FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Diet is working! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/26777-diet-working.html)

rache25 06-08-2018 07:42 AM

Diet is working!

I just started a couple of days ago and I am down 5 lbs.!. (see diet posted below) I couldn't even eat all the food per day. Its a lot of weight to lose in 2 days but I am drinking 5+ glasses of water each day so I don't really understand why so much came off. How could it be water weight?

I want to lose 80 lbs total and hoping to do this in 3-4 months. I will keep up on my progress by posting how much I have lost. I started on June 6, so I will post my results on July 6 then August 6th then September 6th.The only exercise I am planning is short 5 min increments of walking and or weight lifting with a 3 lb weight. WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO DO THIS WITH ME ?? AS A WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE?? I THINK THAT COULD BE FUN!

Diet in short:
Chicken (200 calories, split up into 2 or 3 servings) (large Costco canned chicken breast is 200 calories for entire can) or whatever you like

4 eggs (split up into 2 or 3 servings)
1 cup spinach
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup cabbage
6 cups spring mix /boxed type
6-10 radishes
1 oz. sesame seeds
1 oz. raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup broccoli.
Note: I am planning to use some of the greens and the sesame and sunflowers seeds emulsified in a blender to create a salad dressing for spring mix salads on the diet.

Breakfast: 2 eggs with spinach and mushrooms or just 2 hardboiled.
Lunch: Salad greens with cabbage and spinach radish and one serving of the chicken and 1 egg and
.05 oz sunflower and .05 oz sesame seeds
Dinner: 1 serving of chicken, small salad, broccoli
Snacks: serving of chicken or an egg or radish or salad or combination of these

rache25 06-08-2018 04:25 PM

The total fat per day for the diet is 53.83 grams The fat breaks down like this:
Mono fat - 17.07
Poly fat - 19.64
Saturated fat - 10.78
So yes there is fat in the eggs, but I have changed my mind about fat content (especially monounsaturated).
One egg has about 4.2 grams of fat (so 4 would be about 16 grams ) most of the fat in the egg (3 grams) is monounsaturated a healthy fat that provides nutritional protection for the brain. whereas, low fat diets have been sited in patients who develop Alzheimer's, dementia and Parkinson's disease.
Eggs, however, do have lots of cholesterol but current studies show eating cholesterol has nothing to do with your cholesterol level and in fact the more you eat the less your body will produce cholesterol and it also helps you liver to synthesize vitamin D.

Also I chose the ketogenic diet because it has a natural hunger curbing effect. In a study published in the Lancet, they found that people eating low fat diets and higher quantities of carbs had 30% higher risk of dying during the study than people eating a low-carb diet. And people eating HIGH-FAT diets had a 23% LOWER chance of dying during the study’s seven years after. Also people who continued ketogenic diets (high fat low carb) had a 44% decrease in alzheimers, whereas people choosing a low fat high carb diets actually increased their alzheimers risk by 90% !!! Also mental function and overall satiation and weight loss was found to be higher for ketogenic dieters.

mnge 06-09-2018 05:13 AM

Congrats on finding something that works for you rache25 :-)

panchkarma27 06-24-2018 07:07 PM

If you are overweight or have obesity, losing weight can improve your health. It might also help you prevent weight-related diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and some cancers. A healthy diet is an important part of a weight-loss program. It
  • May include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
  • May include lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts
  • Goes easy on saturated fats, trans fat, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars

morphasia 06-27-2018 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by rache25 (Post 138490)
Also I chose the ketogenic diet because it has a natural hunger curbing effect. In a study published in the Lancet, they found that people eating low fat diets and higher quantities of carbs had 30% higher risk of dying during the study than people eating a low-carb diet. And people eating HIGH-FAT diets had a 23% LOWER chance of dying during the study’s seven years after. Also people who continued ketogenic diets (high fat low carb) had a 44% decrease in alzheimers, whereas people choosing a low fat high carb diets actually increased their alzheimers risk by 90% !!! Also mental function and overall satiation and weight loss was found to be higher for ketogenic dieters.

