Notices

4 hour body

Old 03-26-2012, 06:46 PM
FitDay Member

I don't get it why people have to call a diet spam if they never heard of it!!

By the way I started this diet in june last year and by december I've lost 30 kg.
The book is called '4 hour body' but the actual diet if you want to research it is called Slow carb diet

The slow carb means that the only carbs allowed are thru beans and lentils, you don't need to weight your food (eat as much as you want of the permitted food) and you got a day off a week where you can have all the food that you craved in the week and more.

The really basics points are:

Rule 1: Avoid "white" carbohydrates (like bread, pasta, rice etc).
Rule 2: Eat the same few meals over and over again.
Rule 3: Don't drink calories.
Rule 4: Don't eat fruit.
Rule 5: Take one day off per week and go nuts.

Hope i'm not going to be call a spammer because is my first post, but if someone is interested and tell me how i can post some of my daily intake that i logged in fitday during last year.

ciao
Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

The 4 Hour Body diet is hardly a quick fix. The book is intense, and very full of details. Essentially, "slow carb", and the author does recommend a lot of beans for the added fiber/filling. He also promotes eating whole, natural foods, kind of like Paleo (which is anti-beans and lentils, go figure). But the overall effect is that your carbs come from slow digesting foods like beans and you try not to fill your head with too much thought about what to eat, keeping your options quite simple until the "cheat day" or "free day". Even then, it's not a total free for all, but you allow yourself to have the things you crave.