Notices

Exercising and feeling sick

Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default Exercising and feeling sick

I started my 21 Day Fix program this morning shortly after waking up. I started out with the Total Body Cardio, which is a 30 minute workout. After a little less than 10 minutes in I got a headache, felt dizzy and nauseous. Why is this? Is it dehydration? Should I eat before exercising? Am I just too out of shape?

A couple months ago I was going to the gym and doing the weight and cardio circuit for 30 minutes and never felt sick. It was the opposite...I felt great and energized.

After getting a drink and sitting down for a while, the nausea is gone, the dizziness comes and goes, and I still have the headache. Please give me some insight.

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Dehydration could be the reason, as you suggested.

Your doctor might have a better explanation.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Some people can exercise on an empty stomach, but I would never do it. But also don't exercise immediately after eating. Maybe have something small, and always drink water before, during and after exercise.