Anyone do Calorie Cycling >

Anyone do Calorie Cycling

Community
Notices

Anyone do Calorie Cycling

Old 02-04-2010, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie-What are your weight loss goals?
Kathie-When you put your goals in fitday, does it give you that message that you should check with a healthcare professional because it's more than 2 lbs? I put in that I want to loose 13 pounds by 3/15 and it gives that message. It's only 2.07 per week. Sheesh. I find

I find that I am thinking about food all the time whereas I normally never did. My weight is mainly from my four kids and never getting down to my regular weight after each one of them. Not that I eat well because I was a fast food junkie. (Notice the "was") Going on a cruise soon and I barely even remember that because my mind is flooded with calorie information! UGH!

Kathie- if you are going to plunge into the burger, just try and do it in the least unhealthy way. Maybe a wheat bun, turkey burger, loaded with lettuce and tomatoes. Like that one book, Eat this, not that. Ha!
Old 02-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, enough talk about hamburgers!!! (I could really go for a burger about now)

Scndtonun, I am about eight pounds away from my goal, so I am at the hard part of it now. I have struggled with ups and downs since high school and have lost weight and gained weight in probably all the wrong ways...so this time I am focusing on my health and doing it right in a way that will change the way I deal with food forever. I had been about 5 lbs from my goal before the holidays and then wild and reckless abandon took place, so I started out on Jan 5 to lose 15. I have lost 8 so far but the last ones are the hardest. I am not a big person (5'1") and goodness knows I have wrecked my metabolism over the years, and I love carbs.

I am ready to get off the roller coaster (and onto the treadmill)!

You are smart, Kathie, to plan ahead. That is real life. My sister will say things like, "I haven't had pizza in five years" or "I can't eat pasta anymore." To me personally, that's not a lifestyle; that's permanantly depriving yourself. Works for her, but it wouldn't for me.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie- You know what they say... the last 20 are the hardest! I've never been much of a "dieter". I would start Atkins or reducing calories and then after a week, I'd look in the mirror and think, "Hey, I've had 4 kids, I'm hardly horrendous looking." and so then I would give up. What I've come to learn is that although I only have 14 pounds til goal weight, I spend more time thinking about weight than I would spend getting it off once and for all. I am calorie zig zagging from 1100-1500. That's it for now. Introducing more than that at once would probably set me back. I have to get this calorie obsession down before I hit the "steps". I bought 3 DVD's and a step from "The Firm" off Craigslist. So far I've only watched the videos and dreaded what's in store for me. They are making quite a statement in my livingroom if I do say so myself. One "step" at a time I guess. Haha. I could have had Pizza Hut tonight for dinner because it was my high calorie day, but I chose tacos with ground turkey instead. Yay for me!! Two thumbs up on your 8 lbs, I can't imagine what some people feel like starting out with large numbers to loose.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Oh yeah, my name is Michelle by the way. I tried every combination of it for my user profile and kept getting rejected so I went with my usual screenname.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies! I had a good day today, even though I did eat a very tiny brownie with melted chocolate and mini marshmellows on top! but only the one, and it was like 1 inch square. I could have more, but chose not to! And I did 30 minutes on the treadmill today too!! Woohoo! I am always proud when I exercise.

Tomorrow is weigh in day, so I don't wanna totally blow it the night before. I have my fingers crossed that I have lost something, my ring is really loose!!

And wow, none of us has a whole lot to lose! I couldn't imagine needing to lose 100 pounds. At my heaviest I needed to lose almost 30 pounds, I lost 21, then gained back 19!! I lost ALL motivation for some reason and packed it right back on, and fast too!!

This time I am hoping to actually reach my goal weight, and then learning how to maintain it. I know this is a lifelong change of eating habits for me. The treats will be rare and far between.

Congrats on your continued success!
Old 02-05-2010, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

I weighed in this morning. 161 Baby!! That's 2 lbs lost! WHoot, WhOOT! So in less than two weeks, I am down 7.5 lbs.

Kathie-I have to admit, I'm afraid of exactly what you said. SOOO many people on here talk about loosing all this weight and then gaining it back PLUS some. They say you are supposed to consider it a lifestyle change, not a diet. How am I supposed to tell my head that? My real goal is to just get to my goal weight and figure out how to eat to maintain it. I am going to start a new thread..."What are YOU looking forward to?" Be sure and post...
Good job on your tiny cheat. I don't think any lifestyle is worth having if you can NEVER indulge. That can mean the difference between failing and succeeding. I had calories to spare last night so I had a small bowl of my beloved Cap'N Crunch. Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day! Ha!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Michelle, that is awesome!! Way to go!! I had a very disappointing .6 lb loss. I am planning on weighing again in the morning and seeing if I had some fluid retention on my this morning. Wish me luck!!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:01 PM
FitDay Member

Fingers crossed for you Kathie!! I know how you feel though. I'm not anticipating that I will keep dropping at this rate. But some loss is better than gain right? Hey, where's your list of things you are looking forward to on the new thread I posted? I like hearing what people have in mind. Did I mention that I woke up about 3 times last night and everytime, I had just been dreaming about calories or forums or menus of some sort? Ugh, how long does the obsession last? Thinking about making tomorrow my highest cheat day to date. 1600 calories! I'm really craving some fast food breakfast! Going to look online for the best bang for my calorie buck! Ha. Happy Weigh-in!!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies, I am Heather, but my firends call me Gibby. found this site by accident while looking for low fat recipes three days ago, and I am loving it. so much easier than my paper food diaries, and calculator! I am a complete yoyo diets, so when people ask me how much weight I have lost, i have no idea what to tell them, I can say my highest weight was 210, and lowest since high school was 160, right now i am sitting at about 177, and have been in a gain three lose -three pattern since the fall. It used to be that I would let things slide until I got a big wake up call when the scale hit 200 then i would serously hit the diet and excercise until I had lost some weight. then when the compliments started rolling in, i would let things slide again. I excercise very sporatically, and know if I could incorporate this inot my life regularly I would be so much better off. Well I could go on and on, but i will check back in a few days.