Community
Notices

Atkins

Old 03-05-2010, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

I am on Atkins and loving it !
Old 03-05-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

It was good to read your message. Since I started Atkins I do not have the desire to always take a nap in the afternoon! You know, the "slump" you have in the afternoon. It is finally gone! I am tired a little by five or so, but I feel different being off alot of carbs. I still eat a square of dark chocolate to curb my chocolate addiction and that seems to work for me.

Also, in not eating breads, pasta...it seems like I do not have IBS symptoms as much anymore. I think Atkins is a good choice...you feel like you have more liberty in what you can eat.

Rachel
Old 03-05-2010, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

I started trying to lose about 50 pounds a few months before Christmas through the Weight Watchers at Work program in my office. I'd been roughly following that plan for awhile without seeing much in the way of results. I lost a total of 7 or 8 pounds in two and a half months (not much). I was getting fed up with the slow weight loss and counting points so I figured it was time to switch plans.

I'd done Atkins in the past with limited success but after awhile, the weight loss would slow and I would give up so I was reluctant to try it again but I was really feeling like I needed to get serious about my weight. On January 15th, 2010 I started Atkins again but this time I was determined to do it correctly. I started induction with a vengeance, being diligent about keeping my carbs under 20grams per day. I lost about 5 pounds in two weeks—better then on Weight Watchers but still not what I was expecting. I started searching the Atkins discussion boards for help. I found a great hint from a woman trying to get past a plateau and I thought "Hey... that's not a bad idea!" and decided to try it.

What she suggested is that you monitor you carb, protein and fat percentages each day to ensure you get the right break down. You should be eating approximately 60-70% fat, 20-30% protein and 5% carbs. I put all my food into FitDay until I got the percentages correct and you know what? It works! It works REALLY well. I've been following this formula now for 30 days without a single cheat. I've lost a total of 16 pounds in just one month! I am shocked but I’m going to keep going as long as it continues to work for me. I posted this in the hopes that it might encourage others who are not experiencing fast weight loss on Atkins. Try it! Maybe it might work for you too!
Old 03-06-2010, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

I lost 20 pounds so far on atkins and will start induction again after I enjoy my lowcarb birthday cake but I know`not to go crazy.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by mrsrs
i started trying to lose about 50 pounds a few months before christmas through the weight watchers at work program in my office. I'd been roughly following that plan for awhile without seeing much in the way of results. I lost a total of 7 or 8 pounds in two and a half months (not much). I was getting fed up with the slow weight loss and counting points so i figured it was time to switch plans.
This sounds great maybe i should do it!

i'd done atkins in the past with limited success but after awhile, the weight loss would slow and i would give up so i was reluctant to try it again but i was really feeling like i needed to get serious about my weight. On january 15th, 2010 i started atkins again but this time i was determined to do it correctly. I started induction with a vengeance, being diligent about keeping my carbs under 20grams per day. I lost about 5 pounds in two weeks—better then on weight watchers but still not what i was expecting. I started searching the atkins discussion boards for help. I found a great hint from a woman trying to get past a plateau and i thought "hey... That's not a bad idea!" and decided to try it.

What she suggested is that you monitor you carb, protein and fat percentages each day to ensure you get the right break down. You should be eating approximately 60-70% fat, 20-30% protein and 5% carbs. I put all my food into fitday until i got the percentages correct and you know what? It works! It works really well. I've been following this formula now for 30 days without a single cheat. I've lost a total of 16 pounds in just one month! I am shocked but i’m going to keep going as long as it continues to work for me. I posted this in the hopes that it might encourage others who are not experiencing fast weight loss on atkins. Try it! Maybe it might work for you too!
will start next week i am turning 30 and plan do eat right.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

Originally Posted by rachelsdream
it was good to read your message. Since i started atkins i do not have the desire to always take a nap in the afternoon! You know, the "slump" you have in the afternoon. It is finally gone! I am tired a little by five or so, but i feel different being off alot of carbs. I still eat a square of dark chocolate to curb my chocolate addiction and that seems to work for me.

Also, in not eating breads, pasta...it seems like i do not have ibs symptoms as much anymore. I think atkins is a good choice...you feel like you have more liberty in what you can eat.

rachel
wait a few weeks and try ithonly whole foods/ no chocolate you will lose more weight
Old 03-10-2010, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hello again its day one for me, my start weight is 200 pounds an d i wear a size 16 does anyone want to join me in posting meals and weigh ins.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Red face

Originally Posted by dejamama
I lost 20 pounds so far on atkins and will start induction again after I enjoy my lowcarb birthday cake but I know`not to go crazy.
I HAD TO QUOTE MY SELF, I DID GO ALL OUT AT MY B-DAY PARTY PIZZA AND ALL.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gnattylove
I am doing a modified version of Atkins. I eat 20 carbs or less for 3 days then on day four I eat higher carbs. Not bad carbs but apples, bananas, whole grain bread, oatmeal, etc. Then go back to three days under 20 carbs. It has helped me stay on the diet and I am actually losing weight like crazy. I was having long plateaus on just doing 20 carbs or less a day. I can stick to this better because I know I can have the higher carb fruits and veggies and that forth day.

Hope this helps,
Natalie
This sounds like a great idea. I've just started this today. I think I will try it this way for a while - I can hold out longer with one day of limited carbs than trying to do "none. forever..." :-) I quit smoking last summer and gained 30 lbs and now - since Christmas I've lost 12 but - still need to lose another 25 - (I was a little over where I want to be when I quit smoking) - because I'm getting married July 10th and that's coming faster than you can imagine.

Hope to check in here often.

culli
Old 03-11-2010, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by cullicocopop
this sounds like a great idea. I've just started this today. I think i will try it this way for a while - i can hold out longer with one day of limited carbs than trying to do "none. Forever..." :-) i quit smoking last summer and gained 30 lbs And now - since christmas i've lost 12 but - still need to lose another 25 - (i was a little over where i want to be when i quit smoking) - because i'm getting married july 10th and that's coming faster than you can imagine.

Hope to check in here often.

Culli
congrats on getting married, i hope i could say i do one day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.