Notices
Like Tree3Likes

I need a good diet

Old 01-10-2012, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

seems that still get replys on this thread.

i just wanna say i've joined hebal magic, i tihnk it's canadian only weight-loss center. i've been with them snice the end of october and i've lost just over 20lbs snice then.

it's mostly based on limited potions of food in different food groups, protine, fruits, veggies, starch, dairy, one free exchange( which can be low cal snacks, or stuff like pasta sauce, salad dressing, low fat mayo, wine etc.), and then 2 meal replacements a day.

all i have to do is write down what i eat in a handy journal they give you.

they also of a guide to eatting out which helps in making the right choices if i have to go out to eat. i can ay i've only gone out for food twice snice i've started, and i don't really miss it much.

i still have a long way to go, and an empity wallet to show for it. (program isn't cheap)
Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi I am new to this forum but thought I would share what has worked really well for me. I use the 17 day diet. I only purchased the book (they have dvds & food) and have found it sensible and easy to follow. I found my book on ebay at a great cost savings.

In regards to some previous posts here regarding portion sizes, the owner of the gym I go to goes by this rule & it works GREAT!

You do use your hand to judge portion sizes but (hopefully I can explain this properly without showing ya'll in person) You make a fist... then partially open it so that where your fingers are all bent still but level with your arm.... then you do an imaginary chop (of course lol) where your main hand knuckles are without including the thumb.... this is the formula you can use to judge your portion size

If I need to post a pic to help folks understand I would be more than happy to.

Happy Trails!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Exercise. Exercise. Exercise. That is the way forward!! I foud my perfect diet at Worked for me and you get a free gym membership trial if you go to the offers page too.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-11-2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: link removed
Old 02-25-2012, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yunalee
my eatting ha gone to xxxx

No problem spelling the profanity I see.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Eat fruits and avoid Breads
Old 05-05-2012, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Look at the Dukan diet. This is a process that has fairly recently hit the states after being wildly popular in France and Canada. Its aim is to "cure" being overweight by stepping you through several phases that basically train you how to eat and exercise right. I started it. I'm in the first phase, the "attack" phase, which is all lean proteins and no fat dairy, but as much as you want. You also have to drink a lot of water, 1.5 to 2 quarts/day. And have 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran per day, which can be cooked in a galette or you can have it as regular cereal. 20 minutes of exercise such as brisk walking per day. Attack phase is a short, motivating phase that only lasts from 2-10 days, depending on your situation. After 5 days, I've lost 11 pounds, and that is including a cheating episode.

I'm now planning to extend my attack phase for two more days before moving into the "cruise" phase, which is the phase that takes you to your weight. In that phase, you alternate between days with lean protein and veggies and days with just lean proteins. Increase oat bran to 2 tablespoons a day. Some people alternate days 5/5, some people do 3/3, some 1/1. I haven't decided which, but doubt I could do 5/5 because I don't like meat that much. Seafood has been my saving grace during attack because I love it. During cruise, you up exercise to 30 minutes per day.

After "cruise" phase, there's the "stabilization" phase, which lasts 5 days for every pound you lost during cruise, where you stop alternating days and eat lean and veggies each day, add in fruit one serving per day, 2 slices of whole grain bread per day, 1.5 oz of cheese per day, and during the first half of your phase, 1 starchy food per week and one celebration meal per week (appetizer, main, dessert and wine or other drink, whatever you want but only one serving of each), during the second half of the phase, 2 starchy foods per week and 2 celebration meals per week. Continue with 2 tablespoons of oat bran per day. The key to is that you must commit to one pure protein-only day per week, which is what keeps you level. Exercise 25 min. per day.

Finally, consolidation. You swear to take no elevators or escalators when stairs are available for the rest of your life, and continue the above but up the oat bran to 3 tablespoons per day and exercise at least 20 minutes per day.

I'm sure it sounds complicated, but if you read the book, you get the reasons for it all and when you do it, it has quite the effect of showing you how your body reacts to different foods. It will be interesting to see what happens to both my body and moods when I add in veggies, not to mention later down the line when a few simple carbs come in. For now its just interesting experiencing the process. I find my affect to be more flat on the attack phase.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dysonsphere
I read that as... been stuffing my face, help me, don't give me anything that is hard work.

Good luck with that.
I got the same thing...you can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results. If you don't change habits, you will yo-yo. Even on WW, you will experience portion size creep. In my opinion, the best thing to do is retrain your brain--stop thinking of wheat and sugar as foods. There was no bread bush in the garden of Eden...nor was there a donut tree.

PS: Read Wheat Belly...portion size helps, but there comes a time when some foods need to be eliminated from your daily diet. Some things are supposed to be treats, not staples.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

Having a diet that is low fat but not exactly fat free, rich in vitamins, and very high in fiber. It is important to have a good diet, a moderate exercise program, and to have at least 1800 calories a day when breastfeeding, to keep you and the baby healthy. Thanks a lot.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Rubystars
Even the diets that don't have you directly count calories still reduce your calories. I'm on the fitday diet. Basically I log EVERYTHING I eat.
First time I've heard of the Fitday Diet! That's exactly what I've done and have had great results too!

Log all foods. My custom food list is huge.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thumbs up Diet of ME

I have been on just about every diet in the past and have decided that none of them are 100% reliable. Once you get off of the diet, the weight comes back because they have not taught you the most important thing...changing behavior.
I made the decision to start tracking everything I eat and use myself as a test dummy. I changed one thing and recorded how it made me feel and how it affected my body for a week. I then kept it or ditched it. After 3 or 4 months I came upon the things that work for my body.
I eat in what can be called a Paleo style: About a pound of protien from natural sources for each pound of lean weight and less than 150 carbs (higher on the days that I exercise) a day. I no longer eat any wheat of any kind because I found out it was giving me stomach issues and I limit dairy. Most of my carbs come from fruits and veggies, with some rice and corn every once in while.
Probably most surprising is that I dont worry about fat at all. My body does fine on a higher fat diet (40% or more). The fat I eat comes from red meat, eggs and olive oil for the salads that I eat every day.

All of this is to say that you can only rely on others to tell you how to lose weight for so long. You eventually have to make the behavioral changes within yourself if you want to stop struggling with keeping it off.

Height: 6'2"
Current weight: 199 lbs
Bodyt Fat %: 15%
Total Loss: 45 lbs
Time Kept Off (This Time): 4 yrs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.