Notices

Atkins

Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

I went up on net carbs and calories again yesterday because I was so excited about good news; still my calories were way below my maintenance and I am increasing my exercise. I had the Atkins basic pancakes this morning and the syrup used up half of my net carbs budget. I am thinking of making my own zero carb syrup. I will have to eat carbless meat and green veggies the rest of the day. I have added blackberries and they are really satisfying. I will try to keep net carbs averaging 25 in OWL for a week and then see if I can add nuts and creep up to 30. I feel great now, going to explore the entrance to a small mountain day hike. I will go on a day hike tomorrow plus walk a dog 30 minutes and ride a stationary bike 20. I will work outside more and more.
I have lost 12 pounds in two weeks. When I lie flat I can now se my ... er ... you know what over my stomach.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lil.oh.me
How would that work Richard? Just through email or what?

Yes, Holly it does begin now. As Richard stated earlier, it all begins by simply starting over again. Great thing about it is, as long as you live, each day is a new opportunity. Never too late.

Your losses must have been hard. I've done the divorce thing. Among other horrible things. Let's decide not to give any of it any more power.

SO HOW DO WE ALL, THAT INCLUDES YOU TOO TERRI, SUPERSIZE THIS SUPPORT GROUP? IDEAS? I AM TOO YOUNG AND SEXY TO BE FAT!
I like your thinking! I am not sure how to supersize this group.. I just happened upon it. It seems like we have all been through bad times and use food to comfort us. That is something I definitely need to stop. I too am in a place where I have decided to take back the power I have given to food and empower myself to look good. I have also decided that I want to look good for me and I am not doing this for anyone else. Though I have a very supportive husband(my second marriage), I have to focus on losing the weight and feeling healthier for me because that is what makes me happy. I hope we can support each other through the good times and bad.

I like your idea about whipped cream with cinnamin. I too eat the sf jello with whipped cream! Yum!

Last night, I tried jicama sauteed in butter and sprinkled with cinnamin and apple pie spice. It tasted yummy, kind of like spiced, warm, crunchy apples.

I am trying to explore a variety of foods to keep me interested and not bored so that I can stick to this way of eating. This is not a diet but a way of life!!!

Let's keep in touch and motivate each other to do this right!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by hollyj89
I am beginning, once again, to live a healthier life and Atkins seems to be the only program that works for me.

Ten years ago I lost 85 lbs on Atkins, but sadly, like you Richard, I lost not just one, but both of my parents within 10 months of each other, AND I went through a long nasty divorce. Of course, with all of the stress, I lost my momentum, and ate myself back to my original weight, and beyond. I now have hypertension, diabetes, and other health issues. I have basically been killing myself with my food addiction.

My life begins NOW. I have already lost 4 lbs, and I am thankful for this site to give me all the bells and whistles I need to encourage myself (love those charts). I wish all of you luck, whatever program you are on. If anyone needs a "partner in crime", to get us through the rough spots and celebrate our victories, I'm here. Holly
Sorry about your losses. Death(s) make us change into different people. A month before my mom died my best childhood friend died. A week after my best friend in the state died and when at his funeral in San Jose I lost the relationship with my adopted niece, the only relative I have on this side of the continent. I trimmed down to 191 to get in a dark suit for mom's burial but my brother was a real jerk with the probate. I gained back to 221 but lost 11 pounds in 12 days. This time I am doing it for ME.

Hey, hang in there. I have some great news I would like to share with you.
I would consider being diet buddies with you. Do you have a Yahoo Account?
Rick
Old 05-21-2010, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

207 on bathroom scale this morning, down from 221 two weeks agao. Calories yesterday 1,774, Net carbs 35. Still losing because calories are over 1,000 below maintence. Feel good, more energized. Hope to take 2 hour hike today with diet buddy but she may stand me up. Beginning to work on production of 10 minute play in October.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

YAY Richard!!! Congratulations on your loss. Yay!! I am sooooooo happy for you!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lil.oh.me
YAY Richard!!! Congratulations on your loss. Yay!! I am sooooooo happy for you!
I appreciate your enthusiastic encouragement and positive feed back. Really! You don't know how much it means to me.

Yesterday I took my family and granddaughter to the Quicksilver Miniature Horse Ranch in Solvang and toured several shops there. The healthiest lunch I could find was a Caesar salad; it added 17 carbs to my quota putting me over 25 net carbs at 37.9 but I may have counted the parmesan cheese twice and croutons when I had them held. But calories for the day were only 1,860 and I weighted 206 on the bathroom scale this morning, continuing to lose. I will ask my diet buddy this afternoon if I can go to 30 and add nuts. I did not feel like doing the exercise bike until 7 pm and by then the gym was closed, and I did not walk a dog so may receive additional punishments. I will use the bike and steam room and shower this morning and walk a dog. I will go to my new spiritual center and work on my outside 10 x 20' canopy this afternoon.

Good luck to you and keep the faith.
Rick
Old 05-23-2010, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Richard, I would be glad to be your weight loss buddy. Once again, I'm sorry to hear about all you have had to deal with. The sibling thing is frequently ugly when it comes to the death of a parent. If you are anything like me, your response to that sort of stress is to comfort yourself with food. I just need to learn to not give in to allowing food to be my comfort and stress reliever.

I do have a yahoo account olliehay9 on there and for my email too. I look forward to communicating with you and supporting you in this endeavor.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Richard, I would be glad to be your weight loss buddy. Once again, I'm sorry to hear about all you have had to deal with. The sibling thing is frequently ugly when it comes to the death of a parent. If you are anything like me, your response to that sort of stress is to comfort yourself with food. I just need to learn to not give in to allowing food to be my comfort and stress reliever.

I do have a yahoo account olliehay9 on there and for my email too. I look forward to communicating with you and supporting you in this endeavor.
100% wonderful. I will IM you offline. Yeah, I overdid the comfort food thing but am down to 203 from 221 in 15 days and feel great. Much more active and have hunger pangs and nutrition under control. Joined an athletic club and going about every day and walking a dog every day. Had a 2 hour hike with elevation loss and gain yesterday. Good luck to you.
Rick
Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RichardBuckner
100% wonderful. I will IM you offline. Yeah, I overdid the comfort food thing but am down to 203 from 221 in 15 days and feel great. Much more active and have hunger pangs and nutrition under control. Joined an athletic club and going about every day and walking a dog every day. Had a 2 hour hike with elevation loss and gain yesterday. Good luck to you.

Holly I have sent several IMs to you when you are on Yahoo but do not receive responses.

I ate over 2,500 calories yesterday and twice my quota of net carbs but am doing much better today. I am about caught up on my extra exercises and walking the dogs. I just HAD to have some carbs and ate a bowl of rice krispies. 204 on the bathroom scale this morning.

Lengthening 1 char.
OK
Old 05-27-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry guys I haven't been present. I think I'm a little discouraged. I know my hot spots--the weekends. Talking about over indulging!!!!

Last edited by lil.oh.me; 05-27-2010 at 05:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.