Notices

Atkins

Old 01-11-2012, 06:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Sounds interesting; when I break 190 I might try it for a while.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I am doing modified Atkins. I have trouble controlling hunger at supper time and after. I have great difficulty achieving 40 net carbs, much less 20 and keeping calories under 1800. I should be losing a pound a week.
I would like to have a diet buddy; my post to this effect was moved to a diet buddy thread. I am reposting here. I have had no hits.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by laughing_man_lee
I am doing modified Atkins. I have trouble controlling hunger at supper time and after. I have great difficulty achieving 40 net carbs, much less 20 and keeping calories under 1800. I should be losing a pound a week.
I would like to have a diet buddy; my post to this effect was moved to a diet buddy thread. I am reposting here. I have had no hits.
Are you on facebook? We have a great Atkins support group there...if you are getting enough protein (based on height) and fat, you should not be feeling hungry. I had trouble with habit-grazing after dinner until I had to start checking my blood sugar two hours after dinner. Now I have few problems not eating after dinner until I check my blood sugar--then I have to wait 8 hours for the fasting check in the morning, so I don't have a late night snack any more. But, it is imperative that you get enough protein and HEALTHY fats in your diet to kill the hunger.

You can find a diet-buddy at the Lo-Carb Fat Camp on facebook. You can also check the fitday page on facebook--you might get a hit there.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jessica_C7
Hello!

I started the Adkins diet on Monday, today is Thursday and I havent lost any weight.
I think I might be eating to much or maybe its because i am having a cup of coffee in the morning. I dont understand.

Does anybody know how soon should I start to see results?

I ate 3 slices of turkey bacon 1 egg, 3 egg whites, and 1 cup of coffee with about 2 tbs of heavy cream and 1 equal. is this to much for breakfast?

Note ( I also drink atleast 6 to 8 16.9 oz bottles of water a day. (I refill same water bottle)
You can't do a low fat atkins. Go buy some real bacon, eat more yolk than egg, and watch the artificial sweeteners. Have you read any books by Dr. Atkins?
Old 01-14-2012, 02:17 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by volleyballgranny
Are you on facebook? We have a great Atkins support group there...if you are getting enough protein (based on height) and fat, you should not be feeling hungry. I had trouble with habit-grazing after dinner until I had to start checking my blood sugar two hours after dinner. Now I have few problems not eating after dinner until I check my blood sugar--then I have to wait 8 hours for the fasting check in the morning, so I don't have a late night snack any more. But, it is imperative that you get enough protein and HEALTHY fats in your diet to kill the hunger.

You can find a diet-buddy at the Lo-Carb Fat Camp on facebook. You can also check the fitday page on facebook--you might get a hit there.
Yes I eat enough protein and healthy fat. Thank you for very good tips. I will follow them up.
I suppose a lot of my grazing is an unhealthy response to anxiety. I am working on it. I have some real problems to work through.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Have you looked at the Primal Blueprint? It is a "natural foods" version of Atkin's and has a great website and forum for support and questions about low-carb diets.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone its Jo im a mum of 4 kiddos I'm 31yrs 5ft 2" I want to lose 40 LBs starting Atkins Monday I have done this about 2 years ago lost 21lbs and then as life does it got in the way had a relationship breakdown didnt help that my daughter was only 3 months so yeh as you guessed I started emotionally eating
BUT....
That aside blah blah lol our relationship has sort of improved over time however I still have issues with my STILL unsightly body and now I feel ready to lose this extra weight gained plus some!
you know how it goes I put the 21lbs back on and some

So its back to positive thinking as of Monday 23rd January going to enjoy the next two days freely

Good luck to you all
love Jo x

Last edited by joannag1980; 01-21-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by buzzbartholomew
Just started yesterday. Any suggestions?
Atkin's only works if you follow it strictly. ie: No dairy during induction means NO dairy - no coffee creamer, no cheese on your sandwich, no butter.
It is not a life-long diet plan. You will still have to train yourself how to eat day-to-day to maintain your losses.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jessica_C7
Hello!

I started the Adkins diet on Monday, today is Thursday and I havent lost any weight.
I think I might be eating to much or maybe its because i am having a cup of coffee in the morning. I dont understand.

Does anybody know how soon should I start to see results?

I ate 3 slices of turkey bacon 1 egg, 3 egg whites, and 1 cup of coffee with about 2 tbs of heavy cream and 1 equal. is this to much for breakfast?

Note ( I also drink atleast 6 to 8 16.9 oz bottles of water a day. (I refill same water bottle)
Some people don't have the same success on Atkins as others do. The Atkins website has loads of information for you if you follow the links.

On the left, you can get to a table of acceptable foods.
At the top, you can follow links to other phases.
Remember to count carbs AND calories. Some things just aren't worth the calories (like the creamer in your coffee) Coffee has a very nice flavor without all the additives ... you'll get used to it.

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-02-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Atkin's only works if you follow it strictly. ie: No dairy during induction means NO dairy - no coffee creamer, no cheese on your sandwich, no butter.
This does not sound like the Atkins I have been following for the last 8+ years

No cheese? no butter? I think not!!!

I agree 'no creamer' but real cream is allowed instead.

It is not a life-long diet plan. You will still have to train yourself how to eat day-to-day to maintain your losses.
Your no-dairy version might not be a life-long way of eating but following the real Atkins plan, whichever version you choose is easily a way of eating for life.

Remember the restrictions of induction are just for two weeks (Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002/3) or one week (Dr Atkins Diet Revolution 1972) and even the latest book brought out by the Atkins company in the last few years (A New Atkins for a New You) advocates moving on to add more carbs and food groups in order to make it a workable way of eating for life!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.