Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle >

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Community
Notices

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Old 06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Primal all the way! I went primal only two weeks ago. My energy is soaring, my inflamed intestines are totally healed, my workouts and stamina are through the roof. I am telling everyone I know about it. I haven't felt this good in years, and I thought I ate pretty well and took good care of myself. The Primal Blueprint has changed my life. I'll never go back! Oh, and I made a coconut milk/lemon zest/raw egg custard tonight for dessert. It made my top ten favorites list!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

My wife and I have been on LCHF for 2 months. We started it because she has been trying for 10 years in lowering her triglycerides. But after only 2 months on LCHF (and no drugs), her triglycerides went from 240 to 79. Amazing when you think of all the 'bad' food (fats and calories) we've been eating.

I've read a lot on the subject (especially like Gary Taubes' books), but it still is perplexing how 'Paleo' suggests eating LEAN meat, while the LCHF recommends eating lots of fat. These don't sound like slight variations of a diet but opposites.

From what I read of other's experiences, it seems the low-carb improves blood results and energy, but it's the high fat that improves body shape and leads to weight loss. Our own experience seems to indicate that because the energy and blood results have improved dramatically but the weight is not going down. I can only surmise that we need to eat less lean meat and more fat.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default Primal

My wife and I just completed the 21 day primal challenge. I will only speak for myself here. I feel great and have already seen some fair amount of weight loss. Muscle tone is geting very good and energy levels are up. I was quite the insomniac before averaging about 4-5 hrs a night. Now, I sleep a good 7-8 each night. Little aches and pains that were there constantly are now gone. I am staying primal!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Well... Good Morning all.... I am new to fitday and am trying to go as Primal as possible. Kinda a primal/low to moderate carb. Have been since 8/5 and have dropped 19 lb so far. in 7 weeks.... not bad. Looking for primal support and possible recipes, etc. Does not seem to be much activity on this thread lately. I do go to marksdailyapple.... but at work I cant get in there...
Old 09-29-2013, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

Yep I am too.

Originally Posted by cr34t0r
Anyone in here living primal lifestyle?
If you're not I highly recommend you do. Its by far the best stuff there is in my opinion. I see it from results.

I will write more about this. now I just wanted to start a discussion :-)
This website is super cool. to keep score is vital, especially little things. it helps awareness of what you do and what you need to change to make an improvement.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Primal

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Primal here - all lean unprocessed meat, vegetables, nuts and seeds. I don't eat fruit - doing the low glycemic thing. I do eat some cheese occasionally, but this is the only dairy I eat, no yogurt, butter, milk etc. I haven't had a starch in over 30 days and I feel great. Down 26 pounds in my first month WITHOUT working out!

Now I am in my second month I am adding exercise to my plan.

Great Job, I spent the weekend reading up on Primal and Zone. Going to give Primal 90 days. Need to loose about 50 pounds.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

@warrenme

Good luck! I went primal about a year and a half ago. In my first 3.5-4 months, I easily lost 50 lbs. It was absolutely unbelievable. I couldn't recommend it more.

But.. in order to make this work, you must embrace the lifestyle. It truly is a lifestyle, not a diet. Get adequate sleep, avoid bright/blue lights at night so that you can fall asleep easily and naturally, eat well (to be in the easy weight loss zone, in take no more than an average of 50g of carbs a day), increase the amount of animal fat you eat (counterintuitive to what we've all always been taught). Enjoy it. Once you clean out your system of the processed foods you eat, you're whole temperament will change. You will feel relaxed and energetic, and find your body fat dropping quickly.

Good luck again.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Not sure which will stick!

Okay, starting the year out right! First choosing a "lifestyle" I can stick with! It's between fitday.com and healthsidekick.com ,
has anyone done either for a long period of time? Wish me luck and thanks for any and all feedback in advance
Old 01-05-2014, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Paleo!!

Hey i fell off the paleo/primal wagon before christmas.. i'm starting again monday (tomorrow).. wish me luck! I feel rubbish wen not eating paleo.. with myself! i'm doing it for weight loss and health. i'm gonna use fitday to log my foods but not going to weigh myself.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Been studying several lifestyle eating patterns for about a year now, but wasn't ready to commit to any of them. It took a while to overcome the anti-high-fat mentality.

Paleo and its variations were intriguing, but I finally was tipped over the edge after reading Grain Brain, by Dr. Perlmutter. It took me several weeks to wean off the grains already in the house and ramp up my fat intake - no gallbladder has made it harder for me to handle the increased fat intake.

But I've been about 65% fat, 20% protein, 15% carbs for two weeks now, and very pleased with my energy level and moderate weight loss. I have a lot to learn about LCHF, but I'm not missing the grains - except for cornbread LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.