Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
haven't read all threads..anyone else on keto? >

haven't read all threads..anyone else on keto?

Notices

haven't read all threads..anyone else on keto?

Old 11-29-2012, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Smile haven't read all threads..anyone else on keto?

I've been on keto for about a month now and I've lost 7 lbs so far...I'm not trying to lose much, only 15-20 lbs over all. Would love to know if anyone else is trying this difficult diet!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

I was on Keto for a month. It is interesting and if you wish to continue - good luck. But i recommend Primal diet instead - it still gets you into Ketosis if you are low on fruits and is much easier and enjoyable.

With Keto you will also end up eating a lot of processed foods and meats with high salt, trans-fat, and too much artificial hormones ( that can mess you up a lot in the long term ). Also bad breath, and terrible headaches for first month.

My advice - stick to Primal or Paleo, which are basicly commercial versions of what humans are supposed to eat anyways.

If you go with Keto - boatload of vegetables is a must.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mdaesch
I've been on keto for about a month now and I've lost 7 lbs so far...I'm not trying to lose much, only 15-20 lbs over all. Would love to know if anyone else is trying this difficult diet!
yeah i just posted a thread about my experience. i just finished my second week (although i did a 12 week low carb diet previously).

in my first week i ate 20grams of carbs but just couldn't do it. i had no energy to do anything so in my second week i increased my carbs to 50grams. I did get crazy migraines this week (i do think its cause of the no carb thing). I also went 2 weeks straight with no carbs and honestly i cant wait for my carb up day tomorrow.. i'm just going to ATTACK them! i don't care I need it!

how many grams of carbs are u eating?

can i also add that in my first week when i was trying to eat 70% fats (i was eating sausages and lots of cheeses and other foods high in fat) i felt so gross and bloated and just YUCK! i hated that feeling. did you feel that way too?

and did u get any migraines or constipation or a lot of gas? yuck i know but it's reality!