FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   HCG Diet - Homeopathic version (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/1731-hcg-diet-homeopathic-version.html)

ChloeHobbes 08-09-2010 05:43 AM

HCG Diet - Homeopathic version

My husband and I just completed the first 2 phases of the HHCG diet as described on link removed. He lost 32 pounds and I lost 26 pounds in 6.5 weeks!!!!! Several of my friends have also been successful with this protocol that has been around for 60 years. It's a very low calorie plan, with a website to support you with recipes, q&a, and tips for adding no calorie products into your menu.
(e.g., Walden Farms dressings, dips, syrups) and
Shirataki no calorie noodles link removed
Our next step is a 6 week "stabilization" phase. Then, if we want to loose more weight, we do the 12 weeks all over again.

I'm a happy lady with this plan for rapid weight loss...go to link removed and you will hear the details.

I am not associated with this product...just a successful customer, now using fitday to track my calories.

Also - the 50 day supply of the Oral Spray is only $70.

alisonrae24 08-12-2010 06:51 AM

HCG is working for me! (homeopathic)

Due to the success of a co-worker of mine on the HCG spray I decided to give it a try. I am a normal sized woman who stores fat on my thighs (saddle bags) and I hate to work out. I always have eaten well so I have been able to maintain my 5'4" body around 123 - 127. However, I am married to a man who works out and wants me to do the same. I hate working out so much that I decided to try and cut the body fat other ways.

I bought HCG drops from amazon and started them Aug. 2 (the first day of a light menstrual period day). The program is 25 days; day 1-2 load with HCG, day 3-23 500 calorie limit with HCG, day 24-25 500 calorie limit with no HCG. Then 25 days of maintenance with watching weight gains and losses. The first two days I got headaches (apparently it's a detox reaction). The first week was hard, in the sense that I need to figure out the best time to take my drops in ration to when I was going to eat so I would not be hungry. Now I am on day 11 and I have gone from 128 to 118. I now know what to eat and when, there are a lot of websites that suggest recipes so it can become easy.

This diet causes your body to burn fat storage instead of muscle, thus following the suggested diet is crucial to follow or your body will burn the food instead of your fat! My husband had noticed a difference in my body too! My fat pockets have shrunk and my skin is nice and tight around the areas that I am losing so I know it is working!

Ill post back next week on my progress!!!

vsabino 08-12-2010 07:04 AM

Let us know how much you will lose in the whole period please!

10 lb for a light person is a lot in 10 days!
I thought the therapy was only available in injections but you mentioned drops? What exactly is the route of administration?
Also, do you know if there are any health risks associated with it?

Congrats on your weight loss!!

CoeyCoey 08-12-2010 07:12 AM

Most of that weight you have lost is water weight which means you are dehydrated and your health will suffer.

10 pounds of fat is roughly 35,000 calories. If you are eating 500 calories, that means you are roughly 1,000 calories deficient. Over 11 days, that would be 11,000 calories or about 3 pounds in fat and muscle. The other 7 pounds is water, which is almost an entire gallon. Once you stop this HCG, your body will restore all that water.

500 calories is too low and will also likely effect your health. I recommend you seek the advice of a qualified health care practitioner who specializes in weight loss.

alisonrae24 08-12-2010 08:44 AM

Cant be too sure, too soon to tell.

Well, I would imagine that it would be reasonable to assume that I am dehydrated. However, I am drinking at least approx. 12 cups of water a day (my 1 liter sigg and at least 3 glasses of my 2.5 cup glasses a day), I drink 4 cups of coffee in the morning and usually 3-4 cups of herbal tea through out the day. Do you still think I am dehydrated?:confused:

Even so, I have learned portion control at the very least! I feel healthy, in fact I feel great. I had four cups of coffee this morning, a foreman grilled perfect portion purdue chicken breast with two handfuls of red leaf lettuce for lunch, and just ate a grapefruit for snack. I have already had three of my 2.5 cup glasses (its 4:40pm here) and I plan on eating a foreman grilled white turkey breast patty and two handfuls of Romain lettuce for dinner. My even have an apple for an evening snack. Oh, and some tea.

So, I guess I will just have to keep everyone posted on my progress and I will let you know if the weight just comes right back after Phase 3.

Thanks for your concern. :)

CoeyCoey 08-12-2010 09:00 AM

Coffee is a diuretic. Some herbal teas are diuretics. This homeopathic HCG is probably a strong diuretic as are almost all "weight loss supplements". They get you hooked with a fast weight loss in the first couple weeks, but in reality, you lose very little fat. Mostly water and muscle.

