Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle >

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Notices

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Old 05-03-2011, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kasiakitty23
Is anyone here doing the Paleo Diet?

how is it going? are you exercisizing primally too?

I'm trying to do it but I end up messing it up. But I keep trying. When I was able to stick to the diet/lifestyle for a week, I lost 4 lbs! Looking to get back on track with it.

Paleo diet/lifestyle is my fave, it really makes sense to me, to eat like cavemen used to eat. (so much healthier then today's foods that we eat!)
I started Paleo 3 week ago. I like it. I do Crossfit and they have a 60 day challenge going on where you follow Paleo with one cheat meal a week. I'm going to follow this way of eating after the challenge. I don't have much weight to lose but have lost 5 ponds and am performing much faster and lifting much more weight than before. I also feel fantastic.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hi!

i'm new on Fit day. I found the book Primal Blueprint linked on Weston Price so I started reading the www Marks daily apple. alot of the information makes sense to me, since i feel really bloated if i eat grains. I tried soaking the flour as they said on Weston Price and Nourishing traditions by sally fallon. but i felt better then before but still bloated little.

i order the book but it hasnt come yet. i have alot of questions. can anyone answer them?

i'm a 5'4 woman 233lbs out of shape and never been skinny in my life. can this diet work for me?

do you have to cut out these things for all the life? or can you add some back in after you lose the weight?

if i cut m carbs down to 100g a day is this enough to lose weigh? i tried going to what atkins said 20g i couldn't do it, even taking out bread and pasta.

if i occasionally have some mashed potatoes or a slice of bread, let's weekly or every 2 weeks will this make it hard to lose weight? reverse all i did the week before?

i really want to try this lifestyle out but i know myself i can't do it cold turkey. i tried with all my might, i abstained then one day i failed and binged eating a whole pan of brownies.

i changed my habits from eating out alot fast food to now trying to learn to cook at home. i eat salad at lunch and dinner. i thought not eatin fast food but follwing clean eating diet would be enough. but in 6months i only lost 10lbs. i need help!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:25 PM
FitDay Member

I have a question.

Tandouri chicken in your sigge it says eat less vegetable oils ... does olive oil count in this too? As I have started transitioning to a Primal diet, I have switched to only butter, animal fat and olive oil; No coconut oil where I live so I can't use it. And not willing to buy anything online right now.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

I've become very interested in incorporating some Paleo into my diet . . . looking for the elusive site in the web-stack is frustrating . . . does anyone have any links they can recommend to get some good guidelines/recipies/menu plans?

Very grateful for any help in pointing me in the right direction!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmarchion1221
I've become very interested in incorporating some Paleo into my diet . . . looking for the elusive site in the web-stack is frustrating . . . does anyone have any links they can recommend to get some good guidelines/recipies/menu plans?

Very grateful for any help in pointing me in the right direction!
I can't say from personal experience, as I'm not paleo myself, but in the time I've been on these boards, people have recommended the "Mark's Daily Apple" website frequently.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Here are several links for paleo.
Everyday Paleo
Paleo Diet Lifestyle | paleo diet tips and recipes
Robb Wolf | The Paleo Solution book and podcast | Paleolithic nutrition, intermittent fasting, and fitness

Also olive oil is good, stay away from vegetable oil. It is full of the bad kind of fat. Olive oil is full of the good kind of fat.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kasiakitty23
Is anyone here doing the Paleo Diet?

how is it going? are you exercisizing primally too?

I'm trying to do it but I end up messing it up. But I keep trying. When I was able to stick to the diet/lifestyle for a week, I lost 4 lbs! Looking to get back on track with it.

Paleo diet/lifestyle is my fave, it really makes sense to me, to eat like cavemen used to eat. (so much healthier then today's foods that we eat!)
Don't worry about messing up! Keep to the paleo food rules 80% and you'll still make progress. I'm largely paleo but I do have the rare baked good, and occasional beans and dairy. The greatest progress can be had from simple wheat elimination.

I've been lifting heavy things for about 3 years now but I just got into running and I'm training for a 10K. There's an evolutionary basis for this.... look up persistence hunting.

Good luck!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplicitybythesea
I have a question.

Tandouri chicken in your sigge it says eat less vegetable oils ... does olive oil count in this too? As I have started transitioning to a Primal diet, I have switched to only butter, animal fat and olive oil; No coconut oil where I live so I can't use it. And not willing to buy anything online right now.
I consider olive and avocado to be fruits, so the oils from them would probably be better categorized as "fruit oils." I love olive oil and I dump it over everything when I'm at my parents' house because it doesn't freak them out as much as when I pour bacon drippings over everything
Old 05-17-2011, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
Based on all the research I've read over the last few years, my own conclusion is that you can lose weight and improve some health markers (depending on your own body chemistry and genetics) by sticking primarily to either fat or carbs as your main fuel source. People start running into trouble when they start consuming both fat and carbs in quantity. IMHO, high fat is preferable to high carb because of the amount of control it gives you over your blood glucose level, which can be extremely toxic when high.
I like your explanation very much. Low carb and high fat has brought me down 35 lbs to about 8% body fat and I've found it very easy to stay at this weight for a long time. I also found out that the more carbs I eat, the more I want to eat. Insulin peaks and valleys really wreck my ability to resist more carbs. Now I eat only the low glycemic ones and no more than around 35 grams in any one meal - with many meals being 1/2 of that. My fat intake has been around 60% with most of that from meat, eggs, fish oil, olive oil and coconut oil.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplicitybythesea
I have a question.

Olive oil is fine as long as you don't heat it up too much. Something about it breaking down that makes it less than optimal. I use it for salad dressing a lot. Been leaning on bacon fat for stir frying. Works great and you can't go wrong with bacon <g>. Been on Paleo for about a month and really like it. Feel great, and love all the grass fed meat. Even though it's more expensive, I find I don't eat as much of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.