Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Old 12-04-2011, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Sashabound:

What you felt orignally is known as the "carb flu". Its your body fighting because you have had a carb addiction. It passes in a few weeks to a month. Keep up the good work - I've lost 59 pounds in 4 months on the Priaml Blueprint. Good Luck!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Primal Mama

Hey every one! It's great to see that there is a group for us here! My whole family are Paleo/Template and Crossfiters! We have 2 children ages 6 and 3 myself I am 27 and my better half is 34.

We made the lifestyle change 4 years ago.. My partner he started first, then the kids ad I followed a few years later. We are not "PAF" we cook our meat, ha ha. I love baking using almond meal I make myself and coconut flour. I am part of IPMG on facebook. It's a great group that is full of experienced long time Primal's and a nice flow of Newbies each week
See you there if not here!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by thebiggfella
The Paleo/primal approach to eating is anexcellent, common sense way of staying healthy, improving your health and losing the fat. It's probably been mentioned already, but it's a lifestyle rather than 'a diet'. I don't get these folk who 'go on a diet'. It's a lifestyle change they need to make, something which they can continue for the rest of their days.

I combine this approach to eating with intense, brief and infrequent weights and cardio workouts and plenty of walking. Works a treat in keeping me in shape and it's very sustainable.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/116409718456748/

I couldn't agree more with you!

Primal -Crossfit'n Mama
Old 02-03-2012, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

I've been following the primal blue print since the beginning of October. I've lost 24 pounds, am getting nicely defined, have great energy levels and feel great! All my clothes are baggy on me. Some of them are getting to the point where they look like clown clothes. I'm holding off on getting a new wardrobe until my weight levels off. It just keeps coming off, slow and steady.

I'm a little better than 80/20, probably more like 90/10. Exercise wise I'm following the primal blue print to a tee: sprinting once a week, intense weights once or twice (following the Primal Blue print Fitness pdf you can get from Mark's site), long walks 3 or 4 days a week, and play with my 6 year old daughter as much as possible. Oh, and I usually go to a one hour yoga class once a week, which is not PB, but hey, I like it!

I tracked my diet on fitday.com for 10 days. I was pretty meticulous about it, even measuring the individual components of my dishes before I mixed them together, and then recording each component. I also included my supplements: 1 fish oil pill taken daily, and then on alternating days a Vitamin D pill and a multivitamin (for example, vitamin D on Mon, wed, fri, and the multivitamin on tues, thur, sat, and so on). Check it out:

I also tracked my exercise over the 10 day span. For this first one, disregard the dates prior to 1/23. 1/23 was the first day I started recording the data:

Please critique. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

toledodba25 - how did you create the total nutrition over time graph? Is that a premium feature? I don't trust the nutrition numbers all that much. Paleo versions of foods such as pastured eggs, 100% grass-fed beef, and organic veggies are more nutrient dense than the USDA database would lead you to believe.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

just placed my order for 2 of mark sisson's books... i hope that i can make this change cuz it sounds pretty much spectacular!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

@ toledodba25:

If you're averaging 40 grams of saturated fat a day, which is about double the recommended amount, you should at be eating more fiber. You're average is only 25 grams. I'd recommend upping that to 40 grams a day.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
@ toledodba25:

If you're averaging 40 grams of saturated fat a day, which is about double the recommended amount, you should at be eating more fiber. You're average is only 25 grams. I'd recommend upping that to 40 grams a day.
Why? Neither Mark Sisson or Barry Cripps appear to agree:

Fun With Fiber: The Real Scoop | Mark's Daily Apple

The Paleo Diet and Fiber Paleo Diet News

"Generally speaking, we would be looking at getting the bulk of our fiber (pun intended), from some low-glycemic fruits, and preferably some green, cruciferous vegetables. Regardless, I don’t believe that obtaining a significant amount of fiber from these sources is realistic, and therefore probably indicates that our Paleolithic ancestors didn’t actually get or NEED a large amount of fiber in their diets."
Old 02-14-2012, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by toledodba25
Why? Neither Mark Sisson or Barry Cripps appear to agree:

Fun With Fiber: The Real Scoop | Mark's Daily Apple

The Paleo Diet and Fiber Paleo Diet News

"Generally speaking, we would be looking at getting the bulk of our fiber (pun intended), from some low-glycemic fruits, and preferably some green, cruciferous vegetables. Regardless, I don’t believe that obtaining a significant amount of fiber from these sources is realistic, and therefore probably indicates that our Paleolithic ancestors didn’t actually get or NEED a large amount of fiber in their diets."
I would have to agree with VitoVino on this one. Four points...

1. Remember that both Mark and Barry are selling something, so information from them should be taken with grain of salt.

2. Basing a diet on what our Paleolithic ancestors needed or didn't need can be detrimental towards long term health. They may not have needed as much fiber, but they also ate far less saturated fats (and meat in general) then we do.

3. Barry seems to be contradicting himself here: Why I Recently Gave Up Eating Bacon on the Paleo Diet Paleo Diet News

4. The cave men were lucky to live to be 35.....so probably not as concerned about long term health as we should be.

In general I like 90% of what the paleo diet offers...any plan that starts with getting ride of processed carbs is a good thing...and that alone is usually enough for most people to loss significant weight and feel better. But I have never seen any great evidence that avoiding multigrain carbs is detrimental in either the near or long term while there is ample evidence that increased saturated and omega-6 fats can have very negative health effects.

Just my 2cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.