Notices

Flat Belly Diet...

Old 01-03-2011, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Flat Belly Diet...

Is anyone following this plan? I'm going into day 3 of the antibloat jumpstart. I discovered today that flaxseed oil leaves really nasty lingering taste in your mouth...but other than, all is well so far.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi,

If you have a moment - what is the plan like?

You might try another brand of flax oil. Shouldn't taste that bad. Maybe it's old. Just a thought.

best,
Old 01-04-2011, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

I drink at least water in a day.One week ago I drink 12 glasses water in a day.I do not eat junk food and fry food.I watch after two week spam I am really happy want to flat stomach.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-06-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:04 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Bluejay, I actually just purchased the flaxseed oil, so I hope it's not old because it's very expensive. I used it for the first time and refrigerated it (as required). It kind of reminds me of cod liver oil that my grandmom used to give me when I was younger when I had a cold...yuck! lol

As for the plan, the Flat Belly Diet plan is a 1,600-calorie Mediterranean-style diet with an emphasis on wholesome, unrefined foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, beans, seeds, lean protein, and very little red meat (once a month). The key to losing the belly fat is to eat one serving of a MUFAs at each 4-400 calorie meal per day. A MUFA is Monounsaturated Fat (good fat) and is found in olives, avocados, nuts, seeds, dark chocolate, soybean, flax, and olive and sunflower oils.

I'm going into the last day of the anti-bloat jumpstart (1,400 calories per day), then I expand my food choices, but the jumpstart food was pretty satisfying. Hopefully this is a way of eating that I can live with...we will see, wish me luck!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Sandee,

Sorry I didn't keep up with your post until now. How is the BFD going for you? It seems that people on Amazon are having good success with it.

I prefer to just grind flaxseeds rather than the oil. Taking oil - any type - can
be pretty yuck.

I wish my library had the book. Do they offer substitutions? I saw a couple of sample menus and there was a lot of cereals. I need protein in the morning. I guess can just use fitday to plan 400 meals.

Best,
Old 01-26-2012, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Flat Belly Diet

I am not following any particular diet, just watching the quantity and quality of what I eat. I do however use the recipes from the Flat Belly Diet. The recipes are easy to prepare, delicious and satisfying. Normally I have one portion and separate and freeze the remaining servings. However, I have had to double the recipes because my son and husband like these meals so much, there is nothing left to freeze lol Because the diet allows you to eat good fats (in moderation of course) I don't feel deprived. You can have olives, olive oil, nuts, avocados and even dark chocolate. You can have one serving of good fat per meal.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Flat Belly

I followed the Flat Belly diet last year and lost 25 lbs in three months. The first 13 lbs came off on the first month. I skipped the jumpstart though. I didn't have trouble sticking with the plan as I found the meals very satisfying. Unfortunately as always it is with the exercise plan that I had trouble sticking with. Once the exercise routine went out the window, my old eating habits came back and so did the 25 lbs So here we go again....
Old 01-30-2012, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

For flat belly regular exercise and diet food both are important. In exercise running and walking both are best exercises. These exercises are best for fat burning. In food fruits and vegetables are best diet food.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Massin
For flat belly regular exercise and diet food both are important. In exercise running and walking both are best exercises. These exercises are best for fat burning. In food fruits and vegetables are best diet food.
Thanks for the tip
Old 01-31-2012, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

I love the flat belly diet.... it is all the foods that I like..... the only thing I don't do.. is use flaxseed oil... but I DO use ground flax seed and use it in my whole grain cereal or yogurt or even in my Turkey meat loaf.... there are really many ways to use ground flax seed... but I try to follow the concept of the flat belly diet always.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.