Community
Notices

Hypoglycemia

Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hypoglycemia

Anyone have Hypoglycemia? I have had it for about two years. Is there a diet plan for Hypoglycemia, or is there another plan that works well for those of us with it? Thanks, Amy
Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

I've been told frequent meals, lots of protein, high fiber, and avoid simple carbs. I'm supposed to have 3 meals 3 snacks, usually I manage 3 meals 2 snacks. Don't be afraid of fat as long as it's healthy fat (fish, nuts, vegetables, seeds). Greek yogurt and egg white omlettes are great for breakfast. Diabetic guidelines work well for hypoglycemic people too, because they help stabilize blood sugar. Keep healthy snacks on you at all times so you have something good to grab if you're having an episode. I keep a Kashi granola bar with me at all times, less sugar in one of those than in a Quaker granola bar or a meal replacement bar.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

I've found that a basic diabetic diet works for me. I can even have sugar as long as I make sure there is protein with it to slow the rate it enters the blood stream. I also found that things a lot of people use, like SlimFast and Special K make me feel awful from the sugar after a couple of weeks. Just find what makes you feel best and stick with it. Your body will tell you what you need to know.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much LizzyCritter and Music. I recently became hypo and feel terrible all the time especially in the mornings it takes forever to stabalize. I must also lose 90 pounds and am my wits end. Can you suggest other meals and snacks please?