FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   any one having success with the Zone? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/286-any-one-having-success-zone.html)

cardeda4 01-27-2010 03:48 AM

any one having success with the Zone?

I have been on the zone for three weeks and truthfully a little disappointed I am not losing faster. I'm dropping about one pound a week. Can anyone share their zone menu's with me? I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I am 51, female, somewhat sedentary.

I can't imagine trying to do this without fitday!!!!

Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer!

carol

s_weaver 04-03-2010 12:09 PM

Sorry can't help more

Hi Carol,

I would be curious to know what you're eating exactly. I've dabbled in Paleo and have done a lot of research on Zone (I have to buy a scale still, so have yet to start). I've heard the best success is when you incorporate them together. If you haven't done so yet, I would suggest at least reading about Paleo or Primal and see if it'd something that would be a good idea for you.

Sorry I can't be more help but I noticed there were no other replies so I figured a little something would be better than nothing.

Good luck!
Sarra

DENADENA 04-16-2010 11:54 PM

I have been on the zone diet for about 4 weeks now and am having good success. I like the diet because if I eat what they tell me to and keep my meals balanced 40/30/30, I don't feel hungry ever and the weight comes off. I have to admit that the meals themselves are n't that exciting. I need to invest in a Zone cookbook or something. I've been following the eDiets Zone plan (Glycemic Impact).
I've been losing 1-2 pounds a week and I exercise almost every day. So if you're losing a pound a week and NOT exercising, that's pretty good.
If you want to lose more weight, look at how many calories you are eating. Calories out has to be more than calories in or you won't lose weight, so try decreasing your calories by 100-200/day (but don't go below 1200/day!). You could do this as well by starting to exercise, even if it's just walking 4-5 times a week. You shouldn't need any more calories even if you start exercising.
Hope this helps!

memcop 06-01-2010 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by cardeda4 (Post 1952)
I have been on the zone for three weeks and truthfully a little disappointed I am not losing faster. I'm dropping about one pound a week. Can anyone share their zone menu's with me? I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I am 51, female, somewhat sedentary.

I can't imagine trying to do this without fitday!!!!

Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer!

carol

Going slow is good, unhealthy weight loss will come back to haunt you. By using 40/35/20 I have lost 40+ lbs. in 6 months. Take a look at your calorie intake and plan your meals accordingly. I am 6'1 and weighed 275 I burned at least 800 calories working out a day but consumed around 23-2400 daily. I poked around the net and found sites that gave me my BMR (basal metabolic rate), calories burned working out ect and came with the balance of -600. I am never hungry and eat every two and a half hours also I have made some very good recipies using fitday. Good food matters!