Notices

Dr. Bernsteins Diet At Home vs. Keto Diet

Old 06-03-2018, 05:47 PM
FitDay Member

Post Dr. Bernsteins Diet At Home vs. Keto Diet

Hi everyone,

I did the Dr. Bernsteins Diet a few years ago and successfully lost over 30lbs. That being said, I have since gained that weight back and I'm looking to start again, but the diet in the clinic is very costly. I initially was told to do the Keto Diet, but it seems to go against all 'healthy diet' suggestions such as whole eggs instead of egg whites, fatty chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, limited/no fruits, limited vegetables etc. I'm not opposed to trying it, but I want to maintain heart-healthy and have sought out the advice of a dietician as well.

I have a high starting weight of 230lbs, and will update 3x per week to show my progression. Day 1 begins Tuesday June 5th (as I get all my groceries Monday June 4).

My goal weight is 165lbs (185lbs will be sufficient as a starting goal weight).

I have read another thread on here in which a woman attempted the same thing back in 2015 and went from 198lbs to 165lbs over a 12 week (3 month) period of time.

I'm keeping this thread as a reminder to myself to continue!

I'll be getting the Swiss One tablets to take x2/day with meals, the CalK Potassium from Dr.B (hoping), and I'm unsure if I can obtain the B6/B12 shots.

Current Weight: 103kg, 227lbs
Starting Goal Weight: 84kg, 185lbs
Final Goal Weight: 75kg, 165lbs

WISH ME LUCK!