FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Need a diet to cut! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/985-need-diet-cut.html)

PharaohAlex 04-30-2010 07:59 AM

Need a diet to cut!

For the least 5 months I've been stuck on 14% body fat, and I really want to slim down to 10%.

I need a diet that'll help me get down, but at the same time give me enough protein to maintain my workout.

Before, I have been eating 2 eggs and oatmeal, 2 turkey sandwiches, pasta mixed with beef and vegetables, and cereal.

When I entered in the food on this site, I had a bit of a hard time since I couldn't exactly find the correct entry for the food I ate, but overall Id say that I get 1,500 calories per day, 45 g of fat, 177 g of carbs, and 67 g of protein.

im actually REALLY surprised at how little protein im getting, I always thought I was getting more. And I see the huge amount of carbs is probably the reason I'm not going down.

So, can anyone help me out with a diet for cutting? And, can someone help me with a diet for building as well, as I haven't really bulked up at all in the last few months.

rpmcduff 05-06-2010 01:59 PM

I am no expert but there is lots of information on cutting and clean bulking on the Bodybuilding.com website. I would suggest you incorporate whey protein shakes into your diet to up your protein. I can't get enough protein without it.

tandoorichicken 05-07-2010 05:19 AM

To cut, you'll probably want to drop your carb intake and increase your fat and protein intake. This way you'll be eating less and less often; fat is more calorie-dense so you can eat less of it and feel just as full.

A tip for bulking: eat a complete meal of protein, fat, and some carb within an hour-two hours of coming back from the gym. Your body is starving for nutrients at this point and nearly everything you eat will go towards recovery and rebuilding muscle. You'll definitely have to eat more than maintenance but if you time it like this it will be predominantly muscle rather than fat.

-Nik

adamcaa 06-05-2010 08:40 AM

How much do you weigh? You can make a cusomized food that fits what you're eating. If you're stuck, at a certain body fat percentage(not going up or down) i would bet that you're taking in a maintenance level caloric intake, if you are in fact taking in 1500 calories which could very well be an underestimation. Lower your calories about 100 cals for one to two weeks, and see if you start dropping body fat again.

Beefsister 06-05-2010 08:46 AM

Read my post on the 'diabetes and low-carb diet?' thread. It's a few posts below this one, and I believe it will help you get your weight down to a place you will be very satisfied with :)

all4eternity 06-07-2010 11:55 PM

Hi! I have a great book for you, its in pdf format and I can send it to you by e-mail. Its for everyone who want extreme cut, lower those last few % . Diet and training, its insane and extreme and you really need strong motivation, but if you endure it you'll have the lowest body fat in your life!
Check it on net: The Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

If that's what you're looking for give me your address and I'll send it to you right away!
Good luck!

DarcyGawlik 06-08-2010 02:57 AM

Hello All,

New here myself. Great information here. I am in the same boat. Came down from 301 lbs to now 187 in a span of about 2 years plus. Now doing a combination of Turbulence Training and INSANITY. Trying to lose that last layer of Fat has become quite the obsticle. all4eternity, any chance you could send that book to me to check out? It would be great to check it out.

Thanks!

all4eternity 06-08-2010 07:41 PM

Sure! Just give me e-mail address!

DarcyGawlik 06-09-2010 12:59 AM

[email protected]

Thanks very much!

all4eternity 06-12-2010 03:59 AM

ok just sent you the book! let me know how you like it!

lostris326 06-26-2010 01:06 AM

Would you send the book to me, as well? [email protected] I've been sputtering for 6 months without much in shredding fat. The muscle is there, just way, way underneath!

wantfirmcurves 07-04-2010 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by all4eternity (Post 12973)

Hi, I'm interested in Lyle McDonald's cut diet book too...would you mind sending a copy to me too? I've got 4 weeks left to get more bf off before a beach vacay and have hit a plateau!

Thanks in advance :)

[email protected]

appleadam 07-08-2010 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by wantfirmcurves (Post 15056)
Hi, I'm interested in Lyle McDonald's cut diet book too...would you mind sending a copy to me too? I've got 4 weeks left to get more bf off before a beach vacay and have hit a plateau!

