FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   The Eat Clean Diet (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/7051-eat-clean-diet.html)

leanlisan 03-27-2012 01:21 PM

The Eat Clean Diet
 
I've been eating clean for 17 years. In my opinion it's not dieting at all. It's all whole foods, nothing processed. I started it with 35lbs to lose and lost it all and kept it off all these years. With the exceptiong of being pregnant twice. After both pregnancies I lost the weight easily and have kept it off.

Tunnrida 03-28-2012 04:02 PM

It is something like a raw food?

leanlisan 03-29-2012 06:03 PM

No, it's just all natural, no additives or preservatives, whole foods. Check it out. It's nothing crazy. Just real food.

clarkslp 03-29-2012 09:44 PM

Was talking to a friend that was starting this with his wife. My response was that it is more or less what I was doing....eliminate or greatly reduced processed foods or anything with added sugar. Eat fresh veggies/fruits/ and meats as much as possible. It seems like a very common sense approach.

VitoVino 03-29-2012 10:42 PM


Originally Posted by Tunnrida (Post 77590)
It is something like a raw food?

Information here, peramalink: Eating Clean

Bellamia77 04-03-2012 04:46 PM

love eating clean!
 
Been doing this for 8 days now and have lost 6lbs! I do this monday thru saturday and sunday i kinda pig out (cheat day). I recomend it, im never hungry and dont get the 3pm crash anymore!

VitoVino 04-03-2012 05:02 PM


Originally Posted by Bellamia77 (Post 78120)
Been doing this for 8 days now and have lost 6lbs! I do this monday thru saturday and sunday i kinda pig out (cheat day). I recomend it, im never hungry and dont get the 3pm crash anymore!

Yup, I've been eating clean since July 2011. Not only do I have energy throughout the day, with no crash anymore, but my exercise training is making huge improvements, I'm maintaining my weight (after losing 40 pounds), AND last but not least my brain doesn't have that "cloudy" feeling that I used to have prior to eating clean.

By the way. You mentioned "3PM crash". That 5 hour energy stuff is a scam. I've tried it and it did NOTHING. Of course, I'm eating clean so I've got 24 hour energy. :cool:

mandee08 04-06-2012 09:31 PM

mmm
 
I started the eat clean diet two years ago, and was also a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Up to this point I've lost 50lbs, but living with a steak and mashed potatos kinda man, I hate to say I've fallen off the band wagon. I am trying very hard to go back to eating clean, because I never felt better. I still get the eat clean magazine, and I can't wait for the day my boyfriend lets me cook dinner with one of the recipes. But...I don't see it happening any time soon :rolleyes:

leanlisan 04-11-2012 06:58 PM

Happy to hear that there are others here with great success.
Mandee, don't tell your boyfriend. I bet he wouldn't even know the difference.;)

PaschaDee 04-27-2012 10:08 PM


Originally Posted by leanlisan (Post 78694)
Happy to hear that there are others here with great success.
Mandee, don't tell your boyfriend. I bet he wouldn't even know the difference.;)

I just purchased the book "Eat-Clean Diet Recharged" by Tosca Reno. Is this the same diet that you are referring to when you say Eat Clean Diet?
I have done many diets over the years and had my best success with Atkins even tho all my loss has returned plus more. My doctor has asked me not to do Atkins and has recommended this one instead. After reading this book for the last 2 days, I really feel that this could be the real thing. It just doesn't sound like a diet but a new way of eating. I'm starting it tomorrow with approximately 90 pounds to lose. :)

cleancowgirl 05-19-2012 12:22 PM

Just started clean eating yesterday. Years ago did south beach and lost 60 lbs but after pregnancy, a horse riding accident the weight is back. I'm a nurse and alot of the docs reccomend this plan. It's is a lot like south beach in the original days. I'd like to lose 100 lbs over the course of 1 year. So so good.:)

RunbikeSki 05-20-2012 11:17 PM

IMHO, eating "clean" is the best diet there is, whether you include meat or not. Just keeping it simple, eating real food, eliminating all the chemical crap, and going for the best possible quality you can afford.

It goes a long way towards "mindfull eating" which can only help in the weight loss battle.

Good luck cowgirl and let us know how it is going!

volleyballgranny 05-21-2012 12:38 PM

Each person's body is different, but there are some universal truths...
 