WOOT! Three cheers for Rache25!! Congratulations on choosing a fantastic eating plan. Your food looks marvelous and I'm 100% in agreement with ketogenic, low carb, paleo. Anything that cuts out nasty sugar. This way of eating is good for diabetics, weight loss, even cancer. Agree also that "healthy" fats are essential. I used to take coconut or MCT oil and it's a major metabolizer, lemme tell ya!

Best of luck on your weight loss journey and I hope you'll post again.

patilpoojasc 06-28-2018 09:51 PM

Regularly eating healthy foods that you enjoy is a good sign that your diet efforts are working. Researchers who study eating behaviors have found an interesting difference between successful and unsuccessful dieters: When low self-control dieters (unsuccessful dieters) think of foods to eat to lose weight they tend to focus on foods they don’t like the taste of, Brussels sprouts, for example. By contrast, dieters with high self-control think first about “diet” foods they enjoy.

johnysmith 07-02-2018 05:46 PM

Diet is very useful for us to maintain health.With daily exercise you have to follow some routine diet to maintain health.

lalo1349 07-05-2018 08:15 AM

looks fine to me!

Lionessvibe 07-06-2018 12:08 PM

That’s great

I am happy for you some people find it hard to find a technique that works for them. Consistency is key. Keep up the great work on your journey.

ankitkapoor 07-08-2018 05:46 PM

Diet is very useful to health .It is very essencial to maintain body.

LashaundaRau 08-15-2018 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by rache25 (Post 138484)
I just started a couple of days ago and I am down 5 lbs.!. (see diet posted below) I couldn't even eat all the food per day. Its a lot of weight to lose in 2 days but I am drinking 5+ glasses of water each day so I don't really understand why so much came off. How could it be water weight?

I want to lose 80 lbs total and hoping to do this in 3-4 months. I will keep up on my progress by posting how much I have lost. I started on June 6, so I will post my results on July 6 then August 6th then September 6th.The only exercise I am planning is short 5 min increments of walking and or weight lifting with a 3 lb weight. WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO DO THIS WITH ME ?? AS A WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE?? I THINK THAT COULD BE FUN!

Diet in short:
Chicken (200 calories, split up into 2 or 3 servings) (large Costco canned chicken breast is 200 calories for entire can) or whatever you like

4 eggs (split up into 2 or 3 servings)
1 cup spinach
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup cabbage
6 cups spring mix /boxed type
6-10 radishes
1 oz. sesame seeds
1 oz. raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup broccoli.
Note: I am planning to use some of the greens and the sesame and sunflowers seeds emulsified in a blender to create a salad dressing for spring mix salads on the diet.

Breakfast: 2 eggs with spinach and mushrooms or just 2 hardboiled.
Lunch: Salad greens with cabbage and spinach radish and one serving of the chicken and 1 egg and
.05 oz sunflower and .05 oz sesame seeds
Dinner: 1 serving of chicken, small salad, broccoli
Snacks: serving of chicken or an egg or radish or salad or combination of these

Wow! This is a cool diet. I'll try to eat as you say. Maybe I'll lose weight.

Vickey.M 08-19-2018 03:25 PM

Great Job!!

Vickey.M 08-19-2018 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by LashaundaRau (Post 139416)
Wow! This is a cool diet. I'll try to eat as you say. Maybe I'll lose weight.

actually sounds good

Vickey.M 08-19-2018 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by morphasia (Post 138760)
WOOT! Three cheers for Rache25!! Congratulations on choosing a fantastic eating plan. Your food looks marvelous and I'm 100% in agreement with ketogenic, low carb, paleo. Anything that cuts out nasty sugar. This way of eating is good for diabetics, weight loss, even cancer. Agree also that "healthy" fats are essential. I used to take coconut or MCT oil and it's a major metabolizer, lemme tell ya!

Best of luck on your weight loss journey and I hope you'll post again.

