FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Looking for an exercise accountability partner!!! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/1104-looking-exercise-accountability-partner.html)

subrina1025 05-19-2010 10:09 PM

Looking for an exercise accountability partner!!!

I am looking for someone who'd like to be my exercise accountability partner. I just think it will be easier to stay on track and reach my goals if I had someone to do it with! Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Subrina

MollySue2 05-20-2010 01:24 AM

Hi Subrina,

I think this is a fantastic idea, so I'd love to be your accountability partner! :)

anderson02 05-20-2010 04:59 AM

Count me in too! What are your goals? You probably need to establish those so you have something to hold yourself to.

I am already exercising regularly (treadmill) but my goal is to add in more strength training. Specifically I have a lower body workout comprised of lunges that I am trying to get all the through. I do as much as I can without debilitating soreness and then add a bit more each week. The workout in all is probably 40 minutes. It's actually from an old VHS Buns of Steel tape that I just wrote down the steps and repetitions from (I found it difficult to maintain good form at the pace of the video). I am maybe 25%-30% into it now and would like to get to where I can complete 100% of it most days of the week.

mandyspaulding 05-23-2010 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by subrina1025 (Post 11282)
I am looking for someone who'd like to be my exercise accountability partner. I just think it will be easier to stay on track and reach my goals if I had someone to do it with! Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Subrina

Subrina - and all - I am game! I have been working out since January and eating more consciously - down 40 lbs. About 40 more to go.

My workouts consist of elliptical, and weights machines/resistance training. I try to do at least 35 minutes of cardio every day no matter what (maybe one day off a week) and right now - due to a recent lull, weights at least 3x a week, 4 wouldn't be bad.

I want to challenge myself and start doing yoga and/or pilates... but am nervous.

So how do we do this accountability thing? I am new to the message boards, is there a way to keep track of this thread?

tjkhoover 05-24-2010 11:45 AM

Hi Subrina and Mandy...my name is Jackie. I would definitely love to be an accountability partner. I am on here almost daily anyhow to track my food and it is so good to have someone to work with. I am new to this site so I do not know how we would communicate effectively...meet on forums? Such a newbie...LOL Just let me know what works the best.

Anyhow, I am 212 lbs. and my goal is to lose between 62 and 75 lbs. I have done the C25K (couch potato to 5K run) and after reaching W7 I pittered out and got bored. Now I am doing Zumba and love it, as well as walking and some mild weight training. I seem to need to mix things up but now that I have realized that I want to have accountability as far as doing it regularly and staying consistent along with making some new friends.

So...tell me about yourselves and your goals.

Mandy...congrats on the weight loss!!!

MollySue2 05-25-2010 04:44 AM

Hi everyone!

How about a weekly check-up thread, on which we can log in to share what worked and what did not work over the past week?! How about a Wednesday check-in? I always work towards our weekly 5-15 pounders-weight-ins and I think having a shared thread to log onto really helps to stay focused. Just a thought...

tjkhoover 05-25-2010 05:27 AM

Hi Molly,

That thread sounds like a good idea. Let's do it.

mtlgirl 05-25-2010 06:40 AM

Hi Everyone, my name is Rose and I would love to be a part of this weekly check-in. I currently weigh 197 pounds and started the Couch To 5k program this morning. I also have a powerwalking group that meets twice a week. My goal is to lose 50 pounds overall but my first goal is to lose 12 pounds by August 3rd. I hope I can do it!

I would also like to add some strength training so if anyone has good tips on that, they are very welcome!

Good luck, Everyone!

tjkhoover 05-25-2010 09:23 AM

If you are eating right and doing C25K and powerwalking you will meet your goal of 12 lbs before August. Count it done. I lost 25 lbs. doing the C25K and I stopped after W7. Dumb....but now I am starting over and find that I can still run so I have improved fitness wise.

tjkhoover 05-25-2010 09:24 AM

Hey....what should we call this thread? Any ideas?

fourank 05-25-2010 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by tjkhoover (Post 11774)
Hey....what should we call this thread? Any ideas?

I'm in on the check ins. I have to lose 50 if not more in the next 6 months. that is my goal. I am currently 222 and want to be 175.

As for a name for this thread. how about.....The Wed club I have no clue but we do need something.

MollySue2 05-25-2010 07:07 PM

Hi everyone,

I've just started our first thread!! Check it out - I named it, as was suggested, "The Wed Club - Weekly check-In for 5/26/10". Hope you all like it!

Molly

mtlgirl 05-26-2010 02:07 AM

Thanks!

Originally Posted by tjkhoover (Post 11773)
If you are eating right and doing C25K and powerwalking you will meet your goal of 12 lbs before August. Count it done. I lost 25 lbs. doing the C25K and I stopped after W7. Dumb....but now I am starting over and find that I can still run so I have improved fitness wise.

Thank you so much for the encouragement! That is so amazing that you lost 25 pounds doing the C25K. This is my second time doing it actually. I started a couple of months ago and then stopped after week 2 so don't feel bad about going all the way to week 7. I think it's important to celebrate the victories.

I am doing day 2 of week 2 tomorrow and tonight is my powerwalking group. I am really motivated and soooooo glad to have found this thread. I have a very good feeling about this. :o

Go Wed Club!