FitDay Member

Default Looking for weight loss buddy

I am looking for a weight loss buddy. I eat healthy but have

a problem cutting down on the snacks and want to lose about

10 pounds. I am 40 years old an quite active, but thats not

enough
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM
FitDay Member

The health benefits of fruits and vegetables come from numerous vitamins and minerals working together synergistically. Fruit and vegetable diet is quite effective when it comes to healthy lifestyle and weight loss.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

Personally I don't believe in diets that focus on a restricted food group.

Soup diet, vegetable diet, lowfat diet, low-carb diet...
None of them are healthy.

I believe in what's been said very often:
1. Smart weight loss is accomplished by living a healthy lifestyle. Eating healthy and exercising.
2. Weight loss is very simple mathematics: calorie intake has to be lower than the amount of calories you burn, et voila!

I've lost about 4,7kg over the past 4 or 5 weeks and I'm trying to lose another 2. I've been eating foods from every food group. I eat carbs, lots of protein and healthy fats. Lots of fruit and veg but I try to put a max on fruit (max 3 or 4) because of the fructose.

I'm having an off week though... my exercising schedule is messed up a bit due to a couple of obligations and I think my metabolism is on max speed :-) so I was weak and gave in to a couple of cravings (sandwich with dark chocolate spread, a couple of winegums, a couple of cookies...)

Time to start again with a clean slate!

If you're looking for a weight loss buddy, we're all here trying to lose some weight, so I guess we are all your buddies
Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
FitDay Member

Walking is most effective in promoting weight loss. If you do not plan to change your diet, walking may still allow one to lose weight. Walking alone may still provide some weight loss benefits, particularly if your calorie consumption is not overly high to begin with. If you add calories to your diet because you are walking, you may not see weight loss benefits.