Notices

Atkins

Old 05-27-2010, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry Richard. I guess I have just missed you when you have messaged me. I usually just keep my messenger open on my yahoo mail, and if I don't happen to be on that tab, I don't see you. You come and go so quickly. Keep trying. I have sent you some messages back...I hope you got them. I'm looking forward to being able to chat with someone who understands where I am right now.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lil.oh.me
Sorry guys I haven't been present. I think I'm a little discouraged. I know my hot spots--the weekends. Talking about over indulging!!!!
Encourage, encourage. Plan pleasant things to keep busy on the weekends.
Rick
Old 05-28-2010, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by hollyj89
Sorry Richard. I guess I have just missed you when you have messaged me. I usually just keep my messenger open on my yahoo mail, and if I don't happen to be on that tab, I don't see you. You come and go so quickly. Keep trying. I have sent you some messages back...I hope you got them. I'm looking forward to being able to chat with someone who understands where I am right now.
I am sure we will have a nice chat soon.
Rick
Old 05-29-2010, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Atkins diet progress

Adding back dairy foods to 35 net carbs. Got peanuts and chitlins and peanut butter; the latter may be a trigger food. 202 on bathroom scale this morning at low weight--down from 221 three weeks ago. Will see dr for results of blood work next Friday. Walked dog to grocery in wrong shoes and wore a blister; have to toughen up my feet. For my milestone celebrations I will buy some good new sneakers.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default How to figure NetCarbs

I want to know how you are tracking your netcarbs on here? I am adding my food but it is just computing the carbs and not the net carbs. Are you putting them in as a custom item to figure your net carbs for Atkins?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on your milestone Rick. I will take some encouragement from your progress. I seem to have hit a plateau on my second week. I suspect it was because I lost over 9 lbs in my 1st week. I hope I can keep up the determination as you have. Keep trying me on yahoo if you get the chance. Hopefully we can have a chat soon.

Holly
Old 06-01-2010, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pbrando
I want to know how you are tracking your netcarbs on here? I am adding my food but it is just computing the carbs and not the net carbs. Are you putting them in as a custom item to figure your net carbs for Atkins?
After you enter your foods for the day scroll down and look at the pie chart and nutrition data to the left of it. It gives total carbs and dietary fiber; simply subtract mentally the latter from the former. I immediately journal that, net carbs first and total calories second. When you look at your journal summary it will repeat the first few words of the last 7 or so days of journal entries.

I have emailed fitday to track net carbs; so far no response. You might make the request at [email protected] and see if that helps. It would be nice to have a net carbs over time histogram also.
Rick
Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by hollyj89
Congrats on your milestone Rick. I will take some encouragement from your progress. I seem to have hit a plateau on my second week. I suspect it was because I lost over 9 lbs in my 1st week. I hope I can keep up the determination as you have. Keep trying me on yahoo if you get the chance. Hopefully we can have a chat soon.

Holly
Yeah the second week was murder for me; your body has to turn on the genes to burn fat. Keep with it.
Rick
Old 06-01-2010, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hi everyone,

I joined this website today. I have done the Atkins diet before and I was very successful with it, but I couldn't sustain it and gained it all back and more.

I am going to give it a try again but with some changes so that I can actually change my life style and not simply "be on a diet" and revert back to the same mistakes I did before.

I hope to count on you guys to share experiences and see this thing through. I am turning 40 years old next year and I need to turn my life around or my health will be severely affected.

Is anyone out there?

Stay well, Luis
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Does anybody else feel like they would rather go through life invisible? Like, today was so hard to come to work. I feel like I'm hiding out, in my office, in the car, in the house. I'm soooo disappointed. I feel like somewhere I just lost who I am or gave up on me. I'm sitting here looking at the clothes I have on at work today--WTH??? What was I thinking? I don't think I'm depressed, I feel ok. I just feel like I'm caught up in the tedium of everyday life and can't get enough money or enough vacation time. GEEZ!!

I'm dieting and nothing seems to be happening. I'm ready to say F****THIS!!!!!! I'll never be a 10. You know?

I don't know if its the weight that caused this or the mood that's caused the weight. Please tell me I'm not alone.

Calling Richard, Terri, Luis...somebody, anybody!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.