Notices

Atkins

Old 05-14-2010, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by terribear27
Thanks! I am still doing the induction phase too. I am planning on hanging around this sight for a while. It is helping to keep me on my toes, watching what I am eating, especially calorie wise.
Originally Posted by RichardBuckner
We are about the same place in our diets. Do you know how I can request that a fitday member be a friend so we can see each other's public journal entries? Message me if you want about starting over.
RichardBuckner
Hey guys! Sorry, at work trying to read, reply, and oh yeah--do work. LOL! Well, welcome RB. I am not sure how to start a new thread. Still trying to figure the site out. Not as easy as some I've seen, but I like it.

Next--TerriB, in your post you mentioned keeping up with calories. Did you mean carbs or are calories? I ask because calories are supposed to be a lower priority, shall we say, than keeping up with carbs. Please hip me to what you mean. Maybe I need to follow suit.

Also, I feel so much better this day 3. I was an evil person yesterday. Just felt tense. But, I feel much relieved and more energetic today. Well, perhaps I will do the keto stick in the morning to see if I'm in ketosis yet. I believe so.

Are you guys using the sticks? What about supplements? And, I still can't make myself get on a scale. How to overcome this feeling? Any takers on that one? LOL!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lil.oh.me
Hey guys! Sorry, at work trying to read, reply, and oh yeah--do work. LOL! Well, welcome RB. I am not sure how to start a new thread. Still trying to figure the site out. Not as easy as some I've seen, but I like it.

Next--TerriB, in your post you mentioned keeping up with calories. Did you mean carbs or are calories? I ask because calories are supposed to be a lower priority, shall we say, than keeping up with carbs. Please hip me to what you mean. Maybe I need to follow suit.

Also, I feel so much better this day 3. I was an evil person yesterday. Just felt tense. But, I feel much relieved and more energetic today. Well, perhaps I will do the keto stick in the morning to see if I'm in ketosis yet. I believe so.

Are you guys using the sticks? What about supplements? And, I still can't make myself get on a scale. How to overcome this feeling? Any takers on that one? LOL!
Hey!
I count carbs and calories. Though carbs are more restricted. My goal is to stay under 1800 calories so I can maximize weight loss. Sometimes I go over but most of the time I am under. I also try not to do less than 1200 because if you don't eat enough your body will store the fat and not burn it. Fit Day tells you how many calories you can eat to keep up with your weight loss goals.

I do take supplements but have not gone to the ketone sticks yet. But I do feel energized and much better than when I was eating all the carbs. I am going to stick with it this time!

Keep in touch!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by viridiann
Anyone doing ATKINS diet?
Yes I am on 5th day of induction. It is hard but I am approaching 20 net carbs per day. I will be a diet buddy to you if you want.

I need to know how to see responses to my replies that I made yesterday.

I need to know how to initiate a thread myself.

Can any one help on the above two questions?
Rick
Old 05-15-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Atkins, thread, diet buddy

I use the sticks, not every day. I have had 2 readings moderate one small (yesterday I did not exercise much, had a little cold and overate). I have had to start using Altoidsw (non caloric breath mints and lots of Act II mouthwash.

Don't weigh every day--say weekly about the same time and day. I have a not online diet buddy look at the scale and get rewarded or punished according to whether I have lost a quota or not. I am looking for an online diet buddy but do not know how to link up with a fitday member as "friends." Maybe you have to pay for that service. Does anyone know? FitDay is unresponsive to feedback. What you see is what you get. I do not know how to initiate a thread; does anyone?

Yesterday was my worst day but I am bouncing back. Will work out at the gym, trim trees, make fruit syrup and walk 5 miles on the beach this weekend. Any one in Ventura County care to join me on walks?
Rick
Old 05-16-2010, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday, ending first week of induction, I got below 1,000 calories trying to get net carbes to 20; I achieved about 21 or 22. I was so weak, agitated and headachy I thought "This is rediculous, I need more food." I ate some walnuts, more reminiscent of OWL, and a date that completely blew my nc up to 29. Perhaps I would do better at OWL 25 nc to avoid the hunger and sedentery life. People are individuals. I will try until Tuesday to hit the 20 nc and then try the menus in the book "The New Atkins for a New You," then most definitly move on to OWL. I have lost 6 pounds and will see how much I have lost by the end of the second week. I would be comfortable at a pound a week. I am upping my exercise provided I am not weak. Anyone want to walk with me on the beach at Channel Islands Harbor?
Old 05-17-2010, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning guys! I didn't do THAT badly over the weekend, but I did do some sabotaging stuff. That's ok, I'm back. BEWARE THE CARB SMART ICE CREAM BARS. It was impossible to eat just one a day. This is the second time I've tried to do this and ate the box. Whew!

