FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Low carb breakfasts (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/2195-low-carb-breakfasts.html)

xarinn 10-20-2010 06:19 AM

Low carb breakfasts

Hello all

I have been looking at my food logs for the last 6 weeks ( when I joined fitday) and I have been noticing that the majority of my carbs are being consumed in my breakfast, I am looking to cut some carbs from my diet ( I don't want to do Atkins per se) and was wondering if anyone has any great low carb breakfasts that they can share. I enjoy eating eggs but don't think I can handle them every morning!!

Thanks
Andrea

Primal-Lioness 10-20-2010 06:34 AM

Steel Cut oats with a splash of heavy cream and a handful of berries

Crustless Quiche

Fried Eggs and Bacon (My favorite breakfast in the whole world)

Fage full fat Greek Yogurt with a handful of berries (very filling and full of protein). My 2nd favorite breakfast........

Sorry I can't give you more ideas. These are my favorite breakfast meals and I tend to eat pretty simple.

Hunny24 10-20-2010 06:35 AM

Maybe try a low carb torilla with some cheese or salsa in the morning. You can even put eggs or ham in it as well. I wouldn't worry about the amount of carbs since having them early in the day is better for you anyways. So I would rather eat more of my carbs then than at night.

rpmcduff 10-20-2010 07:08 AM

Good ideas above^
You can also add salsa or veggies to scrambled eggs for some variety.

vsabino 10-20-2010 08:47 AM

Eggs are a must then...
Even if you eat greek yogurt you are going to put fruit in it which will raise your carbs (although this is not necessarily bad!).

almeeker 10-20-2010 11:25 AM

Tuna melt
slim bagel with ff cream cheese
slim bun with turkey & rf cheese
1/2 cup ff cottage cheese on 35 calorie/slice whole grain toast
deviled eggs
protein shake with a little frozen fruit blended in
egg salad on Nut house crackers
egg white omelet
Greek yogurt

MikeApps 10-27-2010 03:42 AM

I find it easier to get the idea out of my head of what a conventional 'breakfast' is (i.e: eggs, toast, et al). Just have a nice big chunk of meat and lots of veggies. :D

01gt4.6 10-27-2010 07:47 AM

every now and then I'll try to low carb it in the morning and have eggs but it's getting harder and harder for me to stomach eggs. What if it has carbs, but high fiber, would that work for you? I love fiber one cereal, just a thought.

zorba1331 11-07-2010 01:43 AM

Just eat leftovers from the night before. Breakfast doesn't always have to include breakfast food.

mecompco 11-15-2010 06:02 AM

I like 1/2 cup of egg beaters, 2 oz. of lean steak and a nice slab of whole wheat toast with real butter. This easily gets me through the morning till my 9:00 am fruit snack. If I don't have that shot of protein I would be hungry again before I left the house.