Notices

Starting 40 Day HCG Injection Program

Old 11-29-2010, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

That's what I thought the very first time I heard about the HCG diet. I have learned that it's not really a diet but a treatment plan. I am not a person who loves to spend money but I realized I have been doing that for years trying to reach my goal weight. I can't seem to shed the fat, just build muscle underneath. I decided to do some research and read the book since I was curious. All of my questions were answered in this book. You are not starving on this diet. Remember that! You are still taking in the SAME amount of calories. 500 from the food you ate and the rest is taken from stored fat! The injections have really curbed my appetite and allowed me to have energy and strength. Cutting calories to that extreme without the HCG is dangerous IMO. Instead of your body feeding off of your stored fat it goes for the most accessible target, you muscles. I decided to try it out after seeing so many people I know attain the results they wanted. I have learned it is most definitely not an easy way out. I have never been so disciplined on anything else before. I am not far into it but am amazed at how I look and feel. You must always do research on anything rather than take it for face value. I would have really missed out if I didn't do that.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by soon2bkimk
That's what I thought the very first time I heard about the HCG diet. I have learned that it's not really a diet but a treatment plan. I am not a person who loves to spend money but I realized I have been doing that for years trying to reach my goal weight. I can't seem to shed the fat, just build muscle underneath. I decided to do some research and read the book since I was curious. All of my questions were answered in this book. You are not starving on this diet. Remember that! You are still taking in the SAME amount of calories. 500 from the food you ate and the rest is taken from stored fat! The injections have really curbed my appetite and allowed me to have energy and strength. Cutting calories to that extreme without the HCG is dangerous IMO. Instead of your body feeding off of your stored fat it goes for the most accessible target, you muscles. I decided to try it out after seeing so many people I know attain the results they wanted. I have learned it is most definitely not an easy way out. I have never been so disciplined on anything else before. I am not far into it but am amazed at how I look and feel. You must always do research on anything rather than take it for face value. I would have really missed out if I didn't do that.
Great reply. Most people don't do the research to have a full understanding of the undertaking of this plan.

Definitely not an easy way out.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by noelminneci
Zorba1331, I'm with you! Getting injections and paying money for losing weight while starving yourself reminds me of the tortise and the hare. Just my opinion based on personal experience with diets.
you can take oral drops if you don't like injections. I believe a 1 month bottle costs ~ $100, how much money do you think you'll save in that month by eating only 500 cals a day... more than $100! So are your really paying then if you actually saved money?
Old 12-13-2010, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

You might want to read what Fit Day nutrition articles says about this diet. Sorry, I don't know how to do the copy/paste function.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

You might want to read what Fit Day nutrition articles says about this diet. Sorry, I don't know how to do the copy/paste function.
I couldn't find it. Just copy the address from the address bar and paste here. If that doesn't work, where is it found? I looked and didn't find it.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Most people that write these articles don't have an inkling of understanding regarding this plan.

My doctor endorses the plan and prescribed me the HCG which I picked up from a local pharmacy.

You can NOT do the 500 calories and remain healthy without the HCG to assist in the fat burning, so you are constantly releasing fat soluable nutrients into your blood stream that were stored in the fat cells. As the fat cells release the fat - the nutrients are released also.

I am in deed healthier than I was last July and I have kept off about 33 pounds of the 38 I have lost. Maintaining within 5 pounds is GREAT compared to a lot of people.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

HCG as sold in pharmacies is extracted from urine of pregnant women (yuck) and when on the diet, you are only consuming 500kcal OMG )))) is morning sickness one of the side effects?? This is the absolutely most unbeliavable diet plan ever. What will be next? Will we undergo limbs removal to weight less.....?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

I too am against this. But we can only make choices for ourselves why fight about it on these boards. If people want to use HCG to lose weight thats fine.

Did you know you can healthily fast for 20 or even 40 days? The size of your muscle may decrease but all the muscle fiber remains in tact, it would only take your resuming of normal eating and exercise to get this back. Even shorter term fasting 1-2 days a week can be a very HEALTHY and EFFECTIVE weight loss tool.

If you are going to eat 500 kcals a day and pay butt loads for prescription drugs to lose weight why not give fasting a try, as its free.

I compare HCG with steroids. Because if you are not willing to do it naturally you are cheating yourself, the same goes for muscle building or fat loss.

Thats my two cents.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

I have been researching this for over a year now. At first I was skeptical about such low calories, taking a by-product of pregnancy, not FDA approved, etc...

However, a couple of things changed my mind. First of all the diet was created and research by an endocrinologist, that is a medical doctor. Endocrinologist's specialize in the very type of obesity related disease that I have acquired - hypothyroidism. They also specialize in other glandular and hormonally related diseases such as diabetes, which is epidemic amongst overwieght persons. Many successful hcg dieters are able to control their disease without medication after using the product successfully. Perhaps that is why it is not FDA approved? Think of all the profits the drug companies would lose if people actually got healthy and didn't need daily medication!

Then, about 2 months ago, I went to a family function and saw my (2) sister-in-laws' and my neice ... and holy smokes, they looked great! They'd done hcg through a ND, and had been maintaining 25 - 35 lb weight loss for months! "Most" people do not gain it all back.... unless they start overindulging constantly (ignoring the maintenance protocol).

So, I resumed my research and started finding little to no negative feedback from people who'd actually used the real product in the intended way. The vast majority of negative feedback came from people who had not researched it, had never used it, & had not interviewed real hcg dieters.... in other words, inexperienced opinions.

Twelve days ago I started using hcg, and I've lost ten pounds. Do I get hungry? Yes, I do, but I am not ravenous or feeling like I'm going to faint. When I get hungry, I eat my small meal or snack (ie: apple) and then I am satisfied. I feel better, I sleep better, and soon I will look better. I have been trying for years to get this weight off without success and now something is finally working. That is a good thing for me! If it's not a good choice for you, then don't do it.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

@sisterjen there's a link for you
hCG Diet Dangers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.