Community
Notices

Atkins

Old 05-18-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default 3 Weeks on Atkins

I started on Atkins on April 27th after weighing 220 at the doctors office and being told that I'm obese. She suggested a no white diet. So I'm doing this. The only things that I eat that are "off limits" on Atkins are apples, carrots and some popcorn. This is week 3 and I've lost 12lbs with no additional exercise. I plan to start incorporating some exercising in this week. I've learned to like grilled flounder and vegetables. It's not as hard as I thought it would be.

The first week, I felt weak and tired but I'm past that and am feeling pretty good.

My goal is 165 and I hope to hit that by October.

The Atkins works but it's not something for short term, be careful or you will gain the weight back.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

I'm with Freedom - I've been "sloppy".

The posts here are encouraging though so I started logging into the food journal again.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

ive been on Atkins about four different times. Ive always done well on it. One year, I had lost 60 pounds on it.

However, my issue with Atkins is that whenever I eat anything that is bready, I act like a drug addict addicted to bread or something. Whenever I count calories, I don't struggle with this issue.

Ive seen a lot of success on and a lot of failures. It all depends on your resolve. i wish you all well!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

hi. im visiting the atkins diet for the second time. before i lost around two stone, looked great, but got back into my old habits. i want to lose the fat again and keep it off by eating healthy and regular exercise, but i need a quick fix because i feel so miserable as i am. I weigh 11st 10 and im 5ft 6in, so not massive but 9st/9st 6 is my ideal weight. I have lost three pounds in three days and feel better about myself already. My special treat is squirty cream, the cream you get in the aerosol can, its low in carbs, about 8 carbs a large bowl. this is my sweet treat, i even have it for breakfast sometimes, ha ha. you feel really naughty eating it but its ok because of the low carb contents.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jhkoenig
Hey, Anna, it is the same with me. One bit of bread and my Atkins plans are out the window. Our daughter was recently diagnosed with Celiac disease, so we don't have "real" bread in the house any more. That helps a bit, but when I'm out to eat that bread bowl calls to me.

Does anyone have a strategy that works for them? Just saying NO isn't working very well.
How long have you been on Atkins and what rung are you on. If you follow it properly, those cravings usually go away for most, or at least get less strong.
So when I walk past freshly baked baguette or sweet rolls at the grocery, they call out my name, but now it is more of a "whisper" than a "shout out".
Old 07-02-2011, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by luvlowkarb
How long have you been on Atkins and what rung are you on. If you follow it properly, those cravings usually go away for most, or at least get less strong.
So when I walk past freshly baked baguette or sweet rolls at the grocery, they call out my name, but now it is more of a "whisper" than a "shout out".
I have 100 lbs to lose and am on day 2 of low carb..so far so good! I have read in several places that you can deduct the fiber count from the carb count, is this true? Obviously I am still in the induction stage and I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:02 PM
FitDay Member

hi, yes you can take off the fibre count from the carbs. im still on the induction period, and lost 6 pounds in a week..drastic I know. I have done the atkins diet before and lost two stone. but my bad habits and wine tasting crept back. i want to lose the weight again and maintain this by exercise..which I have begun at the gym, and limiting carbs and the wine. feeling better everyday. have tried limiting to 1200 calories a day on other diets but my job is just too busy for that and im hungry.good luck, keep in touch.x
Old 07-06-2011, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I found my book at a thrift store for 25 cents. That was 8 years ago. I went from 244 pounds to 183 and stayed there for 2 years on a modified low carb eating regimin . Then I got throat cancer and all during the weeks of radiation when I could not eat and the Onco wanted me to gain weight I had an instant breakfast drink full of vanilla ice cream about 5 times a day.

Needless to say in no time I gained back up to 216 and when I felt good again went back on WOE and got down to 163 and stayed there for 6 years. Lately I have been sliding back into my old carb habits and this morning weighed 175. errrrrrrrrr So I know the solution and I'm back on plan, back on fitday and ready to win. For me Atkins is the only way to go.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

does anyone out there know why it is that atkins does not seem to work as well the second ot third time around? my first try years ago it seemed like a metabolic meltdown...25 lbs in 4 weeks...i have tried faithfully twice over the last year and first time only lost 3 lbs, then nothing for 3 weeks. second time i lost nothing at all over 3 weeks. is there some reason for this??
Old 07-18-2011, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

I am also new to Atkins and this site. I Cannot figure out how to delete foods from todays log. Need to read up on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.