Good Luck!!!

dan2018 08-21-2018 10:11 PM

Very cool
​​​​​​​

Elli2020 08-22-2018 05:44 PM

Thanks for this motivating share. I am beginner to the diet thing and started 3 weeks ago. This is my fourth week and until now I have lost weight but at a very slow speed. I am now 68.9 kg down from 69.8. My target is 61 kg. I chose to not eat till dinner, or more precisely the kids’ dinner. And I find resisting so challenging!! Truly, I could go without eating on days but here comes 6pm and I end up eating my 550 kcal, thinking: this piece of cheese looks so good!! My husband too could do with losing some weight but don’t do it. I told him about my diet but he don’t specially approve or disapprove. Anyway, my point, I guess, is that I am struggling with being the feeder of the family.
Are any of you are in this situation too? I would love to have your idea on how you might be handling this?

iamtomas 08-27-2018 02:35 AM

1. Good breafast / 50/50 on carbs on protein
2. go to the gym a 1 hour later
3. workout for 30-40 minuts with 1 minut rest time beteen sets!
4. eat alot of protein right after your workout.
5. Stay away from carbs and sugar late on the evening

Stick with this and your body will change for the better!

Juliaisfit 08-28-2018 05:12 PM

I believe Diet is more important than exercise!

chuhong11 08-29-2018 03:45 PM

It works!

Valvaton08 10-05-2018 08:56 AM

That's really great. It will motivate you a lot.

PorfirioLemasters 10-29-2018 07:55 PM

I'm glad that this diet works

MelvinEnnis 10-26-2020 05:21 AM

Great! I'm gonna try it too.

NickDe1998 12-10-2020 06:04 PM

The diet always works, I am going to try it soon. It is always so hard to start though.

dav28grav 02-09-2021 06:43 PM

I'm allergic to some foods, but otherwise, there's a lot of good stuff here. I'm gaining muscle right now, so this option won't work for me. But you also need to add more protein, watch how many carbs and fats you eat.

Logan222 02-12-2021 04:46 AM

Do diets really help to lose weight without harming your health?

Devansh21 07-04-2021 10:20 PM

Top Foods for Weight Loss:
  1. Brown Rice
  2. Blueberries
  3. Salmon
  4. Oats
  5. Green Tea
  6. Water
  7. Almonds
  8. Peanuts

Maxxx17 07-21-2021 10:06 PM

I can't get on a diet. Because I am always eating at night.

elizabethb11 11-01-2021 11:13 PM

To lose weight you just need to start with the right diet plan.

pavanrathaur 12-30-2021 08:33 AM

Diet Rule

This is 100% true that diet plays very important role for weight loss or weight gain but there is a ratio of 60% and 40%, means diet plays role 60% and workout 40%

MarryTitcher 03-31-2022 09:14 PM

Congratulations!!! I'll try it.

timmothysmith01 03-31-2023 12:59 AM

Congratulations…! Happy to hear that you've found something that works for you

Rick.Foster 04-05-2023 10:29 PM

Diet

Incorporating healthy habits, such as whole foods that are nutrient-dense, mindful eating, and staying hydrated, can help maintain a healthy diet.

Irngix 05-11-2023 06:21 AM

I'm glad to hear that your diet is working! Eating a healthy and balanced diet can have many benefits for your overall health and well-being, including maintaining a healthy weight, reducing the risk of chronic diseases, and improving mental health. Recently I discovered how effective the keto diet is https://betterme.world/articles/keto-diet/, it's really perfect for me. I've already lost 40 lbs and don't plan to stop.

mikejason 07-22-2023 05:30 PM

Yeah diet is really worked

davinamartin 07-24-2023 09:33 PM

Maintaining a healthy diet is really beneficial for overall health and well-being. That's why along with regular exercise, eating a balanced diet can support optimal physical and mental function.

mileyy 07-30-2023 07:11 PM

Thanks for sharing

loksangbad 11-05-2023 02:07 AM

yea, this diets really works

Asiil 11-11-2023 02:04 AM

I'm glad some people have a hard time finding technology that works for them. Just right for me, thank you