Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
A question about China Study and McDougall diet. >

A question about China Study and McDougall diet.

Notices

A question about China Study and McDougall diet.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default A question about China Study and McDougall diet.

I'm relatively new here, and I'm a little confused on how to proceed with how I'm eating. I've been vegan for a year, and I've lost a total of 40lbs. I've plateaued for nearly 6 months. Due to being disabled I'm barely able to move to get my daily chores done, let alone exercise. I've recently been inspired by The China Study to cut down my fat and protein intake and up my starches/carbohydrates. I really do think that eating as The China Study outlines is the healthiest way for me. The problem is that today, my calories were too low, but my fat was still higher than 10% despite having no added fat (other than a little soy milk). It appears that most of my fat is coming from the vegetables and grains I ate today. Are there any recommendations on how to proceed? Thank you.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the FitDay forums.

I am a vegetarian. But I eat lower carbs, higher protein and moderate fat.

Are you referring to the China study? While I believe eating vegetarian the right way is healthier than eating animals, I thought Dr Campbells findings were based on selective information he pulled from the study.

I personally wouldn't try a diet based on his suggestions but I think that everyone needs to do what works best for them no matter what others think.

You said you are disabled. If it is due to a health reason (opposed to limb) I highly recommend talking to your doctor to make sure it won't interfere with any treatment/meds you may be on.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!