The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 05-25-2010, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Good morning everyone!

Welcome to our first weekly check-in!!! I thought I might as well open our first thread and name it, as was suggested on the other thread, "Wed Club". Hope you all like it!

So jump on and check in with the group and post whatever info you want to be accountable for and want to share with others...weight, measurements, goals, exercises you've tried, your fitness regimen, your successes, hiccups and downfalls, how you stay motivated...it's up to you what to share about how your week went. No membership required...we can all benefit from everyone's experience! Hope everyone is off to a great week!

Best wishes, Molly
Old 05-25-2010, 07:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hello my name is fourank, and I'm a weightlossaholic. I just started the weight loss by exercising once a day but I have been doing this for just over a week and I am up to 2 or sometimes 3 exercise sessions a day. This is becoming like an addiction. I have even incoperated some of my friends to join along in my addiction. That is why I am here. I need help.....TO KEEP IT GOING WWWWOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fourank
Hello my name is fourank, and I'm a weightlossaholic. I just started the weight loss by exercising once a day but I have been doing this for just over a week and I am up to 2 or sometimes 3 exercise sessions a day. This is becoming like an addiction. I have even incoperated some of my friends to join along in my addiction. That is why I am here. I need help.....TO KEEP IT GOING WWWWOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Wow, Fourank, that is impressive!! How long do you workout for? Do you switch between different workouts a lot? I found that I become bored quite easily, so I try to mix it up. I "only" workout 3-4 times a week (quite a quantum jump for me anyway!), usually for 60 minutes and switch between biking, swimming and Zumba. I would love to jog, but can't right now, since I suffer from Spondylolisthesis.

Last edited by MollySue2; 05-25-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MollySue2
Wow, Fourank, that is impressive!! How long do you workout for? Do you switch betwenn different workouts a lot? I found that I become bored quite easily, so I try to mix it up. I "only" workout 3-4 times a week (quite a quantum jump for me anyway!), usually for 60 minutes and switch between biking, swimming and Zumba. I would love to jog, but can't right now, since I suffer from Spondylolisthesis.
everyone of my work outs last anywhere from 30min to 2 hours. depending on how much time I have available. I know that not everyone has the free time like I have but I am currently deployed so time is something that I do have. So I fill it with the gym and the running track. when I go to the gym I will always do cardio at least an hour swiching between machines like 20 min each of treadmill/bike/elliptical. Then I will do some light weight training. 5 sets with 15 to 20 reps each. I will start with chest and work my way all the way down the body. I also do step aerobics and cardio kickboxing. Today I am going to give yoga a chance and see where I go from there.

I won't lie I had to look up what it is the you suffer from. I am sorry to hear that this ailes you. Try to do pilaties that doesnt seem to stressful I know it hurts but I dont know how much range of motion you have.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fourank

I won't lie I had to look up what it is the you suffer from. I am sorry to hear that this ailes you. Try to do pilaties that doesnt seem to stressful I know it hurts but I dont know how much range of motion you have.
I had to look it up myself after my doctor had told me. I'm actually pretty good motionwise and I found that swimming and biking are great devices to reduce the pain (the diagnosis is actually the root of my weight loss journey), I just need to be careful with workouts that draw on the spine. Unfortunately, running puts too much pressure on the intervertrebral discs, just like rock-climbing - both activities that I loved to do.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MollySue2
I had to look it up myself after my doctor had told me. I'm actually pretty good motionwise and I found that swimming and biking are great devices to reduce the pain (the diagnosis is actually the root of my weight loss journey), I just need to be careful with workouts that draw on the spine. Unfortunately, running puts too much pressure on the intervertrebral discs, just like rock-climbing - both activities that I loved to do.
What about walking? I will walk most nights before I go to bed. I will travel about 4 miles in an hour.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, yeah, I forgot about walking!Walking was the one exercise I started doing when my back pain was at its worst and when I was literally too sleep-deprived to even consider more strenuous activities. I now walk up to 5 hours per week. It's actually great to see this progress written down - I was in sheer agony by the beginning of April and am doing pretty well now - without ever taking a single painkiller, all thanks to exercise!

Last edited by MollySue2; 05-26-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

I'm 207.5lbs now. Almost 27 down for my start at 235. I really wanted to be under 200 by now, but I am so glad that I'm not still over 210, or220, or 230 for that matter!

I'm working in maintaining as much muscle mass as possible while burning off the fat- so far I've retained all of my 150lbs of lean muscle- so that is all fat I've lost, which is another great accomplishment I need to keep in mind for myself when I'm feeling low about my weight.

I'm starting to walk/jog (mostly jog- I'm up to two minutes jogging interval-ed with one minute walking) 5k a couple times a week since I really want to become a runner in the future. I know it will get easier once I get more fat off my joints and lungs, so I just have to keep at it. Even though my times are slow, I've gone from 43.5 min. 5k to 41minute 5k. I hope to bring that down to 30 minute 5k in the far far distant and thinner future.

I'm going to Florida for a quick vacation to see family tomorrow, so my goal is to keep finding ways to exercise, eat right, and keep losing. Next month I want to make it a 10lb month even though this month was only 7lbs. I also want to get my waist measurement below 35 inches. right now it's at 35.5. I'd love to see 34 by the end of the month.

any advice on the inch loss?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I am excited...weighed myself and have lost 3 lbs. My actual weigh-in isn't for another couple of days but I am still excited. My goal is 2 lbs. a week and I met it.....yahoo!

I have been doing Zumba, walking approximately 3 miles, using the Total Gym for strength training, and now I am going to start doing the C25K instead of the walking because I liked it so much....the only difference is that I will be outside now and not on the treadmill. I am hopeful.

Right now I am working on changing my mindset as well. Seems like that is half the battle. I want to learn to enjoy the journey and the exercise so that I will have success for life. So if that means I have to change it up once in a while to meet my ever changing boredom so be it.

You guys are doing great!

Glad you took the liberty of starting the Wednesday Club...I knew right away it was for us...
Old 05-26-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hi

Well... I currently weigh 156 lbs, which is 9 lbs less than what I weighed in March. 5 of that 9 pound weight loss was from changing my eating habits, using portion control and starting to walk an hour a day. The other 4 was from being the graceful person that I am and tripping over my own two feet...obtaining a shoulder/back injury that had me in so much pain that I didn't leave my heating pad to even eat. I think that I lived on ibuprofen and ice water. I've currently got 2 more weeks to go before I'm done with physical therapy.

I used to walk 5 miles a day...sigh...then my poor/lack of knee cartiledge started causing me too much pain and I quit for a while....Then I just got plain LAZY and fatter.

It's been about 5 years since I've walked at all. That's why right now I'm concentrating more on actually just walking at a brisk pace for an hour instead of worrying about how far I'm walking. Figure it's much better than just being a couch potato...lol

Heart disease runs in my family...and I have a problem with my immune system that requires me to take medication every day that actually causes high triglicerides. Guess I just can't win for losing...but, I consider myself blessed to be alive.

Walking is about the only exercise that I can do. I'm just too poor to join a gym or buy any exercise equipment. I do have a VERY OLD Weslo arcskier plus that I use on days that it is rainy.

Guess my goal is to lose another 11 pounds, so that I can be slightly healthier.

I hope everyone has wonderful luck with their exercise and weight loss plans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.