The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 10/06/2010

Good morning, Wed Clubbers!

How did your week go? Here's the place to share your successes, hiccups and downfalls!

Have a great week,
Molly
Old 10-05-2010, 08:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all!

I returned from a short trip to the Netherlands and a quick visit to my parents a couple of days ago and one of the things I realized is that I do not handle deviation from my routine very well.
I eat clean (most of the time), I work out, I try to log my food - everything's alright as long as I can follow a set routine. But as soon as I'm away I let all my good habits slip. I took my running shoes to the house we shared in Holland and guess how often I worked out? Zero! And it wasn't even lack of time, it just wasn't quite so convinient. I ate like crazy and was almost relieved when I weighted in at 129 this morning.

My four-week-gym membership expires next week, so I had a talk with my trainer yesterday about prices and the possibility of actually signing up on a proper membership. If my three friends join in as well, we'll get a "group discount" which would suit me just fine. I know that a regular weight lifting routine is just what I need to properly sculp my body, get some stability for my back (which has been pretty much painfree for weeks! woohoo!) and reduce that body fat.

Hope you are all off to a great day!

Molly
Old 10-05-2010, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thrilled!

Good morning Wed Clubbers!

I am absolutely thrilled to report that I have gotten back in the swing of things this past week. As you all know I was pretty devastated to learn that I had gained 5 pounds during my 3-week trip to Italy. Well, I don't think I actually did gain 5 pounds of fat since this past week I have dropped 4 of those pounds so there was probably some water retention going on. I am back into my running and yesterday was able to do 31 minutes so almost back to my pre-holiday fitness level.

Molly, I totally understand what you are saying. I too lugged my running shoes around with me all over Italy and I worked out zero times as well. It really isn't easy when you are traveling to fit in a workout even if you have the time. It's because nothing is familiar. For me, it was such a challenging to plot a route for a run and I didn't feel too comfortable about running through Italy. Aside from in Venice, I didn't see any runners there.

The breaking of the routine is definitely the toughest part of this whole weight loss process. I have always had trouble with that. In the past whenever I would abandon a weight loss process, it was always following those critical points, either Christmas or a vacation. This time, I was able to get back on track and I think the big difference is support! Having the members of Fitday there for me has made all the difference. It held me accountable and here I am.

Thank you all! Your stories, your experiences, your successes, the advice we share, just knowing we are all in the same boat is such an amazing help! This is a valuable tool and I believe it can make the difference between giving up and going the distance. Good luck, Everyone!

Have a fabulous Wednesday!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 10-05-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Ladies,

It sounds like we al recently had little vacations that set us back..mine was last weekend..ended up weighing in monday at 200..which was a let down..today i weighed in at 198.

i have 8 pounds to loose before my goal of halloween...starting to question if that can happen...

I keep saying to myself i need to get back on track, but just cant..

HELP!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Hi all,

I am in the same boat; still recovering from vacation, and I am horrible if the routine changes! And then I get the, oh well, who cares attitude and go hog wild.

I had a pretty good week last week, though, with one slip (small) Thursday and one landslide on Saturday. Back on track now and hoping to stay. I did hurt some muscles in my back somehow on Sunday, though, so I skipped a workout last night and turned Monday's run into a brisk walk. Gonna give it a while before weighing in since I feel like I'm on the edge of looking for any and all excuses to stuff something else in my mouth. I know what works; I just need to make myself do it.

Glad to hear some of the pounds disappeared, Rose. It's all a lesson to be patient with ourselves. MollySue, you've got a great plan together. I'm sure it will get you results.

Kaitlin, what have you done in the past that works? What doesn't? Maybe focusing on that will help you come up with a plan. For example, when I'm in the Danger Zone (what I call it when willpower disappears and I've been off track), I log all my food in before the day, so I know what I have to eat and when it's done it's done and all the guesswork is out of it. Take a look back at your journey and pull together a "first aid" kid for times when you get frustrated...all the tools that work for you personally. Does the Halloween goal motivate you or frustrate you? Would it help if you just told yourself, I am going to eat well today, and worry about tomorrow tomorrow? Can you find a small reward for making it through the day (even if it's just 30 minutes to yourself with guilty pleasure TV or a book)? Just trying to think out loud here.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Week #8

Morning Girls,

8 weeks into it and Im still only down 2 lbs. - can you say SSLLLOOOOWWWW? LOL

C25K is still on track - W7D2 done! I've made my own podcast for this week and am getting songs together for the next 2 weeks. Also working on a plan on where to go once I complete week 9.

My weight is not moving but I am starting to lose inches and it's all runs now so the calorie burn is steadily going up. I think I've been so focused on completing C25K and getting to the "running" segments that I haven't been as focused on food as I should be.

