Stuk in Atkins >

Stuk in Atkins

Community
Notices

Stuk in Atkins

Old 11-15-2011, 09:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default Stuk in Atkins

I wanted to start this tread because the Atkins thread goes back few years.

Well like everyone one else that did the Atkins before I’m on my third start and can defiantly say that the first time was the easiest to lose weight. I lost 20lb in my induction phase. The second time around I did not lose any pounds after 2 weeks of being on the induction phase. This time around I lost only 5lb after 4 weeks on the induction phase combined with calorie counting. I have not found a reasonable answer to why that is so.

I’m also using FitDay to make sure that my carb intake is much less than the 20g Atkins allows. Need some answers here.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:50 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I guess I'd have to ask, "what's your average daily calorie deficit"? Low carb, no carb, all carb, it's your calorie deficit that is going to cause weight change.

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-15-2011, 10:48 PM
FitDay Member

Go paleo. Read up on it, then try it, then stick with it, then love it. See the paleo thread below for my graph on it.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aranki
I wanted to start this tread because the Atkins thread goes back few years.

Well like everyone one else that did the Atkins before I’m on my third start and can defiantly say that the first time was the easiest to lose weight. I lost 20lb in my induction phase. The second time around I did not lose any pounds after 2 weeks of being on the induction phase. This time around I lost only 5lb after 4 weeks on the induction phase combined with calorie counting. I have not found a reasonable answer to why that is so.

I’m also using FitDay to make sure that my carb intake is much less than the 20g Atkins allows. Need some answers here.
My friends and I who are on LCHF* use a one-time 18-24 hour fast to reignite our weight loss when things get tough (every couple months). Perhaps your problem may be that you eventually end up reintroducing carbohydrates after the induction phase(s)?? I don't know though, I don't see what you eat. Also... did you try to subtract fiber when you came up with the 20g carb intake? I was able to lose quicker and more when I stopped BSing around with the "NET CARB" crap. It's so silly to me. If I consume 50 grams of carbs, 49 of which are fiber, to me that's 50 grams of carbs, not 1.

* Low Carb, High Fat
Old 11-16-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
it's your calorie deficit that is going to cause weight change.

The "Mecompco Diet" has worked for me!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default What do you eat on Atkins?

What are your favorite snacks?
What are your favorite meals?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
The "Mecompco Diet" has worked for me!
OK, that's funny! I should patent it--eat a reasonable amout of good food, don't eat crap, don't drink your calories, drink lots of water and move around a little. That's it in a nutshell. Of course, there are lots of little tricks and strategies, but at the end of the day, when all's said and done, where the rubber hits the road, (insert your favorite cliche here) it's calories in vs. calories out. Period. Every single weight loss scheme, diet, (even bariatric surgery), relies upon this truth.

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-16-2011, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

OK, that's funny! I should patent it--eat a reasonable amout of good food, don't eat crap, don't drink your calories, drink lots of water and move around a little. That's it in a nutshell. Of course, there are lots of little tricks and strategies, but at the end of the day, when all's said and done, where the rubber hits the road, (insert your favorite cliche here) it's calories in vs. calories out. Period. Every single weight loss scheme, diet, (even bariatric surgery), relies upon this truth.

Regards,
Michael

So basically you're saying "Physics applies to all things, and energy cannot be created nor destroyed." Yup, same principle as calories in vs. calories out. So you've got The First Law of Thermodynamics to back up The Mecompco Diet.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=mecompco;62562]I guess I'd have to ask, "what's your average daily calorie deficit"? Low carb, no carb, all carb, it's your calorie deficit that is going to cause weight change.

I've been on 0 carbs but some of the processed meats have some carbs, it does not add up to more than 10 to 19 grams according to Fitday totals. I keep my calorie deficit between 500 to 600 per day. I also added 30 minutes of workout 4 days a week (treadmill and weight lifting). I'm type 2 diabetic with daily blood sugar of 132 to 136.

I'm not sure if being diabetic has anything to do with Atkins not working as well for me this time around.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
FitDay Premium Member

[QUOTE=aranki;62803]
I guess I'd have to ask, "what's your average daily calorie deficit"? Low carb, no carb, all carb, it's your calorie deficit that is going to cause weight change.

I've been on 0 carbs but some of the processed meats have some carbs, it does not add up to more than 10 to 19 grams according to Fitday totals. I keep my calorie deficit between 500 to 600 per day. I also added 30 minutes of workout 4 days a week (treadmill and weight lifting). I'm type 2 diabetic with daily blood sugar of 132 to 136.

I'm not sure if being diabetic has anything to do with Atkins not working as well for me this time around.
Well, a 500 cal a day average deficit should result, on average, in a 1 lb. per week loss. That seems pretty much in line with the results you were describing. If you want to lose faster, you need to burn more or consume less (withing reason, there can be a point of diminishing return). How about trying to maintain an honest 1,000 cal a day deficit? Of course, there is nothing wrong with losing a pound a week, either.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.