A lot of water we ingest is in our food. If you are only eating 500 calories, you aren't getting much water from your food. Drinking water helps, but most people don't drink nearly as much as they should when dieting.

Here is some info on HCG diets:
HCG Worthless as Weight-Loss Aid

Eat more real food and be more active. Short cuts will at best just lose you some money, and at worst, damage your health.

midwestj 08-12-2010 09:30 AM

I agree with CoeyCoey

Eating 500 calories doesn't even allow you to get enough protein to maintain lean muscle mass, and with no exercise you can almost certainly say goodbye to a muscular and lean physique. Also there is no way you can be getting enough nutrients to sustain a healthy you on 500 calories.

I'm not trying to stomp on your parade but this website is all about healthy weight loss solutions.

Working out really isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Sure doing marathon cardio is boring, but try doing a weight lifting routine and high intensity stuff. I feel so much better since I started exercising regularly, and my body is responding.

Were definitely here to encourage you on your weight loss journey, but I think there are better solutions for your problem.

Lizzycritter 08-12-2010 03:44 PM

When I don't eat enough, I get terrible headaches from low blood sugar. Dehydration will also cause wicked headaches. To me, HCG is at best a worthless gimmick and at worst medically-sanctioned anorexia. A 25 pound dog (Cocker spaniel size) would do well on 500 calories. A human, not so much.

heytred 08-12-2010 06:46 PM

This diet seems so extreme it's scary. I think you need to be drinking more water... only 12 cups a day (I hope you are referring to a glass and not the measurement...) with all that caffeine in coffee. You've got to be dehydrated on some level...

hcgdietinfo 08-13-2010 06:14 AM

2 weeks in

It is worth it, I lost close to 10lbs so far on the <a href=http://hcgdietinfo.com/> HCG Diet </a>. I'm not going to lie and say it is easy, all I know it worked for me.

alisonrae24 08-13-2010 12:15 PM

Well, I hear you with exercising more. And what I will say is that I only have 13 more days to go before phase two is over. I have made a comittment to myself to see what happens and to not go below a healthy body weight. I have also made a comittment to my husband to start working out after all this and watch my portions. For me I was just very curious to see what would happen, and so far I am thrilled with the results.

P.S. The headaches were only for the first two days. Im fine now.

he05cs76 08-20-2010 06:22 AM

Glad to see someone else on here that is doing HCG.!!! YEAH...! I started last Saturday on the HCG Sublingual Drops and I am loving it! I'm down 8lbs and I feel so alive for the first time in a very long time. Trying to find some new recipes...have you found any that you would love to share? Good luck with it.....!

alisonrae24 08-21-2010 10:32 AM

he05cs76: Try hcgcompletediet.com lots or recepies. Just remember to STAY AWAY from fat and oil. I did the citrus fish, yummy. And I went out and bought purdue perfect portion chicken breasts (plain), cook em up in my george forman and keep em in the fridge for when I dont have time to cook. Romain lettuce with lemon juice and pepper is yummy too.

Jennybeeb 08-21-2010 02:03 PM

alisonrae - 12 cups of water a day is no where near enough. You should be drinking the equivalent of your body weight in ounces per day.

Especially with all this coffee and tea you are drinking, your poor body is probably starving for water. As the previous poster mentioned, coffee and a lot of teas are diuretics, so for every glass/cup of tea or coffee you drink you should be consuming an equal amount of water.

I would suggest you consume somewhere between 3-4 liters of water every day.

alisonrae24 08-21-2010 03:13 PM

Jennybeeb. Thanks so much for your input. I probably could drink more water, but I thought that there were 4 cups in a liter, thus 12 cups make 3 liters... no??? Hrmm, well I am drinking white tea after lunch and I only drink (4) 6.oz cups of coffee in the morning and I dont drink any more coffee during the day. And on occasion I do have a cup of roasted dandelion (which is a dieretic) followed by more water. I drink water when I feel thirsty and I make sure to drink a glass (2.5 cups) of water first think in the morning and before I go to bed, not to mention the liter I bring to work and the 2-3 (2.5 cup) glasses that I drink when I am home from work. I feel like I am drinking so much water...

lakergirl24 08-24-2010 05:50 AM

Allison, I have just started doing the injections again after losing 90 pounds in a little less than 7 months over a year ago. Since then I have only gained 5 of those 90 back depending on the day. The diet really did teach me how to eat and to love foods other than junk. I encourage you to complete it because you will be amazed at the results. I am not 172, I ended the diet at 168 and I have decided that a year was long enough to be off the diet, I am now going for the gusto - my goal of 130 pounds... Good luck and I will stay tuned...

