Notices

Diet is working!

Old 06-08-2018, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow Diet is working!

I just started a couple of days ago and I am down 5 lbs.!. (see diet posted below) I couldn't even eat all the food per day. Its a lot of weight to lose in 2 days but I am drinking 5+ glasses of water each day so I don't really understand why so much came off. How could it be water weight?

I want to lose 80 lbs total and hoping to do this in 3-4 months. I will keep up on my progress by posting how much I have lost. I started on June 6, so I will post my results on July 6 then August 6th then September 6th.The only exercise I am planning is short 5 min increments of walking and or weight lifting with a 3 lb weight. WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO DO THIS WITH ME ?? AS A WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE?? I THINK THAT COULD BE FUN!

Diet in short:
Chicken (200 calories, split up into 2 or 3 servings) (large Costco canned chicken breast is 200 calories for entire can) or whatever you like

4 eggs (split up into 2 or 3 servings)
1 cup spinach
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup cabbage
6 cups spring mix /boxed type
6-10 radishes
1 oz. sesame seeds
1 oz. raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup broccoli.
Note: I am planning to use some of the greens and the sesame and sunflowers seeds emulsified in a blender to create a salad dressing for spring mix salads on the diet.

Breakfast: 2 eggs with spinach and mushrooms or just 2 hardboiled.
Lunch: Salad greens with cabbage and spinach radish and one serving of the chicken and 1 egg and
.05 oz sunflower and .05 oz sesame seeds
Dinner: 1 serving of chicken, small salad, broccoli
Snacks: serving of chicken or an egg or radish or salad or combination of these
Old 06-08-2018, 04:25 PM
FitDay Member

The total fat per day for the diet is 53.83 grams The fat breaks down like this:
Mono fat - 17.07
Poly fat - 19.64
Saturated fat - 10.78
So yes there is fat in the eggs, but I have changed my mind about fat content (especially monounsaturated).
One egg has about 4.2 grams of fat (so 4 would be about 16 grams ) most of the fat in the egg (3 grams) is monounsaturated a healthy fat that provides nutritional protection for the brain. whereas, low fat diets have been sited in patients who develop Alzheimer's, dementia and Parkinson's disease.
Eggs, however, do have lots of cholesterol but current studies show eating cholesterol has nothing to do with your cholesterol level and in fact the more you eat the less your body will produce cholesterol and it also helps you liver to synthesize vitamin D.

Also I chose the ketogenic diet because it has a natural hunger curbing effect. In a study published in the Lancet, they found that people eating low fat diets and higher quantities of carbs had 30% higher risk of dying during the study than people eating a low-carb diet. And people eating HIGH-FAT diets had a 23% LOWER chance of dying during the study’s seven years after. Also people who continued ketogenic diets (high fat low carb) had a 44% decrease in alzheimers, whereas people choosing a low fat high carb diets actually increased their alzheimers risk by 90% !!! Also mental function and overall satiation and weight loss was found to be higher for ketogenic dieters.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on finding something that works for you rache25 :-)
Old 06-24-2018, 07:07 PM
Banned

If you are overweight or have obesity, losing weight can improve your health. It might also help you prevent weight-related diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and some cancers. A healthy diet is an important part of a weight-loss program. It
  • May include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
  • May include lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts
  • Goes easy on saturated fats, trans fat, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars

Last edited by Kathy13118; 06-25-2018 at 02:08 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 06-27-2018, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rache25
Also I chose the ketogenic diet because it has a natural hunger curbing effect. In a study published in the Lancet, they found that people eating low fat diets and higher quantities of carbs had 30% higher risk of dying during the study than people eating a low-carb diet. And people eating HIGH-FAT diets had a 23% LOWER chance of dying during the study’s seven years after. Also people who continued ketogenic diets (high fat low carb) had a 44% decrease in alzheimers, whereas people choosing a low fat high carb diets actually increased their alzheimers risk by 90% !!! Also mental function and overall satiation and weight loss was found to be higher for ketogenic dieters.
WOOT! Three cheers for Rache25!! Congratulations on choosing a fantastic eating plan. Your food looks marvelous and I'm 100% in agreement with ketogenic, low carb, paleo. Anything that cuts out nasty sugar. This way of eating is good for diabetics, weight loss, even cancer. Agree also that "healthy" fats are essential. I used to take coconut or MCT oil and it's a major metabolizer, lemme tell ya!

Best of luck on your weight loss journey and I hope you'll post again.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:51 PM
FitDay Member

Regularly eating healthy foods that you enjoy is a good sign that your diet efforts are working. Researchers who study eating behaviors have found an interesting difference between successful and unsuccessful dieters: When low self-control dieters (unsuccessful dieters) think of foods to eat to lose weight they tend to focus on foods they don’t like the taste of, Brussels sprouts, for example. By contrast, dieters with high self-control think first about “diet” foods they enjoy.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:46 PM
FitDay Member

Diet is very useful for us to maintain health.With daily exercise you have to follow some routine diet to maintain health.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

looks fine to me!
Old 07-06-2018, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default That’s great

I am happy for you some people find it hard to find a technique that works for them. Consistency is key. Keep up the great work on your journey.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Banned

Diet is very useful to health .It is very essencial to maintain body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.