Originally Posted by mandee08 (Post 78408)
I started the eat clean diet two years ago, and was also a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Up to this point I've lost 50lbs, but living with a steak and mashed potatos kinda man, I hate to say I've fallen off the band wagon. I am trying very hard to go back to eating clean, because I never felt better. I still get the eat clean magazine, and I can't wait for the day my boyfriend lets me cook dinner with one of the recipes. But...I don't see it happening any time soon :rolleyes:

Mandee, I have found that my family doesn't need to know what goes into what I cook. Why would a boyfriend? I will admit that I have to write down food allergies (so that I don't forget), and take personal tastes into account (my son doesn't like beef, my daughter doesn't like chicken...my son prefers not to eat large pieces of mushroom, my daughter is allergic to tomatoes, etc.), but they eat what I cook--or they cook for themselves.

You can buy organically fed beef (without added hormones or anti-biotics) and you can provide a serving of potatoes or rice for your man without falling for it yourself. My family has actually come to prefer mashed cauliflower or turnips (mashed with butter, a bit of sour cream, and a little cheese) over potatoes or rice. What I'm saying is that you can eat clean and still make your BF happy...it may not be vegan, but it's "clean."


Originally Posted by PaschaDee (Post 79905)
I just purchased the book "Eat-Clean Diet Recharged" by Tosca Reno. Is this the same diet that you are referring to when you say Eat Clean Diet?
I have done many diets over the years and had my best success with Atkins even tho all my loss has returned plus more. My doctor has asked me not to do Atkins and has recommended this one instead. After reading this book for the last 2 days, I really feel that this could be the real thing. It just doesn't sound like a diet but a new way of eating. I'm starting it tomorrow with approximately 90 pounds to lose. :)

PaschaDee, as a diabetic, my doctor encourages me to eat low-carb, but does not advocate Atkins. I do it anyway. I have never tolerated wheat, corn, or sugar well and now those allergies are even worse (due to age and damage to my colon). She can't argue with my after-meal blood test results (always between 95 and 110), but we still have not achieved a decent fasting reading. Despite meds, I can't get it below 95-120. The lower reading doesn't bother me too much, but the upper one does!

You mention that eating clean is a new way of life. Atkins is not a diet, either--it is a lifestyle change. From the time I first tried Atkins in 1978, I have been a low-carb person. Oh, I fell off the wagon from time to time, but only a couple of times gained so much weight that it was a problem--and going back to the right way of eating always took me back down.

I think that the success of people on the 'eat clean' diet proves that much of the epidemic of obesity is caused by food additives and over-processing.

I will say that I make sure at least 80% of my diet is "clean." Come to think of it, maybe more. I know that I would do better with a 100% clean diet, but I don't always have that luxury. Personally, though, I will never get to the point that I can add wheat or corn back in (Maintenance level). Life goes on...

Blaze88 05-21-2012 11:34 PM

Primal/paleo all the way!!

Meggietye 05-24-2012 10:52 PM

My Mom and Dad raised us eating clean, I realize how fortunate I was as it set me up for a near lifetime of success..with a few bumps (my fault!ha) but I am back to it now and really prefer it. Mandee..just cook for your boyfriend without making a big deal about it ssshhhhh, he likely won't even know! I cook for my husband and just give him some extra starch if I think he might balk, he has gradually changed his diet a LOT, amazingly he almost prefers my way now..and he is of the old school meat and potatoes so it can be done :)

leanlisan 05-31-2012 05:11 PM


Originally Posted by PaschaDee (Post 79905)
I just purchased the book "Eat-Clean Diet Recharged" by Tosca Reno. Is this the same diet that you are referring to when you say Eat Clean Diet?
I have done many diets over the years and had my best success with Atkins even tho all my loss has returned plus more. My doctor has asked me not to do Atkins and has recommended this one instead. After reading this book for the last 2 days, I really feel that this could be the real thing. It just doesn't sound like a diet but a new way of eating. I'm starting it tomorrow with approximately 90 pounds to lose. :)

Yes, it's the same "diet." However, you will find it's not dieting at all. It's just, in my opinion, the healthiest way to lose weight and keep it off. Lots of luck to you.

ifoodreal.com 12-02-2015 06:39 PM


Originally Posted by leanlisan (Post 77409)
I've been eating clean for 17 years. In my opinion it's not dieting at all. It's all whole foods, nothing processed. I started it with 35lbs to lose and lost it all and kept it off all these years. With the exceptiong of being pregnant twice. After both pregnancies I lost the weight easily and have kept it off.

I couldn't agree more! I started eating clean 4 years ago after 2nd pregnancy and it has done wonders for me. It is definitely not a diet but a lifestyle.

Olena


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.