Terri--Cool, I got a lot from your post. Thank you. I do the ketosis sticks and supplements. This time around, I have not started either yet. I will keep you guys posted.

Richard--I will find a way to work this site and let you know. Looks like you're having major technical difficulties. Truthfully, I have not taken the time on the site to find the answers to your questions. Will try. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near your area.

I will get back to you guys in a few. Project due at noon. UGH!!
Old 05-17-2010, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Progress on Atkins

Good morning guys! I didn't do THAT badly over the weekend, but I did do some sabotaging stuff. That's ok, I'm back. BEWARE THE CARB SMART ICE CREAM BARS. It was impossible to eat just one a day. This is the second time I've tried to do this and ate the box. Whew!

Terri--Cool, I got a lot from your post. Thank you. I do the ketosis sticks and supplements. This time around, I have not started either yet. I will keep you guys posted.

Richard--I will find a way to work this site and let you know. Looks like you're having major technical difficulties. Truthfully, I have not taken the time on the site to find the answers to your questions. Will try. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near your area.

I will get back to you guys in a few. Project due at noon. UGH!!
For the second day I ate about 25 net carbs and 1,250 calories, not enough calories. But the terrible hunger pangs have subsided. I am losing inches on my waist even though the weight loss has slowed down. I think I am going to be able to do this. I am increasing my physical activity. Anybody in L A want to go on long walks on the beach at Channel Islands Harbor with me?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by viridiann
Anyone doing ATKINS diet?
I am
Old 05-18-2010, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

So, Richard, tell us about yourself? Why are you trying to lose weight? What got you to this point, you think? Other stuff...

Also, did you post in the men's forum? They may have extra help for you because, as you know, men and women lose differently. I am looking for all the help I can get. I have had a little something extra everyday--like shelled peanuts. Am I purposely sabotaging myself?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

So, Richard, tell us about yourself? Why are you trying to lose weight? What got you to this point, you think? Other stuff...

Also, did you post in the men's forum? They may have extra help for you because, as you know, men and women lose differently. I am looking for all the help I can get. I have had a little something extra everyday--like shelled peanuts. Am I purposely sabotaging myself?
I ate a lot of nuts including peanuts I shelled up until reallygoing on the Induction phase. Walnuts seem to be a trigger. Also, it looks like I am going to have to give up dairy entirely including cream in my coffee and whipped cream on sugar free jello for one more week of induction. I find it very difficult to maintain 20 Net carbs and have settled out at about 25. My calories are very low, much less than the 1,850 that would allow me to lose 2 pounds a week. I have found it hard to have physical activity in the afternoon; I feel week and lack of energy. Yesterday I developed hives, took a benedryl and was conked out for the rest of the afternoon. My diet buddy is extremely important to me; I wish I could walk/exercise with her. I think I am going to think of the next week as a combination of induction and OWL and substitute blueberries for dairy products and nuts and allow 25 net carbs and be more physically active all day. After all the book recommends putting off more physical activity for the first two weeks of induction. I had a little virus Thursday and that totally disrupted my eating plan but I have tried to compensate for it since then. I think I will have lost another 2 pounds after an initial 6 pound loss and will know later today.
I will look into the men's forum. I did not know that men and women lose weight differently. I want to be in the Atkins forum.
I use every means I can imagine to trick my brain into making this fun and pleasant and not unpleasant; I play fun games, role playing and use formality (almost ritual) with my diet buddy. I trick my brain into thinking I am eating sweets by using Splenda and whipped cream. I use flavored 0 carbs soda water.
I did start exercising 20 minutes on the stationary bike yesterday. I work out an additional 40 minutes 3 times a week. I will start more sit ups, abs crunches (I have an abs roller) and push ups (I can do very few; I had a shoulder injury 3 years ago that is just healing. I hope to hire someone to help me on the yard and that will be incentive to more physical activity.
I am eating greens for breakfast or snacks, something I have never done before.
Atkins is not calorie counting, starvation or deprivation; it is just net carb counting.
I have to go work out and see my diet buddy. I will tell you more about myself and how I got here in a message later.
I will help you all I can; hope you can help me too.
Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.