Thanks in advance :)

[email protected]

me too please!

[email protected]

m330 07-09-2010 01:55 AM

Nevermind, found it on my own.

lvjeepguy 07-11-2010 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by all4eternity (Post 12898)
Hi! I have a great book for you, its in pdf format and I can send it to you by e-mail. Its for everyone who want extreme cut, lower those last few % . Diet and training, its insane and extreme and you really need strong motivation, but if you endure it you'll have the lowest body fat in your life!
Check it on net: The Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

If that's what you're looking for give me your address and I'll send it to you right away!
Good luck!

Anyone ever read his other book: The Rapid Fat-Loss Handbook?

I'd love to hear come real-life experience on it...

momof2mms 07-12-2010 04:31 AM

I would like a copy, please!
[email protected]
Thanks in advance!

DiannaMiljour 07-15-2010 08:12 AM

I am on a cut diet now.. I have 12 weeks to lose 8% BF
My calories don't get above 1200 a day protein is 170 - 180, carbs are a about 20 and same goes for fat if that. My carbs come from greens like spinach, broccoli, asparagus, and fat comes from my 1tbs. of almond butter and thats about it.
:eek: yes I can imagine the responses i will get but it works and im not starving myself I eat every two hours or so... and its a means to an end... Show day here I come. My start was 26% BF. I am at about 18% BF

tandoorichicken 07-15-2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by DiannaMiljour (Post 15937)
yes I can imagine the responses i will get but it works and im not starving myself I eat every two hours or so... and its a means to an end... Show day here I come. My start was 26% BF. I am at about 18% BF

Nice, you compete?! I too am an aspiring recreational competitor (somewhere between indifferent and seriously competitive, I guess?), albeit in powerlifting. Show diets can be a real pain... but I'm sure they're worth it in the end. Good luck on your show!

Celisa 07-19-2010 12:18 PM

Like Dianna I am on a cut diet....hi protein low carb..ot to compete except for myself :p to chicken to ever get on stage...I am doing the velocity diet yo can fit it on T-Nation..it is exteme and others might think unhealthy but I am eating every 3 hrs with all nutrients in ck. good luck

tandoorichicken 07-19-2010 05:26 PM

Celisa, I'm going to try the V-diet after I bulk up a little bit... and after I have a little more money ;) It is extreme, but that's the point, plus I doubt it will seriously screw you up if you do it only for the recommended time (6 weeks). It's not meant to be a long-term plan, just a massive kick in the behind for getting shredded :)

Celisa 07-20-2010 02:32 AM

it is expensive so I guess I can't "say" I am doing the actual V diet, since i researched all the products for comparables and got them ( found all but one) Maybe it should be my "C" diet . :P I am following Chad Waterburys workout (the intermediate) to a T though. Yesterday was day 1 and I feel good today. I had 5 shakes ( 1 was post w/o ) and 1 meal of 3 oz grilled skinless ckicken breast and 1 c green beans. and ended w/ 1600 cals.

heytred 07-20-2010 03:11 PM

Good luck!

I know I'm a few months late, but I was actually just looking at Lyle McDonalds book yesterday and thinking about purchasing it. If you could email it to me I would be immensely grateful.

[email protected]

01gt4.6 07-21-2010 01:00 AM

Good luck!

I'm about to start cutting myself, could you also sent it to me? [email protected]

thanks.

tandoorichicken 07-21-2010 04:41 AM

Mike, please don't cut yourself. We all love you here :p

01gt4.6 07-21-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken (Post 16389)
Mike, please don't cut yourself. We all love you here :p

awwww thanks :D, I'm not so sure that everyone loves me here ;)

DiannaMiljour 07-22-2010 06:35 PM

Thanx! all for the luck I can use it....

I tried the V-Diet a few times... Lets just say what i am doing now works so much better for me. I basically wasted away so it works in that respect but I was experiencing black outs. it works and yes its for the hardcore. LOVE THE WORKOUTS Thou! my favorite part..
I think the hardest part was the shakes. Im not a sweet kinda girl Id rather have chips over cake any day. so It was hard to get them down...I think I still have some of that protein powder in the garage. I now drink the brand Nectar so goood still sweet but not in the thick way.

