FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Lindora (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/5691-lindora.html)

Clicker187 11-13-2011 04:58 PM

Lindora

Over 5 years ago I tried Lindora Diet. Lindora is a diet program in Southern California. The 10 week plan includes: medical over-site, daily weigh-ins (with council), exercise monitoring, daily b12 shots, and high protein/low carb diet. During the initial 10 weeks I lost 58 pounds and continued to loose 30 more pounds. Today I have gained it all back and searching for a new plan to get it off and keep it off.

Jt

1dwing 11-15-2011 09:38 AM

So you ate at a caloric deficit and lost alot of weight fast and then ate at a caloric surpluss and gained it all back right? How about eating at a slight deficit and exercise and lose the fat slowly thereby changing the way you eat food vs. "being on a diet". 5lbs a week is a LOT to lose-slow down but keep eating the foods you enjoy.

VitoVino 11-15-2011 10:30 AM

Great advice, 1dwing.

And using FitDay as your "new plan" will work, so long as you put in the effort and keep at it.

RunbikeSki 11-15-2011 11:02 AM

OR...

If lindora worked before, you could try it again but this time while logging your intake here. BUT, instead of getting to the end and saying "whew, that's over" continue logging food and slowing taking responsibility for yourself.

You did it before and I know you can do it again!

volleyballgranny 12-01-2011 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Clicker187 (Post 62275)
Over 5 years ago I tried Lindora Diet. Lindora is a diet program in Southern California. The 10 week plan includes: medical over-site, daily weigh-ins (with council), exercise monitoring, daily b12 shots, and high protein/low carb diet. During the initial 10 weeks I lost 58 pounds and continued to loose 30 more pounds. Today I have gained it all back and searching for a new plan to get it off and keep it off.

Jt

I did Lindora through Amway. It was great! In the long run, it did not limit the carbs enough for me. As hypoglycemic (at the time) and diabetic (just diagnosed this month), I have to keep it lower than 100 per day. I loved Lindora, though. It works.

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 62525)
Great advice, 1dwing.

And using FitDay as your "new plan" will work, so long as you put in the effort and keep at it.

FitDay really helps--and do the Journal part, too...not just the foods. You can also log activity.

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 62528)
If lindora worked before, you could try it again but this time while logging your intake here. BUT, instead of getting to the end and saying "whew, that's over" continue logging food and slowing taking responsibility for yourself.

You did it before and I know you can do it again!

Maintaining weight loss requires a lifestyle change--whether you do Lindora, Atkins, South Beach, or the PINK diet (newest rage). You just have to make up your mind that some of your favorites (French fries, for me) are non-food.

Millions of people around the world don't eat pork or shellfish or something for religious reasons--it is non-food. In our lives, there is food or non-food. I would be more likely to heat a rock than I would a piece of pork--it is non-food. Before this journey is over, bread will be a non-food for me, too!

PS: I have already substituted fried turnips (Julienned) or jicama (julienned) for the French fries--French fries are non-food!