The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

as always, it's great to hear how everyone is doing!
Ever since I went away travelling I have stopped counting my calories. I do watch my portion size and what I put into my mouth in general, but I def need to refocus, since it gave me a feeling of being in control. Oh, and I tend to lose focus (to put it nicely) when I'm invited to a BBQ. And since there were three BBQs to attend this past week I gained 1 pound Not that I'm surprised!!

Rose, congrats on that pound lost. It sounds like you are doing great!

nessa , you are making a good point. I sometimes dread the scales, even though I can FEEL a change.

Avelina, 3 pounds down is amazing!

HayleeDee - nice start! Seems like you are on the right track!

Welcome, Weselpower, glad to have you with us.

Alice, congrats to you as well! Please don't worry about starting a second threat! Since I'm German I'm a few hours ahead of pretty much everyone else on the Wed Club (apart from Frank probably), so I'm usually the first one online to do it. I didn't realize you had already started a thread.

Last edited by MollySue2; 06-30-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

Hey MollySue, we all have those "learning experiences!" I think you are doing great, and sometimes we just need to say, "Okay, I'm just going to maintain today [or this week, or whatever]." Situations like BBQs are tough because you want to stay on plan but if you do you run the risk of feeling cranky and like life is unfair because everybody else is eating what they want and you "can't." I'm a big fan of everything in moderation, and every once in a while, but there are two different schools of thought and I completely understand the people who don't even consider giving in a little because it starts the avalanche.

Congrats on working for that Ph.D. Long hard road, but it is def worth it!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone I am sorry to say that I was not able to fix my computers SD card reader port but I will have it for next week for sure. So the reult of that is no pictures. However, on a plus side I have lost (please dont ask me how because I have no idea how I did it) 6 pounds this week . I have a small idea of how I did it. I had recalculated my calorie intake. I was taking in the same amount of calories as when I started out at 222. I think that is whyI didnt lose anything last week but once I droped the calories again to fit my new WT it seems the pounds just melted off. That was the only thing I changed. I still exercise 2 or 3 times a day so my burn is the same.

I am super excited about this drop.

As for all this talk about BBQ.......mmmmmmmm BBQ I would say enjoy them but be careful of the amounts of sause you put on the chicken or ribs or what ever is being prepared. Chicken is a good source of protine and so is meat but it is the sause or different rubbs that get put on the food that can kill the diet. Just keet a mindful eye on the food and just dont go overboard but know that you have worked hard for where you are and dont do eat so much that you will hate yourself the next day! An extra mile run is the only thing that is waiting for you if you end up hating yourself.

TOGETHER WE CAN REACH OUT GOALS!!!

Frank
Old 07-01-2010, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Wow Frank! 6 pounds in one week! That is amazing. I can barely lose 6 pounds in a month. Congratulations! It's very exciting and you should be proud. You have made so many healthy changes in your lifestyle. It's very inspiring.

I am excited too. People are starting to notice my weight loss and I have only lost 7 and a half pounds but this time is very different. In the past, I have had to lose much more weight to get the same results I have currently achieved in my body. I credit these changes to the amount of exercise I am doing. Running 3 times a week plus doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred 3 times a week and then a long distance powerwalk on Sunday mornings. I have also been cycling to places where I otherwise would have taken my car and brought my dog on more walks. It's been an active Spring and Summer for me and I feel really great. My only problem is sleep. I can't seem to sleep more than a few hours in a row. I keep waking up although this is slowly improving as well.

This is defnitely the first time in my life that I have embarked on a weight loss program with the help of an on-line forum like this one. I have a very good feeling about this! I think that this form of support goes a long long way to keeping the motivation up and sharing advice is so valuable! When one of us hits a plateau or has a gain, the rest of us are here to keep to get the person back on track!

I gotta say I love our Wed Club! MollySue, thanks again for starting the group. We are growing every week. It's so great! Also, congratulations on going for your Ph.D. I think that is really admirable. Don't worry about your BBQ's! We're here to support you and I know you'll be back on track this week.

That said, I have a tough weekend ahead... too many meals in restaurants. I have a dinner tonight at a sushi restaurant, so hopefully I can make healthy choices. Then tomorrow I have a birthday brunch at a restaurant that I know has NO healthy choices. The breakfasts are all super rich and fatty. I will have to work out extra hard on Saturday! Then Sunday I have another dinner... oh boy, this is going to be a challenge!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Frank, your post reminded me...if you are the one doing the BBQ, or just for a family dinner, you can trim a lot of calories by using a dry rub instead of a sauce. We do one that is a mixture of kosher salt, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne and a couple other things. There are several of them out there; just Google "dry rub" or "dry rub for meat" or check a recipe site. No calories, the flavor is amazing, and somehow they keep the meat even more moist than using a sauce. The only down side is the salt, but otherwise it's great to use on beef, chicken, pork, fish...anything you would put on the grill.

Great job, all of you, on your big changes this week!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Frank, 6 pounds in one week is REALLY impressive - good job!!

This past week, I went walking through the forrests every second day with a friend of mine. Yesterday, we decided to jog instead. I just needed to know if I was still able to do it, so imagine my disappointment when I had to admit that my back pain was getting worse by the minute. I did fine during the first half of the jog, and, physically, I could have kept going, but my back refused to play along.

I talked to a physiotherapist this afternoon and he strongly advised me NOT to jog at all. What a step back! I really wanted change up my routine, especially since cycling has become such a habit ever since my car broke down (but that's another story...). Well, I'm just a bit bumped right now...
Old 07-06-2010, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 7/7/10

Good morning, Wed Club!

We are all about accountability, so this is the place to share your past week's successes, slip-ups, downfalls, U-turns, learning experiences, feelings...

Hope, you all have a great week coming up!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 PM
FitDay Member

Checking in!

Down 2.2 pounds from last wednesday. that makes for a total of 7.4 since June 24. so that's an average of 3.7 pounds a week. I don't care if its "water weight" or not, its pounds that are gone FOREVER in my mind!

As for inches, I lost 5 inches total since last wednesday. That's a total of 9.75 inches since June 24, lost 3.5 in hips alone this week!!!!!! Man I tell you what, those inches lost are motivating me more than anything that scale could ever tell me!

I am walking/jogging 1-2 miles a day at the track as well as running the bleachers at the high school. Sometimes I do hip-hop ab's and windsor pilates. I also got the p90x ab ripper x, slim in 6, and jillian michael's 30 day shred that I am starting tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:25 PM
FitDay Member

I am 4lbs down from last week! I think my not losing any last week was due to water retention from my period. So now I have lost a grand total of 41lbs! I want to really push myself in the next couple of weeks because I will be seeing some friends and family then that I haven't seen in a while and none of them know that I've been seriously losing weight. teehee
Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

Talking why tape measure is better than scale

To All,
As told from last week here are my before and after pics after one month of working to lose the weight. There is a total of about 20 pounds difference from the picture taken in May and the one taken in June. Odviously the "Bigger" me was from May and the "smaller" me is from June.

front(May).jpg front(June).jpg

right(May).jpg right(June).jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.