25K and walk 3 miles every other day as well as holding my calories between 1200-1500 most days and on occasion I will have a 1800 to 2200 but that would be considered my maintenance calories on the high end....so what gives?
Old 07-14-2010, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Jackie I totally understand your frustration! This week I stayed the same, despite having exercised 6 times throughout the week alternating between the Couch to 5k program and the 30 Day Shred. I also ate between 1500-1600 calories this past week, only going up to 1800 once and 2050 on another day. I also keep my ratio 30-35% protein, 40% carbs and 25-30% healthy fats.

That said, I am still very happy with the changes in my body. I may not have had the satisfaction of seeing the scale go down this week but I certainly am noticing continuing improvements in my fitness level and my body shape. My stomach is smaller, my thighs are firmer, my arms look better and I feel really good! I ran for 25 minutes continuously for the first time this week and I feel really proud of that.

I am 100% positive that if I just keep moving forward, and keep up with my exercise and healthy eating, I will reach my goal! Same goes for all of us, Wed Club members!

Kaitlin congratulations on your weight loss!!

Nessasonic, I am sure you will be able to say you lost over 45 pounds. That is just amazing. I really can't wait to be able to say that myself. Very Inspiring!

Have a great day, Everyone!!
Rose
Old 07-14-2010, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

What is this "couch to 5k" program?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
What is this "couch to 5k" program?
Kaitlin the Couch to 5k program is a running program for true beginners. It's 9 weeks long and starts you off in short intervals that gradually build up until you are finally able to run for a full 30 minutes continuously. Here is a link to the program Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

I never imagined myself a runner but I am up to week 7 of the 9-week program and I can't even tell you how much I enjoy it and what a sense of accomplishment I feel for having made it this far. I highly recommend it!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Kaitlin...if you are at all interested in jogging this is an amazing program. It truly is what it says, I have heard of it taking people a little bit longer than 9 weeks because they have had to repeat a week or two but other than that....I can't say enough about it. This is my second time only because I stopped but I was running 25 minutes and my weight was up there around 225 when I started...I was using a treadmill then but now I have hit the road and so far so good.

Great job everyone...I know that we just need to keep going and we will all meet our goals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.