Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Desperate to Lose! Need support anyone care to join me >

Desperate to Lose! Need support anyone care to join me

Notices

Desperate to Lose! Need support anyone care to join me

Old 10-21-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

great job on the weightloss everybody!... i've actually lost 15lbs... currently 208... but i've stopped working out [i know!] lost a bit of motivation, but i'm going to be transitioning to the raw food diet- which i'm hoping will help me lose some more weight.

i officially start sunday! i had been going at least 4 times/wk usually spinning and once/wk lifting weights... but now i'm going to start going 5x/wk and do other things.

what kinds of exercises does everybody do? which do you guys think are best for fat loss?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:31 PM
FitDay Member

hey, Im giselle, im new to this site and I love it so far! but then again I am always very excited to begin a diet and like many others i see results and binge. So we are at the same weight and my goal is 140, i used to weigh 135 but now i have a lot more muscle. but honestly i did get fatter. I dont feel like i look like 160 lbs but my jeans tell me otherwise. So does anybody have issues with binge eating? i feel like i need to be held accountable so i dont give up on myself, I have dieted with success in the past but they were short term solutions, like a drastic calorie cut. I know what to do and failing in the past makes it harder everytime, i am so scared to fail on myself again.

current weight 160
goal weight 140
by Feb 2011
Old 11-02-2010, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I am in the same boat and just started fitday today! I could really use support and would love to support others at the same time. I'm more motivated to stay on track when I know others will check in and also hearing about their success. A support group is great idea. Please count me in!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Eat real food. Meat, veggies, some fruit, nuts seeds--make sure you are getting adequate good quality fats in your diet and you will never be hungry. It isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle. You will lose weight at healthy rate and it will stay off.

Steer clear of processed foods including breads (of ANY kind--yes, whole wheat too), pasta, anything in the middle isles of the grocery store. Get your carbs from vegetables and if you want to lose weight, keep the carb count to less that 50 grams per day.

Supplement with Omega 3's and vitamin d. Go ahead, try it for 30 days and if you don't have success, go back to the low fat, high carb way of eating and see how you do there.

Don't take my word for it, educate yourselves by reading blogs like Mark's Daily Apple, Robb Wolf, Dr. Eades, Whole 9 and the like for solid information and science behind this way of eating.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations! You are doing great. I just joined, so hopefully will be able to see the same numbers I am a yo-yo dieter, so need to stick with it.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hey there, Thank you to everyone who replied, sorry I abandoned ship!! I did check in here a few times but responses are not as regular as other sites which is a shame coz i do like the site. Is there a way to set up an email alert when you get a response??

I must admit I am a little (or a lot) embarressed reading the initial post . Once again I did very well up to my holiday in october but since then have fallen flab again. I am blaming the fact that I was studying hard but that has finished now so...

So that was then this is now and a new challenge begins. Only this time it begins with a quit smoking challenge attached. But I've done that before too and will do it again.

Currently standing at 168lbs at 5ft 9inchs. I'm not setting any specific time limit I know I want to get back to around 145lbs but am going to take it one day at a time. Not doing a food log as I think this makes me a bit obsessive about food so instead I pre-plan healthy meals so it doesn't take over my life for a month and then evaporate. I am making sure i exercise each day and I do keep a log of that as it is very motivating, have enlisted the hubby to go for walks in evening as he is quite pleased I've given up smoking so is eager to encourage my efforts.

Also I have put a photo of myself when I was slim and toned at my target weight on the fridge as a constant reminder. Maybe I should put a current one there too, mmm think that would just depress me

A very Happy & Healthy New Year to you all!!!

Last edited by bettmrr; 01-03-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

I'd like to join! I'd love to get support and give support for staying on track. I like the being totally honest too!
For exercise the plan is to go for an hour jog at the beach (that's what I've done the past couple days and want to continue when school starts back up). I'm also trying to eat low carb again and cook more (instead of grabbing on the go) since that tends to be healthier.
k
Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Smile

Whatever you're eating may be healthy but how many calories a day are you eating? That's the key part of dieting. Then the workouts help a lot to speed up the loss of weight.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:41 PM
FitDay Member

It can be really sporadic, right now I'm at about 900-1600 calories. What would be ideal? I've heard so many conflicting things!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, how is everyone getting on.

Have been posting on other threads which seem to be well subscribed so more frequent responses, check out the womens corner.

Well, I have been staying on track so far so good. I have been logging as I was afraid that if i didn't I'd end up eating way too much. Have been exercising really well too and starting to feel pretty good and looking a little tighter too.

The only problem is my scales are going the wrong way and I don't think its anything to do with muscle because it measures this too and no change. Think there maybe somethin wrong with the scales as my husband apparently put on 10lbs overnight according to it.

2 weeks off the smokes as well