Ltrain1138 08-28-2010 04:57 AM

I'm interested in this as a means of pushing past the plateaus. Right now I'm just watching every calorie and staying active, plus no bad carbs or sugar. It's working; it always works - up to a point.

But it seems like no matter what I do, I can't get much beyond 130-135 (I'm a 5'7" female.) I definitely store fat in the thighs and belly, and it definitely would be nice to get down to 120-125 or so.

Sooo .. HCG is available on amazon without a prescription? There is a doctor in my area who also prescribes it.

Are there any negative side effects at all -- like hair loss or sexual dysfunction?

I'm also wondering if that much weight loss so quickly has an "aging" effect -- like sagging skin in the face.

I've seen so many pictures of folks who had gastric bypass or belly band surgery who come out looking thinner, yes, but also -- older. And rather -- strained looking? Paul Prudhomme (the chef) comes to mind.

I'm not really willing to trade being heavier than I'd like for looking older.

I digress....

Appreciate the dialogue!

lpn_96 08-28-2010 07:10 AM

HCG diet

The HCG diet is working for me. I have lost 15 lbs in 20 days! I'm loving it!!!

Jmiller0212 08-29-2010 12:25 PM

Hcg ....

Ltrain.....Check out Link removed. You will find all the answers to your questions re: saggy skin, etc.... But the answer is no, you won't get it. The Dr's protocol is long, but gives all the medical answers you need to make an informed decision instead of assuming it's a bad idea.

Allisonrae....continue on, sounds like you are dedicated & committed and doing great! I hope to have as good of results as you have. Only on day 2 of the VLCD phase, but lost 5 lbs the first day. I know that will even out to .5-1 lb a day shortly, but after reading multiple sites, pro and con, for this weight loss and lifestyle alternative, I am excited about the possibilities! And thanks for the recipe site, I'll check it out!

I know there are many people who are skeptical and quick to jump to the negatives, but I've had no headaches, no issues, I'm feeling great, very positive, and happy about the personal decisions I've made for myself!! :)

HBilbruck 08-31-2010 03:46 PM

what brand?

So what lab or brand are you guys using? I have been looking into this for some time now and needing some info. I have a lady at work on it who has so far lost about 28 pounds in about 30 days but she is going through her dr. at a cost of $400/month. any help would be great! Thanks!

reaton2010 09-01-2010 03:12 AM

I just finished 5 months of HCG injections and have lost 67 pounds! I feel wonderful and never felt hungry, weak, tired, or deprived. I've learned to eat a lot of veggies without adding fat. The I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray is so close to the taste of butter, I think I can do without butter now. I highly recommend this diet to anyone that can't seem to drop weight any other way. I am hypothyroid and could not drop any weight. I still have 7 lbs to get to my goal but I'm going to eat healthy and start walking and see if I can do it myself. If I can't do it, I will go back on HCG for a week or 2 and hit my goal. Loving life right now.:D

rdrew5762 09-01-2010 03:47 AM

I was reading some of the positive and negative comments and thought i'd put in my two cents. I am taking sublingual HCG(Releana) under the guidance of a doctor. The first thing she required was us to buy a scale that would measure body fat %, water content %, etc. I thought that most of the weight loss would be water, but i was wrong. You can actually watch your fat content go down while maintaining the same water content. I have lost around 15 lbs in one week while actually upping my body's water content. Hard to believe, but it really works this way. I won't lie, the diet is tough. 500 calories doesn't go very far, but considering that that you are burning around 3000 a day you can see why the stored fat would dissapear. Hope this helps.....

