Notices

Fitday is helping

Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Fitday is helping

I have been on Atkins since May of this year and dropped from 260 lbs to 225. Never paid any attention to portion control or calories until I stalled at 225. Got Fitday and it has really opened my eyes and made me aware of how much I was eating. Since I started using the program I have dropped a pound a day for the last four days on my way to my goal of 180 lbs. Restricted my intake to 1200 calories and kept up my walking regimen and the pounds are coming off pretty fast. I am a 62 year old male recently retired and determined to get slimmed down. The food log makes all the difference in the world. I love it.
John
Old 09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations John on your weight loss. Yes, Fitday is great for whatever means you are using to lose weight. I too did Atkins for over a year and lost over 60 lbs. I got really tired of the restriction of foods and went off. I then gained 30 lbs back and I'm not sure if it was due to my age (50 woman) but I gained it all back around the middle! So now I've lost most of that 30 lbs again by eating normal size portions. I've been doing that by eating 1200 cal/day. It forces portion control and smart choices of foods. I have been reading the blog of Sean Anderson and would highly recommend it. I have recieved so much encouragement from his blogs. He was once over 500 lbs and has lost more than 200 lbs. I REALLY encourage anyone that is wanting to lose weight to ready it. Find it below.

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser
Old 09-16-2010, 09:10 PM
FitDay Member

Yes the Sean Anderson blog is amazing, such dramatic before and after pictures. I stand in awe of his accomplishment.
I am still losing weight, apparently due to calorie reduction. I always thought that counting calories on Atkins was not required. Broke my stall so easily,but I think 1200 cal is probably too low for me.I will up it a little and see what happens. Eating sardines for breakfast , yucky but they taste better than they look.