Notices

17 Day Diet?

Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default 17 Day Diet?

Anyone try this? As I understand it it is a 4 cycle of 17 days each to lose weight and then work towards maintenance. I ordered the book from the library and started to read it. First cycle seems really restrictive and low calorie.

Anyway , has anyone had success or tried this?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure anyone's doing it now, but here's a link to when it was discussed before: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-day-diet.html
Old 03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the link to the discussion.

I will give WW another week and if the results are not 2 pounds a week as I was told is reasonable I will try the 17 day diet. It does seem really restrictive though. I work a really physical job and am not sure that I could last on so little to eat. Even 25 points on WW has me hungry.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 PM
FitDay Member

I am working on reducing my weight. I managed to loss 5lbs in a week by using hcg diet plan, but I am scared as If my weight reduces rapidly than it can hurt my body in the future. Is it true.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I am actually doing the 17 Day Diet right now. It works when you stick to the 17 days. I made it through 15 days and lost about 7 lbs. Which is not bad! I did cheat so I started all over again! I actually started again yesterday. My typical diet looks like this:

Meal 1
Asian Scrambled Eggs
-Shitake, egg whites, lite soy sauce, green pepper
Strawberry and Grapes
Meal 2
Oikos or Fage Yogurt
Strawberries and Grapes
Meal 3
Meatballs or Mustard Tilapia (Tilapia with mustard and lemon pepper)
Vegetables (Assorted) or salad (Kale or whatever)
Meal 4
Yogurt w/ Fruit.
Meal 5
Same as Meal 3.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

There are 4 cycle, and each last 17 days.
This diet look similar to southbeach, however, you can eat a certain fruit that low in sugar. The first cycle you have to cut out all starchy carbs. Eat unlimited lean protein and a lot of salad and there is a list of vegi and fruit that you can eat. After that you move to the second cycle and you can introduce a small amount of whole grain carb to your diet. The fourth cycle is the maintaince.

Check out the book at your local library.
After read all book about dieting, I think you just have to work out, cut down the portion and choose healthier food (filling, nutritious, and low in cals) in order to lose. There is no magic diet.

Mai
Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default When I stay on the program, it is fine.

I have been on the 17 Day Diet since February of 11. I went from 210 to 178. That was the lowest I have been since I was a freshman in High School (I'm 55 now). For now, my weight has drifted up to about 185. I have been on Cycle 4 but have made the mistake of trying my own methods and that has caused me trouble. The fix for me is to always just go back to the principals of the 17 DD and things get back in line quickly.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 PM
FitDay Member

The health benefits of fruits and vegetables come from numerous vitamins and minerals working together synergistically. Fruit and vegetable diet is quite effective when it comes to healthy lifestyle and weight loss.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

I have tried the 17 day diet and it does work. It is a fairly easy diet. I was losing 1-2lbs. a day in the first segment- but didn't continue. I started the diet again with more drive. I will update about the other cycles of the diet
Old 07-12-2012, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

My wife and I have been doing the 17-Day Diet since March 19th. It's working great for both of us! I've lost 44lbs so far and she's lost 24lbs! The hardest part is learning what foods you can and cannot have for each cycle. Once you become familiar with the foods and you know what and how to shop for the diet it gets a whole lot easier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.