LESSON: You won't lose weight by exercise alone

It's not that I "can't" do it (watch the food), it's that I hate knowing that I HAVE to do it. Oh well, everything has a price.....I will find my happy balance. To be honest, I'm impressed with myself that I've been sticking to it for 8 weeks and haven't thrown in the towel because of the scale. I am not on a diet, I am CHANGING MY HABITS and that takes time and effort and I'm constantly learning and tweeking. Yes it's slow, but it's all becoming permanent!!!!

Now that everyone's vacations are over, lets get strong and back on track so we can kick those holiday temptations to the curb!

Have a GREAT week everyone!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Kaitlin, I agree with Cassie. Maybe 8 pounds by Halloween is a bit too tall an order. You have 3 weeks until then so perhaps lower the goal to 5 pounds. I wouldn't want you to not reach your goal and then get discouraged. Here's what I learned from my vacation detour. It's OKAY! What the detour really means is that you had a vacation from your weight loss journey but it doesn't mean you won't get to where you want to go! Think of this as a road trip. If you set out to drive from New York City to Seattle and you made a wrong turn somewhere so it added an hour to your drive, would you cancel your trip and turn around and go home? No, you'd probably not care that much once you got to Seattle and had a fun time right? Well it's the same for our vacations this summer. In the end it might take me 8 months instead of 7 months to reach my goal weight. What is one month in a lifetime? Isn't it worth it to keep going? Of course it is and we can all learn from this experience. It's okay to get sidetracked as long as we reset and keep moving in the right direction.

Deb, I think it is so amazing that you are on Week 7 of the C25K!!!!! Way to go! I am just getting back on track with the running. This morning I was able to go 23 minutes without stopping. Then I did another interval of 12 more minutes so 35 in total. I'm close to getting back to where I was pre-vacation. Isn't it an awesome feeling when you finish a run? I am so glad you are enjoying it!!! And don't let the scale get you down. There is a HUGE difference in your body when you are in shape compared to when you are not. I wear a smaller size than I do last time I was at this weight and it's because of the exercise. You're right weight loss is not all about exercise but in my opinion it is 50% of it. Just keep going, log all your food, stay patient and you will see everything fall into place.

Cassie, as usual you have such amazing advice to share. I am really sorry to hear about your back injury though! I hope you feel better. You seem to have the right approach though. Forget the scale until you feel like getting back on. You are our beacon in this club. What you have accomplished is inspiring and that quote of yours is literally a mantra for me.

Have a happy Thursday, Everyone!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I'm late getting to posting, I did weigh in on Wednesday, sadly, I'm up. 208.5. I said sadly, but it is deservedly mine. I completely forgot that I was on a diet. Which is a recurring pattern of mine, I am determined to break this pattern though!

I am a college student and I have a break in classes this week. Aside from some homework, I don't have to go to school, which will allow me to focus (for one week) on me.

Well enough about me, did I tell you all that I bought my bike? Woohoo! Now I can ride, ride, ride! I rode it a few times this week, when it wasn't raining. Which was for about an hour per day. It's not a triathlete type bike, more like a kick around town bike, but I love it.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:49 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 10/13/2010

Good morning Wed Clubbers*!

How did your week go? ? ? ?

Have a fantastic day!
Molly

*No membeship required ; newbies are always welcome!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning Wed Clubbers,

Well this morning I was a little disappointed. Last week I had a 4-pound loss which was incredibly exciting but today's weigh-in was slightly underwhelming with a 1.4 pound loss. It's still a loss but 1.4 seems a quite measly after my week of intense workouts and eating clean.

Intellectually I know that I have to keep looking ahead at the big picture and that this process will take as long as it needs to and that I just need to stay focused on moving in a positive direction. But emotionally there was a great anticipation for me this morning as I was almost positive I'd be reporting that I had lost a total of 20 pounds, instead I have a total of 19.6 which is kind of annoying. Less than half a pound away from the 20-pound milestone, feels like I ran with all my might to catch a train and just when I got there, the doors closed right in my face, leaving me standing on the platform wishing I had gotten there just 1 second sooner. Oh well! I guess there's always another train, or in this case another weigh-in. I will reach that 20-pound milestone!

I am doing what I can and the payoff may not be exactly what I had in mind every time, but some weeks I'll be pleasantly surprised and the weeks I'm not will have to be about learning to accept the unexpected and keep moving forward! Let this week be a lesson for me.

I'm still happy with my overall progression! I am back to running a full 5k without stopping and I love it!

Have an awesome Wednesday, Wed Clubbers!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 10-13-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.