Jmiller0212 09-01-2010 08:56 AM

Diet choices for hcg

I've seen many of them but was referred to hcgdietinanutshell.com and so far, after review of many others, they appear to be less expensive while still a good product. I'm on day 8 total and so far am loving it! Having no issues at all with hunger, headaches, etc....Have lost 8 lbs in the 5 days on the VLCD and feeling lighter already! I have researched a lot and not found anything negative about this diet from those that have actually tried or researched it. I'm still positive and hoping this could be the one thing that works for me after many months/year of nothing working at all.

jlcress 09-01-2010 09:20 AM

Thank you all for your comments on this! I just wanted to jump in...I'm doing this change with JMiller0202 at our work, and she is inspiring me already, only in day 8. I am a fitness person--lifter, marathon runner etc, but this last year my body's metabolism hit a wall and I have had no luck, no matter what I do with all the personal training knowledge I have, at losing any weight. This program has a lot of medical background and knowledge, and I think that if you put the time into researching and not blindly following/buying, it seems like it could be just the right thing for those who need it. Not every plan is for everyone...but those of you who have your successes on here, and who are writing of their journeys-thank you! Please continue to update us on your progress!
I am in the first 1-2 day phase...aka: I'm SO SICK of eating! Literally SICK to my stomach! hahaha....needless to say, for someone who previously has been afraid to eat LESS than 1500 calories for the amount of workouts I do, my fear of 500 calories is dissapating as I long for a break from food! ;) I have 15 lbs to lose, and I'll keep you all informed as to how this works to break my struggles with plateaus!
Thanks everyone!

noelminneci 09-02-2010 06:04 AM

Hey Karen, I'm totally on the same page with you. I would never starve my body like that in a million years! I've been Naturally Thin for over 20 years without dieting at all, ever. I have two friends who went on the hcg diet. One lost over 100 pounds and is now gaining it back and the other woman got really, really sick and ended up in the hospital. And this is a GOOD thing?! I'm 65 years old, female, I lift weights and eat healthy. I feel sorry for those people eating so little food, even 1200 calories isn't enough fuel.

Jmiller0212 09-02-2010 10:00 AM

Can you really call 60 years a fad? I go back to my original statement which is unless you have done all (or any) research, it is hard to comment about something, positively or negatively.

Primal-Lioness 09-03-2010 12:14 AM

Good morning everyone. My normal eating plan is Primal Blue Print, however I wasn't losing any weight with that plan, which my doctor could not figure out......

Since I have problems with my Pituitary, Thyroid, Adrenal Glands and HypoThalamus, my doctor recommended the Simeons Protocol (HCG diet).

My first round I did homeopathic HCG and I lost 15 pounds (246-231) from July 23 to August 15.

I got a prescription for the HCG injections the other day and have started them yesterday along with my loading. I am doing 4 load days to ensure that I am not going to be hungry. The protocol says you can load from 2-7 days, so I went for the middle of the road and with a holiday weekend, it makes it very easy........LOL

I find that those people that bash or say negative things do not know lickity split about the Simeons Protocol.

The fact that it mobilizes thousands of calories from the fat in your body burning makes it safe. Your only eating the 500 calories to keep the metabolism up.

The HCG has taken away my appetite already to the point that I am having a hard time loading because I am not hungry. I hate forcing myself to eat.

I have bought stuff that I never eat anymore since I have went to the Primal Plan..........
I ate this yesterday:
Zingers
Donuts
Ate McDonalds
Ate Fettucine from a restaurant anymore............
I ate whoppers from Burger King yesterday

Today I don't know what my load is going to be as I'm not hungry. Maybe milk shakes..............

Primal-Lioness 09-03-2010 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jmiller0212 (Post 20189)
Can you really call 60 years a fad? I go back to my original statement which is unless you have done all (or any) research, it is hard to comment about something, positively or negatively.

I agree with this statement.

How can anyone comment in any way on something they know absolutely nothing about............

The plan was thoroughly researched from the 1940's and started being implemented in the 1950's and then on through now...............

It works, its not unhealthy and I feel great also.

I ask, please............before anyone else says anything negative, please read and research it. Even if it is something that you wold never do.

I, personally, don't want to hear anyone's comments if you haven't read the Manuscript.

Primal-Lioness 09-03-2010 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pnut362 (Post 20241)
Well I sure didn't mean to strike a nerve with anyone and apparently I did. I have been in the Healthcare industry for 10 years. I have looked the diet over. I still would not do it. Its always going to be personal preference what you do to your body.

But I def wouldn't be "happy" that I ate McDonalds or Burger King or any of that other so called "food".

Well, that is not in my normal eating plan. I am only eating it to ensure that I have enough fat in my blood stream not to be hungry when I start the low calorie portion.

It seems as though you only posted to get people amped up. Again, I will say this...........if you haven't read the manuscript, understand the science behind it then why comment?????

