Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 8/3/10

Good morning Wed Club,

How did your week go?

Here's to accountability and perseverance!

Best wishes,
Molly
Old 08-03-2010, 08:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Molly, welcome back! I was wondering about you.
I could tell So, thanks for that! Being accountable not only to myself but to this group as well was a huge motivator for not giving up.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hello gang!

I have great news to report- i am running/jogging 9 minutes and almost making it a mile!
Currently at .8 now! also i weighed in yesterday at 204.8! (however i am at my parents house this morning and weighed myself on there scale and it read 203- but i am going to stick with my scale reading).

i hope everyone else met their week goals!

ps. it may take me a day or so to respond to everyones blurbs because i am on the way to the hospital- my twin sister just went into labor!

over and out
Old 08-04-2010, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Reached my mini goal early!

Good morning Everyone!

I am thrilled to report that I reached my mini goal of making it to 185 by August 10th TODAY! Yay! I am really happy about that! This is a great day so far.

I am also going out to do the last run in my Couch To 5K program this morning! I can hardly believe that I accomplished this goal but if I can do it anyone can! I feel really good about it. I have more energy than I have had in such a very long time and I sleep well at night. Thank you all for the weekly motivation and support.

Molly, thanks for posting so diligently every week. I hope you had a great week yourself!

Kaitlin, congratulations on running for 9 minutes. Doesn't it feel amazing? You are doing really well! And a big CONGRATS on becoming an auntie! Keep us posted!

Happy Wednsesday, Everyone!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

You're welcome, Molly. I think it is great that you never gave up coming here every Wednesday morning and posting our Wed Club thread. I'm happy to hear you are so motivated!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

My week started great: I did a combined 90-min-workout on Monday (45 minutes of biking + 45 minutes of jogging) and a nice 30-min bike ride yesterday. I'm planning to squeeze in another quick jog today, which I'm especially looking forward to, since only a few weeks ago it didn't look like I was able to jog again any time soon. I have an appointment with my orthopaedic surgeon in a couple of weeks to discuss my fitness regimen and I hope that he will approve of my running ambitions.

Anyways, I will set off to Austria first thing tomorrow morning to enjoy a little holiday in semi-wilderness and since I'm not sure that I will have access to the internet I would suggest that someone else starts next week's check-in thread.

Hope you all had a great week and am looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Rose, have a fantastic trip through Italy!!! Italy is one of my favourite travel destinations and I'm sure you'll LOVE it! If you haven't planned your route yet: Florence, Siena and Perugia are beautiful Tuscan and Umbrian cities and are well worth a visit. If you make it to Rome I recommend you spend one evening at the Spanish Steps at the Piazza di Spagna. It's such a great place to mingle with Italians and has simply a really nice vibe to it. Enjoy yourself!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Kaitlin and Rose, you must have posted while I was still writing my entry...

So glad to hear you are both doing so great!

Kaitlin, if you keep going that way you'll hit that 5k in no time And congrats on becoming an aunt, I'm sure you are excited!

Rose, it's awesome to see how you progress! I remember when we first started our little club how bumped you were over your slow weight loss and now look at you: you hit your first goal early!! Congrats!!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Kaitlin and Rose, great accomplishments on the running! Rose...enjoy that sense of accomplishment; you've earned it Best wishes to you and your family, Kaitlin. Let us know how it goes. Happy times, for sure!

MollySue, hope you enjoy your trip. Your workout was a great way to start the week.

I had a dismal week since last Wednesday. I did well the prior week at the House 'O Schizophrenic Food...kept out of my mom's junk food and stayed with my sister's healthy stuff, but once we got to the beach, all bets were off. I came back five pounds heavier but seeing as how we were only there for five days, it doesn't seem mathematically possible, so I'm waiting a bit to see what shakes out, but going back to eating very clean. I can't quite figure it out; my body fat percentage on my scale stayed the same but my weight went up, so there's probably lots of readjusting going on. Admittedly, I did eat poorly and skipped three workouts. I had planned to splurge a little but I seemed to fall into the panic that "I will never get these foods again" that I found it necessary to eat as many no-no's as I could. So I'm back to running a deficit instead of maintenance and we'll see where that takes me for the next week. Nothing severe enough that my clothes don't fit, but I sure don't feel like I'm used to feeling. I did it before; I can do it again, and I plan to!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies!

First success, posting on Wednesday instead of Thursday! Woohoo! Second success, I am down one pound to 209! Woohoo!

Kaitlin, Congratulations on becoming an aunt! I love babies.
Rose, Italy! Awesome! I have always wanted to go, well, anywhere really! Enjoy! Don't go all "Eat, Pray, Love" on yourself and eat your way through it though! I suspect the eating could be countered by the walking and touristing, no?

I had an average week. I started out strong, but pittered by the weekend, and grappled from Monday through today. Now I will be renewed by reading about all of your successes and my success and hopefully power through this weekend!

My dh is away this week, so getting time to workout is not happening. However, that is my own fault, I could workout at home, but I haven't. Must change that.

I am impressed with the Cto5K success too! Running for 9 minutes seems impossible, but I have witnessed this program work for countless friends, why do I resist? I actually need that aerobics instructor screaming directives at me, I guess!

During the school year I swim laps, 1700 yards 3-4 days per week. My body (and mind!) are sorely missing my swim workouts! I also do a cardio kickboxing class twice a week where, I am sure, the instructor is trying to kill me. I've been doing this class since 2009 and it never gets easier. She seems like such a nice person, but then she tries to kill me. Weight training is in my future, as soon as I find a program that I like.

Have a lovely week everyone and see you next week!
Missfitt42

P.S. I am assuming all of you are ladies, please accept my apologies if you are not!

Last edited by missfitt42; 08-04-2010 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Adding a post script
Old 08-04-2010, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all,
I am new, may I join a Wednesday check in club?
I just started eating clean again on Sunday, I'm approaching my 39th birthday on Sept 6 and want to start my 40th year feeling great. Today I did a quick but intense cardio at the gym on the stairclimber and then about 40 minutes of weights, mostly upper body.

I have small kids, and they were at a summer camp, but usually I like to work out in the morning so it is all over with before breakfast. So my goal is to get back into that next week since summer camp won't last forever!

Anyway, glad to be here.
Anne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.