Notices

Ideal Protein

Old 04-18-2010, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ideal Protein

Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone out there is doing the Ideal Protein Diet?
Old 04-18-2010, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

I'm curious about this program. What is it like?

I notice they have a lot of products on their web site. Do you have to eat their products or can you eat regular food? Is it expensive? Whatever you can tell me about would be appreciated!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
I'm curious about this program. What is it like?

I notice they have a lot of products on their web site. Do you have to eat their products or can you eat regular food? Is it expensive? Whatever you can tell me about would be appreciated!
Hey - you can check out my blog for a lot of the information! I'll give you a quick run down on it though:

You eat their food for breakfast, lunch & snack plus have 2 cups of veggies at lunch. Dinner is 5 oz of lean protein or 7 oz of fish plus 2 cups of veggies.

The cost is about $85 per week for the food, so it depends what you think is expensive! I've been on the program for 3 months as of today and I've lost 52 lbs so while the diet is costly, you aren't on it for that long relative to other diets!

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Wow jordana, great blog. You are doing so well. Congrats!

I am eating between 1500-1600 calories per day, trying to include a lot of protein and exercising 4 times a week. My weight loss has been slow but I'm not sure if I could eat the food that the Ideal Protein diet offers because I currently have a stomach ulcer and I have so many diet restrictions it might be hard.

Anyway, I enjoy you blog. Keep up the amazing work!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Wow jordana, great blog. You are doing so well. Congrats!

I am eating between 1500-1600 calories per day, trying to include a lot of protein and exercising 4 times a week. My weight loss has been slow but I'm not sure if I could eat the food that the Ideal Protein diet offers because I currently have a stomach ulcer and I have so many diet restrictions it might be hard.

Anyway, I enjoy you blog. Keep up the amazing work!
Thanks! Ya, Ideal Protein isn't for everyone, it's very low carb & quite restrictive!!

It sounds like you're on the right track doing it on your own anyway!