Savanatbunnie 09-04-2010 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by alisonrae24 (Post 18466)
Well, I would imagine that it would be reasonable to assume that I am dehydrated. However, I am drinking at least approx. 12 cups of water a day (my 1 liter sigg and at least 3 glasses of my 2.5 cup glasses a day), I drink 4 cups of coffee in the morning and usually 3-4 cups of herbal tea through out the day. Do you still think I am dehydrated?:confused:

Even so, I have learned portion control at the very least! I feel healthy, in fact I feel great. I had four cups of coffee this morning, a foreman grilled perfect portion purdue chicken breast with two handfuls of red leaf lettuce for lunch, and just ate a grapefruit for snack. I have already had three of my 2.5 cup glasses (its 4:40pm here) and I plan on eating a foreman grilled white turkey breast patty and two handfuls of Romain lettuce for dinner. My even have an apple for an evening snack. Oh, and some tea.

So, I guess I will just have to keep everyone posted on my progress and I will let you know if the weight just comes right back after Phase 3.

Thanks for your concern. :)

OMG, if I ate as little as this, the weight would fall off me, regardless of any drops. Surely it is the low cal intake not any hyped up drops which is making you lose weight?? :confused:

KimmNoble 09-04-2010 03:41 PM

IN reality a diet that low in calories without the drops stops your metabolism and you don't lose...

More comments without knowledge is pointless...

Primal-Lioness 09-05-2010 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Savanatbunnie (Post 20273)
OMG, if I ate as little as this, the weight would fall off me, regardless of any drops. Surely it is the low cal intake not any hyped up drops which is making you lose weight?? :confused:

If you ate this little without the HCG you would be starving and you would lose muscle mass and little fat weight.............and your body would eventually go into starvation mode..............

The low cal is only there to keep the metabolism up while the body turns its own fat into calories while we are dosing with the HCG....

Therefore it is like we are taking in thousands of calories per day.

jbwagner 09-05-2010 04:36 AM

Its working (and worked in the past!) for me too.

I lost 50 lbs on it 2 years ago, going from a size 14 to a size 2. I am 5'4" and at size 2, I weighed 140 lbs.

That is how I know my body had not lost any muscle mass, just fat. People couldn't believe I weighed 140 lbs. They thought I was at the most 120. The HCG truly reshapes your body.

I'm on it again, because, yes I gained 20 lbs back over the past year because I didn't follow the rules properly when coming off the injections. I had some crap to deal with in my life, (I know its another excuse!), but I was not in a good mental place so I made some poor food choices.

I am so grateful i have this plan to lose weight, I know it works IF YOU FOLLOW THE RULES. no cheating! I like the rigid structure, because then there are no decisions to make, you just have to do it.

And as for the thought of hormone injections, bah. No biggie. I'm taking 125 IU/day. A pregnant woman gets up to 290,000 IU per day. And I've had seven kids, so I think a wee bit more HCG won't hurt me. :)

noelminneci 09-05-2010 07:38 AM

EXERCISE reshapes the body.

HBilbruck 09-05-2010 12:45 PM

I hope to be starting my drops in the coming week. I'm so excited finally to hear that something may actually work for me. Would anyone mind sharing some stats with me that you experienced your first go round? starting weight ending weight how long you were on the drops etc. I'm interested in knowing what I may experience in the coming weeks. I'm so looking forward to this. I hope I have great success! Failure is NOT an option!

HBilbruck 09-05-2010 12:50 PM

Is diet soda allowed in moderation? I saw it on another site but questioned it?

Jmiller0212 09-06-2010 06:58 AM

It says up to 24 oz of soda per day, if you have to, otherwise don't. I find crystal light to be fabulous!

HBilbruck 09-06-2010 05:13 PM

We can have crystal light? Is it cause its sugar free and basically calorie free? hadn't thought of water flavorings. i'm trying to figure out how to handle giving up my diet pepsi and diet dr.pepper. I'm an addict. I have to let it go though.

HBilbruck 09-06-2010 05:14 PM

Can we eat pork? I have read steak, chicken, beef, lobster everywhere but no mention of pork. Just wondering. Thanx!

Primal-Lioness 09-07-2010 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by HBilbruck (Post 20428)
Can we eat pork? I have read steak, chicken, beef, lobster everywhere but no mention of pork. Just wondering. Thanx!

No, I wouldn't recommend it as it is not part of the original protocol.

There are lots of recipes out there to make beef, chicken and fish, shrimp interesting!!!

I am on Round 2, VLCD 2 and I am down 3.4 pounds.