Notices

Atkins

Old 03-15-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Atkins For Life

I started the atkins diet 2 weeks ago and have lost 8lbs!!!! I have seen a huge difference in my body, from my problem area in my butt and thighs being less bumpy to finally being able to see my abs. My energy and moods are at an all time high! I workout 5 to 6 days a week doing total body conditioning, weight training, and spinning classes with more energy than I know what to do with! The carb cravings are 100% gone and I feel full much quicker.
Stats
Female
Current weight: 163lbs
Goal weight: 145lbs
Height: 5'9"
Activity level: Very active

Tips: First and far most READ THE BOOK!!!! Second, try to prepare all meals at home and eat about 12-15 grams of crabs from veggies. Third, always be prepared (Ex: I went to a festival and all the smells of those delicious tempting foods about swept me off my feet, but instead of picking my favorite and cheating I grabbed an atkins bar out of my purse and was more then satisfied) Fourth, find support in someone that is also following the diet.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:37 AM
Banned

Keep it up...Atkins does work!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Wink

Also just starting out on Atkins. Tried it once years ago and lost 20 lbs. I have a friend who has lost a considerable amt. of weight and Atkins was/is her secret. She seemed to dissappear before my eyes. I was eating a Paleo"ish" diet for about a year (until a recent sugar binge that threw everything off). I want to loose 45 lb. I've lost 8 after 3 days (water obviously), have finally entered the ketosis state and feel thinner. I can't wait to see the jiggling dissappear. I'm going strong on Day 6. Have been eating a little too much cheese this week I think. Averaging about 1700 cal/daily, 105g fat/ 100g protien/ 18g net carbs. Preparation is the key
Old 03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

I just starting doing Atkins 3 days ago and am staying below 20 carbs per day but am eating alot of fat and calories. Is there a limit to the amount of calories and fat you can have per day. I am very confused!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Atkins Carbs vs Calories confused

Hello. This is my 3rd day on Atkins and I have lost 1 lb. I know and understand about tracking our carbs, but what about the calories. How important are the calories when doing Atkins. I guess I just assumed that low carbs meant low calories. Truthfully I haven't paid attention to the calories. I have done Atkins before and didn't succeed, (my own fault) but now I have to make this work. Anyway, what about the calories? Should I be focusing on those numbers too? Comments please.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ptorres
Hello. This is my 3rd day on Atkins and I have lost 1 lb. I know and understand about tracking our carbs, but what about the calories. How important are the calories when doing Atkins. I guess I just assumed that low carbs meant low calories. Truthfully I haven't paid attention to the calories. I have done Atkins before and didn't succeed, (my own fault) but now I have to make this work. Anyway, what about the calories? Should I be focusing on those numbers too? Comments please.
Stick with it!!!! I started on March 8th and have lost 11 pounds!!!! Track your intake!!!!!! I am in phase 2 and eat between 22-26g of carbs a day with my calories being about 1100 or less!!! I have learned it is not about calories, but your carb count. Naturally when eating lean meats low in carbs they are going to be higher in calories, so focus on carbs not so much calories. One of the biggest things that helped me was planning my meals out in advance and sticking to that plan! I also always carry an atkins bar in my bag just in case I get a temptation or am in a situation where no Atkins friendly options exists. Drinks lots of water, avoid caffeine ( noticed it delayed weight loss for me), and excerise! The first few weeks can be a struggle, but once get over the hump you will NEVER look back!!!!!

My daily Menu (very dull I admit and isnt for everyone)
Breakfast 7:30am: 4 eggs boiled, peeled, and yolk removed. I place cheddar cheese and either salsa or hot sauce in them. Also great snack!
Snack 10:30am: 15 almonds raw
Snack 12:00: String cheese
Lunch 1:30: Green leaf lettuce, cucumber, and broccoli
2 cups of homemade egg drop soup minus soy and sesame oil
Snack 3:30: Atkins shake
Dinner: 4oz Lean meat (Chicken, lean turkey burger, flank steak, pork)
Vegetable blend with butter
*Lots and Lots of water!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

I am in phase 2 and eat between 22-26g of carbs a day with my calories being about 1100 or less!!! I have learned it is not about calories, but your carb count.
Congratulations on your weight loss so far -- it sounds like you are sticking to your plan! I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer, but I was just curious why you concluded that the carb count is more important than the calorie count. I don't really know your stats, but I think <1100 calories plus exercise would constitute a reduced calorie diet for most people. How do you know its the carbs and not the calories that are causing the weight loss?

I was just curious about your experiences -- I have a close friend that wants to try Atkins, so my ears have been perked (so to speak) on the subject lately.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Just started Atkins, need buddy

Originally Posted by viridiann
Anyone doing ATKINS diet?
I started modified atkins 3 days ago, cal burned about 2,800. Firrst two days cal consumed about 1,900, yesterday about 1,700. Still hard not to eat carbs. Need to up greens from 3 servings a day. First two days no appreciable weight loss but no weight gain either. Today I have lost 3 pounds, probably mostly water. Gradually upping exercise.
I could use some support and encouragement and a diet buddy.
Lee
Old 04-08-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

The important thing to remember is that it's very difficult to take in high calories eating clean food. That's why calories are not so much of an issue. Even on my high fat, high proetien, low carb Anabolic Diet I struggle to get in enough calories a day so I don't think most prople following the Atkins really have to worry about calories; just carbs. Unless you are constantly eating I think it's not something to worry about.

Lollie

Start 01/04/2011 weight 83.2kg
Wk 1:08/04.2011 weight 80.0kg mostly water I know but still good

You can follow my pogress here:
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ed-atkins.html
Old 04-08-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
How can you do that?
I am on day 4, lost 1.6 pound. I found it is hard to eliminate sugar in cooking. Any advices?
Mai
Can't you use Ganular splender which comes in a big yellow box for cooking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.