If you complete the diet you are a ROCKSTAR! cause its not easy.
Good luck!

DiannaMiljour 07-22-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken (Post 15941)
Nice, you compete?! I too am an aspiring recreational competitor (somewhere between indifferent and seriously competitive, I guess?), albeit in powerlifting. Show diets can be a real pain... but I'm sure they're worth it in the end. Good luck on your show!

I wish I was a competitor...
But this is my first show I am 10 weeks out from the Washington Iron Man. Figure! excited and yet freaking out... :eek: after that i will be a competitor. LOL My 2nd show is The Crystal Cup in anchorage and I am 13 weeks out from that one.

Try competing you never know;)

Celisa 07-29-2010 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by DiannaMiljour (Post 16553)
Thanx! all for the luck I can use it....

I tried the V-Diet a few times... Lets just say what i am doing now works so much better for me. I basically wasted away so it works in that respect but I was experiencing black outs. it works and yes its for the hardcore. LOVE THE WORKOUTS Thou! my favorite part..
I think the hardest part was the shakes. Im not a sweet kinda girl Id rather have chips over cake any day. so It was hard to get them down...I think I still have some of that protein powder in the garage. I now drink the brand Nectar so goood still sweet but not in the thick way.

If you complete the diet you are a ROCKSTAR! cause its not easy.
Good luck!

Had to come back and post and say I made it exactly 8 days, by then i wanted to chew my own arm off..LOL not because I was hungry though. Like you I became light headed and dizzy often (not good when driving with children) It was becoming very had to drink so many shakes just the thought actually drinking one more meal had me gagging some days.I lost lbs but I am sure thats on its way back now that i am back to normal eating. :P

I too like the workouts always have liked Chad W's workouts. So now it back to eating clean 24/7 for me.

DiannaMiljour 08-04-2010 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Celisa (Post 17115)
Had to come back and post and say I made it exactly 8 days, by then i wanted to chew my own arm off..LOL not because I was hungry though. Like you I became light headed and dizzy often (not good when driving with children) It was becoming very had to drink so many shakes just the thought actually drinking one more meal had me gagging some days.I lost lbs but I am sure thats on its way back now that i am back to normal eating. :P

I too like the workouts always have liked Chad W's workouts. So now it back to eating clean 24/7 for me.

LOL! Thats it exactly... lost 9lbs in a week. but then I quit and yes the weight came back quickly. since then I lost probably 20lbs so yes stick to the clean eating... although my diet is pretty extreme right now. its a whole lot better than those shakes. YUCK just thinking about them make me want to gag!

jhansen6 08-05-2010 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by all4eternity (Post 12973)

Could you send it to me also... Thanks. John

[email protected]

wannabefitgrl 08-05-2010 12:17 PM

Those of you on that super high protein diet, do you take fiber supplements? When I was on a high protein and low carb diet, I noticed my digestive system practically stopped and thought I should maybe have started taking supplemental fiber. Someone else also mentioned getting dizzy spells and I noticed when I would get up, I'd get dizzy and my vision would start to go dark. Since upping my protein/carbs to a more normal 40/40 proportion, my digestive system is back on track and no more dizzy spells. Just wondering if you found solutions to those things or not?

tandoorichicken 08-05-2010 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl (Post 17836)
Those of you on that super high protein diet, do you take fiber supplements?

I don't take supplements but I do try to overload on vegetables so I handle all of my fiber needs that way. I do agree that if I don't get my vegetables for an extended period of time my plumbing completely gums up. My easiest fix at that point is to turn to beans because even though they're fairly high in digestible carbs, they run through the system fast, get it jump started, and best of all I get to keep shoveling protein into my pie hole :D

Then I just pick up where I left off and do the best I can.

DiannaMiljour 08-06-2010 06:50 PM

My diet is mainly protein and no problems with digestive system.. I drink a gallon of water a day and eat my greens. :D

Although I must say If I eat junk! well lots of carbs, and all the stuff I used to eat on a regular basis... My belly is not happy and you might not want to be in the same room cause I get BAD gut rot...

I mentioned blackouts but that was from the V-Diet... not a regular high protein diet.