FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   High protein diet (celiac with many food allergies) HELP! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/4411-high-protein-diet-celiac-many-food-allergies-help.html)

rockndrums07 06-01-2011 10:17 AM

High protein diet (celiac with many food allergies) HELP!

I'll give you all a little background about me...

In the passed 7 months I have lost 35 lbs due to finding out that I am a celiac and am allergic to tons of other foods (wheat, walnuts, peanuts, soy, dairy, corn, eggs, seasame seed). Even though my food restrictions may seem harsh, it has been the best thing that has happened to me, and changed me from living an unhealthy lifestyle, to a healthy lifestyle.

I have pretty much hit a plateau and need to lose another 15lbs, so I decided to do a high protein diet and cut out the carbs i've been taking in.

I need advice as to what to eat, and if what I am doing so far is okay. All help is appreciated!

here is what I have ate as of today:

2 Hamburger patties, 75% lean/20% fat 175 calories 40g of protein
Rice protein shake with almond milk. 15g of protein
handful of almonds
Halfcup of grapes
One banana.

I still havent had dinner, but this is what i have had so far. How does it look? Do I need to cut out the fruits? will I lose weight with a diet of this sort?

Thanks!:D

rockndrums07 06-02-2011 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by jhkoenig (Post 47747)
Sounds like you're very close to either link removed diets already. Both are pretty celiac-friendly. How much do you need to eat fruits and vegetables for a couple of weeks? The Dukan diet prohibits fruits and veggies at first, which can be hard for a lot of people, but you will drop the weight.

Good luck!

Will I drop the weight eating few fruis/veggies in the beginning?
And I take "Juice Plus" to get my vitamins and veggies that I miss out on.

gi8e7oi825 06-03-2011 01:06 AM

I'd lose the grapes and banana... I dropped them from my diet as soon as I learned how many carbs they have. Along with pineapples. I replaced bananas with avocado, but not much (again, due to carbs)

Have you considered whey protein powder? (I'm not sure what rice protein shakes are)

RENOAK 06-03-2011 04:01 AM

I would drop the grapes and bananas and eat berries and apples instead. Add low-carb veggies like spinach, cucumbers, green peppers and such.
For protein there is chicken, lean cuts of beef, tuna, and ground turkey.

Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss is a good high protein, low-carb, low fat diet (without the fruits, though). Even if you don't do the diet exactly (by adding the fruits, for example), it's a good starting point. Lots of great info on his site.

To lose FAT (not lean body mass), you have to make sure you are taking in enough protein.

Make sure you are getting your calcium, too!

taubele 06-03-2011 06:25 AM

Congrats on your 35 lb. loss!

I'd agree with others to try and replace at least one of those fruits (the bananas or grapes) with a veggie or a lower-calorie fruit. I have trouble giving up on fruits too; try just replacing one or the other at first and see if it's an adjustment that's easy for you to make (I'd try the banana first).

Tuna is also fantastic for a high-protein, low-cal punch -- an entire can of it (non-albacore) is usually something like 100 cals.

RedSpooner 06-29-2012 12:33 AM

Your morning meal is known as the most significant meal among all. If at all possible, it must include food items low in fat and additionally loaded with necessary protein. The particular protein consumption needs to keep on through the day. Our own gastrointestinal tract can create aminos by simply breaking the proteins, and then our own body makes use of them to restore the muscles and also cells, and the internal organs hydrated. Serious weightlifters are specifically caring for the proteins and also the quantities they usually eat. This happens because proteins assist them to grow good muscle mass. For serious weightlifters, a real high-protein morning meal is important.

Most likely the most effective protein source will be the chicken eggs. Typically the proteins included in chicken eggs are incredibly important mainly because they are part of the group of complete proteins. The particular proteins inside eggs are subsequently broken into aminos. That egg yolk is furthermore quite significant mainly because of the proteins, fats and additionally HDL cholesterol it has. We think you actually don’t need to have any specific recipes on how to prepare chicken eggs, since just about everyone is able to make some kind of omelet or even boil eggs.

tandoorichicken 06-29-2012 06:51 AM

What's your physical activity like? Toss in some weight lifting and sprints to boost that metabolism! If you start feeling burned out it might be worthwhile to add in some moderate carb like sweet potatoes, but only if you "earn" them by maintaining a regular work out schedule. Keep carbs low on rest days.

volleyballgranny 07-20-2012 07:32 AM

Check out Atkins

I have similar health challenges. Atkins works best for me. I can't tolerate any grains--and that includes rice. Read the books (Atkins is my first choice) and adapt what you read to your own particular health issues. I, for one, will never be able to add wheat, corn, sugar, beans, or rice back into my diet--even though most people can add them in on Maintenance. I have also learned that I can no longer tolerate tomato sauce or almonds (which were my favorite go-to low-carb snack). Life goes on--we need to learn from it. :)

Soniques 07-25-2012 01:14 AM

Yes, it's interesting topic! Here is some info on this theme. No doubt about you can fined a lot of interesting there:

How exactly will this help the OP, who is allergic to walnuts?