Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
HCG Diet - Homeopathic version >

HCG Diet - Homeopathic version

Community
Notices

HCG Diet - Homeopathic version

Old 09-17-2010, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

I think it's worth it. I've lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks, its been a slow and steady process. I've hit a plateau now, and haven't had a loss in 3 days, compared to the first 2 weeks this is a bummer. But I also feel great. I do exercise, about 30 - 40 minutes on a stationary bike. I disagree that we need to eat higher calories. Studies have shown that those with the longest life spans are societies which eat very low calories- some in Japan who consume about 500-800 calories a day. They are very healthy people and live a long life.
Anyway, this has been the best diet for me so far. I'm happy, my migraine headaches went away! I had those for years. What I'd like is to get off this plateau.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats!! That is awesome, you are doing so well. Can you tell me if you hit any stalls? I've only been doing this diet for 2 weeks, I've lost 10 lbs, I'm "big boned" so to me it's a good loss. But apx. when did you hit the stalls and how did you get the weight to move again?
Old 09-17-2010, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

I've not hit any stalls, but I have had a couple gains. Mostly when I went out to dinner. I allow myself every 2-3 weeks to have something nice when we go out, that is still mostly protocol but not EXACTLY on. So, for example, I have fajita's out, and eat 2 tortilla's filled with meat, veggies, and guacamole, etc. That made me gain .4 the next day.

Most of the time when my boy and I go out on our weekly dates, I get a grilled chicken salad with vinegar on it (no oil) or a 6 ounce steak with some rice, or a baked potato (of which I only eat 1/2 to 1/4th of). I usually save up ALL of my calories for the day when we have date nights, and they don't lead to a gain, but I usually loose less the next day, as in .2 or .4 instead of 1.

Then when my mother was in town, I took a conscious break for a week. She also started the HCG and had to do her load days, so I loaded up with her again and went right back into the low calorie portion. In 3 days of loading I gained 8 lbs, and then went back on the very low calorie portion with her. The first day back on I lost almost 5 lbs, then 2 every day since then (this was 5 days ago, Monday) so for this week alone, I was up 8 lbs, then down 12.5, so a total loss of 4.5, even though I did 3 days of loading with her.

I think the key to this diet is variety and being creative. And remembering that most courses are 23-43 days of super restrictive, with a 6 week break in between. I have decided to go longer because I am going home for the holidays and want to "wow" people when I get there, and also not be on a super restrictive part for Christmas, so I calculated it out and figured when I would need to stop, and how much I wanted to loose before then, so I can have some freedom while I am up there.

The other major thing about this diet is it really re-teaches you how to eat, and THINK about your food choices. Our family friend has lost over 90 lbs with HCG since Feb, she has about 90 more to go, but even when she is in the 6 week break period of p3 and p4, her food choices have changed dramatically, she is a totally different person. It is an amazing thing to see.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

I am so glad that there is a forum here for hcg users. My mother and I started loading on 9/14/10. We are doing well. I have lost 5 pounds so far. My mom also. I tried this 3 year ago and lost 25 pounds in 30 days. It works. Unfortunately I got stressed out and let my emotions take over and gained it back. I have fixed that issue and am determined to succeed again. A co-worker will be starting with us next week. I lost weight in places that I have struggled with all my life ("inner thighs, calves").
Old 09-18-2010, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by HBilbruck
I hear ya on TOM, I hope it goes away soon for you.

Today I'm happy to report another loss of 1.8 pounds!!! I was a little worries about shat the numbers were gonna do when I went back to work, because all weekend I hadn't really exerted myself so not to overwhelm my body while starting the VLCD. But I work retail so I'm on the go go go as soon as I step a foot in the door and it's sometimes heavy lifting up and down ladders run run run. I was a fraid my body would think of it as exercise and retain the weight. So far it went down. I now have the next 3 days off for vacation time so it shoulf go smoothly.

Question though: When you figure weight loss to date, Do you count from your high point or original starting weight? Like I was 214.7 morning of day 1 loading but gained 2+ pounds by morning of day 2 but then it was gone already by morning of day 3. But I'm not counting that 2 pounds as a loss cause it's not from my starting weight. Just wondering.
Count from VLCD Day 1. some like to use the highest weight to make them feel better, I understand, but protocol uses day after last load day.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

Thats what I was thinking too. Was use the weight from VLCD #1.
I was uo yesterday .4 pounds but this morning I had a 2.4 LOSS!!!!

I was so excited! I have only 3.6 pounds to go til I hit my first goal weight. I am soo excited!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Wow. Only 3.6 to go? That is great. I have a ways to go, but am hopeful. I was exercising in the beginning for at least 45/day, but realized during my first time 3 years ago I only played volleyball once a week and had great losses. I decided to slow down my workout to only walking.

I lost 1.6 pounds from yesterday. I am grateful for the loss. So far I am down 7.2 pounds total. Not bad for being on VLCD4. I have 15.4 pounds left til I hit my 1st goal weight.

All my hcg users...Keep your head up and Drink your water.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all. I am holding steady around 225.0. I weighed in this morning at 224.8.

Weird because I ate bad, bad, bad yesterday............

Talk to you all soon!!! I'm going to get my hair cut and done!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Hcg

I'm doing HCG (rx). I do the injections and I am 1 week away from starting Phase 3. I did the long round (43 days) It seems like a harsh diet at first but you get used to it. Drink lots and lots of water!! I don't even usually eat all of my allotted foods per day.
My info:
ht 5'6"
Starting wt 194 lbs
wt today 163
I'm hoping to drop a few more lbs before I start p3 next Tues. Then it's on to stabilizing. I wish everyone good luck! I am pleased with my results and have been told how much younger I look (I'm 32).

Happy Losing
Old 09-20-2010, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go with that great loss! I am on VLCD5 and am down 8.2 pounds. You are right, the 1st week is tough. I am going to start back walking and the stationary bike today. I have not exercised all weekend. I have 14 pounds left for my round 1 goal. If I can loose more, more power to me

Rise and Shine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.