Notices

HCG Diet - Homeopathic version

Old 09-07-2010, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

The diet says you can have crystal light and doesn't say any limit. I'm still trying to figure out why that's ok and any other artificial sweeteners, except Stevia, aren't, but I'm going w it. I've had it everyday, up to 4-5 packets, and lost 12 lbs in 9 days.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jmiller0212
The diet says you can have crystal light and doesn't say any limit. I'm still trying to figure out why that's ok and any other artificial sweeteners, except Stevia, aren't, but I'm going w it. I've had it everyday, up to 4-5 packets, and lost 12 lbs in 9 days.

Personally, I only use Stevia.

Artificial sweeteners weren't the thing back when the Simeon's protocol was researched and developed, so I think it would be ok as long as it doesn't have any real sugar in it.................
Old 09-08-2010, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to 'weigh' in on this topic. I did a ton of research, I mean a ton. I now know Dr. Simeon's protocol by heart. There is a lot to be found in there about trying to reset your metabolism, etc. I find it all very interesting.

You can search all over the internet and for every person that says this is dangerous or not the right way to lose weight, you will find 10 others who will reply back that it worked for them. I consulted my Dr. and he said that after reading the protocol he found nothing alarming at all. His only issue was if you were to exercise you had better add some calories to the 500.

I have been working out and eating right for the last 6 months and have lost a grand total of 7 pounds. For me personally that is unacceptable. I have been busting my a** for basically nothing. Two friends at work are on the protocol, one is down 30 pounds in about 32 days, the other has lost 60 pounds in just under 6 months.

I am not a whiner nor do I blame anyone other than myself for getting overweight (obese if I use the BMI). But I am also not naive to the fact that everything we (the working man) is offered is loaded with garbage. There is a reason the wealthy are thin and the poor are obese. WholeFoods and Trader Joes are expensive and not in every city; not every town has a farmers market.

Luckily I can afford to make a lifestyle change and purchase HCG and have made the decision to give this a try. I will not stay on it longer than the protocol says to, and hope to achieve the results desired, by following the protocal to a T, and then begin eating better for the rest of my life, or as long as my budget allows.

People are desperate and need a jump start, maybe this is it. Good luck to all, I am on day 3 of VLCD and am down 3lbs so far.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Primal-Lioness..... Wow! I'd live to be able to use splenda!!!! . Has anyone used splenda w/out detriment to their weight loss?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

I have tried the hcg protocol as well and have found it to work extremely well if you stick to the recommended plan. I personally lost 1 pound a day as stated.....unfortunetly it takes alot of restraint to continue the plan all the way through to your weight loss goal. The results in the mirror should help you through the rough spots. Also, hcg drops and spray is availablefor those who do not wish to poke themselves daily with needles.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jmiller0212
Primal-Lioness..... Wow! I'd live to be able to use splenda!!!! . Has anyone used splenda w/out detriment to their weight loss?
My husband is on Protocol with me and uses splenda with no issues.

You can try a small amount and see how it works for you. Every person is going to be different, so you have to experiment to find out what is going to work for you.

Last edited by Primal-Lioness; 09-09-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rashadah123
I have tried the hcg protocol as well and have found it to work extremely well if you stick to the recommended plan. I personally lost 1 pound a day as stated.....unfortunetly it takes alot of restraint to continue the plan all the way through to your weight loss goal. The results in the mirror should help you through the rough spots. Also, hcg drops and spray is availablefor those who do not wish to poke themselves daily with needles.
The drops and spray are homeopathic versions and don't work for everyone........

I went through my whole first round on HCG drops with the worst muscle cramps in my arms and legs and unbearable hunger.........

I did lose 16 pounds in 23 days, but it was not comfortable...........

My second round I got a script from my doctor and taking the daily injections.............no hunger, lots of energy and no leg cramps, so for me the injections are the way to go.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Starting VLCD tomorrow...

Ok So I am just about to wrap up my 2nd day of loading.. Tomorrow I start my VLCD!!!! I went grocery shopping today although I didn't get all the veggies that I needed to. I forgot what some of my allowed vegetables were. I'll get more tomorrow. YIPPEE!!!! I can't wait.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HBilbruck
Ok So I am just about to wrap up my 2nd day of loading.. Tomorrow I start my VLCD!!!! I went grocery shopping today although I didn't get all the veggies that I needed to. I forgot what some of my allowed vegetables were. I'll get more tomorrow. YIPPEE!!!! I can't wait.
WoooHooooo, Good Luck!!!

I am down to 226 as of this morning.

PS - I experimented with 3.5 oz (100 grams) of lean pork tenderloin and showed a loss..............so I think leaner cuts of pork would be ok. Like the tenderloin.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default End of Day 1 on VLCD

So I am wrapping up Day 1 on VLCD: I haven't been hungry really today. I'm feeling pretty good. I haven't had any melba toast today cause my grocer is out at the time so I was wondering about substituting WASA crackers instead. I don't know though. I'm sitting at about 365 calories for the day and thats with everything but the melba. I hope the lack of calories doesn't come back to bite me in the butt. I tried to get to 500, but theres just not a lot of calories in lettuce and celery. lol I did have beef and chicken today as well as an apple and an orange. Here's to seeing what results I get in the morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.