Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
The I'm Not Following a Specific Diet - Diet >

The I'm Not Following a Specific Diet - Diet

Community
Notices

The I'm Not Following a Specific Diet - Diet

Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

SpdRcrChk, I was so excited when i read your post. I was pleased for you for your wonderful weight loss and you didn't count calories did you? I was pleased because someone out there understands. I was also enthused because I could forget my depressing encounter with a typical physician who really knows her low fat and the SAD (Standard American Diet).

Of course, she has never heard of Gary Taubes (Good Calories, Bad Calories) or Tom Naughton and his Fat Head Film. And I suddenly realized that you maybe interested in knowing about the next Low Carb Cruise [www.lowcarbcruiseinfo.com] in May next year. Both Gary and Tom are coming as speakers! Tom was a comedian before he did the film and we've been blessed to share this aspect of his character for several years now on the cruise.

I've found the cruise great for learning more about low carb diets and next year there's a great list of speakers, different programs in like Slow Burn exercises and Zumba, cook book writers. Simply by coming to the evening meals (you get to pick anything from the menu) you can't help but be invigorated by others at various stages in their low carb programs including some who've been doing it for decades.

Last edited by Oz-09; 07-14-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: only printed 1/2 my text. my fault
Old 07-14-2011, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Anyone who's looking for a fantastic way to lose weight, to stop counting calories, and to feel really good would do well to look at the Fat Head film and read Gary Taubes' books. Yes. His 2nd book was published this year, Why We Get Fat and What to do About it, is well worth looking at!

And maybe, if you can, think about the coming on the Low Carb Cruise in May 2012.. It's a fun way of learning more, asking questions and meeting all sorts of people at various stages from a long life time commitment to a simply interested, to an accompanying partner of a low carber. And the best thing is you get to choose what you eat. No one makes you eat low carb!