Notices

Atkins

Old 04-19-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Michelle,

I'm on the "new" Atkins diet as well. So far it has worked very well. I choose to stay in Induction for a little longer. After a little under four weeks I've dropped 22 of the 50 pounds I need to get rid of.

I plan on transitioning to the next stage (Ongoing weight loss) in the next week or so.

Good luck!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

I did Atkins for a long time and it initially helped me lose a lot of weight. I went from over 300 to about 250 but then held steady permanently at 250.

I think the bottom line is that fat holds a lot of calories and with unlimited fat calories I just held my own.

I think that low carbs is definitely a winning diet strategy but you need to limit fat and or total calories eventually.

I've since cut down on the fat and went higher protein and that helped me lose another 50 lbs. I'm currently using BFFM and find it very logical/intuitive.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mandystevens1990
i'm getting married in july, too

congrats Mandy!

I'm still plugging in there. had a bad shock when I realized I had NOT lost the 12 lbs - or had gained it back fooling around and cheating through March. No more. I'm really on the program now and people are asking me if I'm losing weight.

YAY!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to Atkins - Getting married :)

Hi everyone! It seems like you have such a great group of motivators here and that is what I need I am just starting Atkins ... I am only on Day 2 today but am so excited about it. I am getting married in September and really would like to lose at LEAST 20 pounds, but hopefully 30. I am excited to get to know everyone and help support in any way I can! Have a wonderful day
Old 05-06-2010, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

I am... love it
Old 05-07-2010, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb

Hi everyone,
doing Atkins too here, 4 weeks - lost 11 kg, many more to go.

try this MiM from Atkins.com

Ingredients:

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
1 teaspoon butter

Directions:

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.

Stir.

Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.

Cream cheese would go nicely, too.

The shape of this can be changed by making it in a bowl.

It can be "toasted" once it's cooked.

The cinnamon can be replaced. I would imagine that any sugar free syrup could be added.

Some people count the flax as a carb/fiber wash, so then the net carbs would be 2.78.

I replaced cinnamon with unsweetened cocoa powder (1 tsp - 0,4 net carbs according to the book), yummy
Old 05-08-2010, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default New today to fitday

I am restarting Atkins after years of weight gain from the time I lost weight on the program. However, I chose Atkins again because the program is the only one that gave me energy, diminished my hunger and saw weight loss results unlike any other program. At the time, I was able to keep the weight off for 6 years as long as I stuck to the program and incorporated an exercise routine. It does work! My weight loss success story was published in a book, which book is very motivating. Great motivational stories about people who have lost weight and how they keep in off. I encourage all to read the book and its successor book entitled:

Thin for Life by Anne Fletcher and
Eating Think for Life by Anne Fletcher (Nutritionist)

Hope we can all encourage one another from this day forward. thanks all.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Restarting Atkins too. Let's motivate each other!
Old 05-08-2010, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Same for me
Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

I to am starting Atkins again after losing 125 lbs on it back in 2005 but have since gained it all back and then some ugggh. I have managed to lose 50 lbs before starting Atkins but it seems I need that extra push and Atkins is it.

Let's motivate each other like another posts said. I am so happy I found this site, it's great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.